bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

I'm thiknking of spinning a new version at the moment, as I think the script currently handles Jarlsberg fairly well. Winterbay, any things you want to get in before I do that?

Winterbay

The only thing I think is missing or not working at all is the newish top floor opening mechanism of the mowhawk wig. Other than that a new version should be fine.

Winterbay

It does too, but only up to "you now have enough to fill your spleen" after that it goes over to a generic familiar instead.

Request 1 of 10 (Junkyard: Over Where the Old Tires Are) in progress...

[1478] Over Where the Old Tires Are
Encounter: A.M.C. gremlin
Strategy: C:\Users\X\Desktop\KOL\ccs\Attack.ccs [default]
Round 0: X loses initiative!
You lose 14 hit points
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: Enqueuing a stun to help with the battle
Round 1: X executes a macro!
Round 1: X uses the gob of wet hair!
Round 2: a.m.c. gremlin drops 3 attack power.
Round 2: a.m.c. gremlin drops 3 defense.
Round 2: X attacks!
Round 3: a.m.c. gremlin takes 47 damage.
You lose 16 hit points
Round 3: X attacks!
Round 4: a.m.c. gremlin takes 50 damage.
You lose 12 hit points
Round 4: X attacks!
Round 5: a.m.c. gremlin takes 50 damage.
You lose 14 hit points
Round 5: X casts MOXIOUS MANEUVER!
Round 6: a.m.c. gremlin takes 60 damage.
Round 6: X wins the fight!
You gain 60 Meat
You gain 13 Strongness
You gain 8 Wizardliness
You gain 28 Chutzpah

Restoring HP! Currently at 93 of 162 HP, 109 of 135 MP, current meat: 15949 ... Target HP = 162.
Casting Disco Nap 1 times...
You gain 20 hit points
Disco Nap was successfully cast.
Casting Disco Nap 2 times...
You gain 40 hit points
Disco Nap was successfully cast.

Request 2 of 10 (Junkyard: Over Where the Old Tires Are) in progress...

[1479] Over Where the Old Tires Are
Encounter: erudite gremlin
Strategy: C:\Users\X\Desktop\KOL\ccs\Attack.ccs [default]
Round 0: X wins initiative!
BCC: Right location.
BCC: We have found the correct monster, so will stasis until the item drop occurrs.
Round 1: X casts SUCKERPUNCH!
Round 2: erudite gremlin takes 1 damage.
Round 2: erudite gremlin drops 1 attack power.
Round 2: erudite gremlin drops 1 defense.
You lose 13 hit points
BCC: We have found the correct monster, so will stasis until the item drop occurrs.
Round 2: X casts SUCKERPUNCH!
Round 3: erudite gremlin takes 1 damage.
Round 3: erudite gremlin drops 1 attack power.
Round 3: erudite gremlin drops 1 defense.
You lose 12 hit points
Round 3: X casts SUCKERPUNCH!
Round 4: erudite gremlin takes 1 damage.
Round 4: erudite gremlin drops 1 attack power.
Round 4: erudite gremlin drops 1 defense.
You lose 12 hit points
Round 4: X casts SUCKERPUNCH!
Round 5: erudite gremlin takes 1 damage.
Round 5: erudite gremlin drops 1 attack power.
Round 5: erudite gremlin drops 1 defense.
You lose 14 hit points
Round 5: X casts SUCKERPUNCH!
Round 6: erudite gremlin takes 1 damage.
Round 6: erudite gremlin drops 1 attack power.
Round 6: erudite gremlin drops 1 defense.
You lose 15 hit points
Round 6: X casts SUCKERPUNCH!
Round 7: erudite gremlin takes 1 damage.
Round 7: erudite gremlin drops 1 attack power.
Round 7: erudite gremlin drops 1 defense.
You lose 16 hit points
Round 7: X casts SUCKERPUNCH!
Round 8: erudite gremlin takes 1 damage.
Round 8: erudite gremlin drops 1 attack power.
Round 8: erudite gremlin drops 1 defense.
You lose 14 hit points
Round 8: X casts SUCKERPUNCH!
Round 9: erudite gremlin takes 1 damage.
Round 9: erudite gremlin drops 1 attack power.
Round 9: erudite gremlin drops 1 defense.
You lose 12 hit points
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Round 9: X executes a macro!
Round 9: X uses the spectre scepter!
Round 10: erudite gremlin takes 8 damage.
You lose 14 hit points
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: Enqueuing a stun to help with the battle
Round 10: X executes a macro!
Round 10: X uses the gob of wet hair!
Round 11: erudite gremlin drops 2 attack power.
Round 11: erudite gremlin drops 2 defense.
Round 11: X casts MOXIOUS MANEUVER!
Round 12: erudite gremlin takes 79 damage.
You lose 14 hit points
Round 12: X attacks!
Round 13: erudite gremlin takes 39 damage.
You lose 15 hit points
Round 13: X attacks!
Round 14: erudite gremlin takes 38 damage.
You lose 16 hit points

Why does it say it has the correct monster but doesn't use the magnet?

Theraze

A) This is a SmartStasis question, not a BCA question. Right thread, better results.
B) Correct monster only means that it will try to stasis.
B1) Unless you have the Monster Manuel, you can't tell the difference between the 'real' erudite gremlin and the one without the item.
B2) As soon as it sees that it isn't the right monster from the actions, it will stop trying to stasis. This might have happened in round 9.

mrzarch

Apologies if this is old news, but I'm using a ~2 week old SVN version, and it's failing at the tower. When it encounters a Beer Batter, it will try to clover Guano Junction, but it won't get stench resistance first, so it burns adventures. Likewise, if it encounters a fried egg without pepper in inventory, it will repeatedly clover the Black Forest but not use the resulting picnic baskets. Any suggestions on a free editor with line numbering so I can contribute fixes to this sort of thing myself?

i'm not sure if it's a BCA issue or something else, but a recent change somewhere is causing me to have an issue where the following just repeats over and over.

(usable quantity of fortune cookie is limited to 0 by its non-Jarlsbergian nature)
(usable quantity of fortune cookie is limited to 0 by its non-Jarlsbergian nature)

sadly it happens so fast and so many times that whatever happened right before has scrolled off...
so anyway, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but is there anyway to tell BCA or whatever else not to try to consume fortune cookies in AoJ?

my only way past this is to manually eat, which is fine but at the start of the session i dont have all the MP i need for summons to eat so i usually adventure a few times first. not a huge deal as i can adventure manually, but would be nice if i knew how to fix this.

edit: i guess it might help to know what else i use. BestBetweenBattle.ash, CounterChecker.ash, Universal_recovery.ash. my CCS uses WHAM and i know smartstasis is in there somewhere also.

Last edited:
Sorry, had no idea there were even settings to control that. Seems their script owners might not want to bother trying if AoJ but I guess that's neither here nor there, and certainly not relevant in the BCA thread. Once thing I'm not sure about is why I started getting this now. I've been doing AoJ runs for a few weeks and never had this happen until today. Any help on how to turn off fortune cookie eating would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Theraze

In BBB:
Code:
boolean cookiecheck() {
   if (my_fullness() >= fullness_limit() || !can_eat() || my_class() == $class[Zombie Master] || my_class() == $class[Avatar of Jarlsberg]) return true;
It also needs this... related to AoJ, unrelated to Fortune Cookies.
Code:
boolean fam_check() {
   if (my_class() == $class[Avatar of Boris] || my_class() == $class[Avatar of Jarlsberg]) return true;
	// first, enforce 100% runs
Easiest thing for CC is to set auto_semirare to never during AoJ runs.

In BBB:
Code:
boolean cookiecheck() {
   if (my_fullness() >= fullness_limit() || !can_eat() || my_class() == $class[Zombie Master] || my_class() == $class[Avatar of Jarlsberg]) return true;
It also needs this... related to AoJ, unrelated to Fortune Cookies.
Code:
boolean fam_check() {
   if (my_class() == $class[Avatar of Boris] || my_class() == $class[Avatar of Jarlsberg]) return true;
	// first, enforce 100% runs
Easiest thing for CC is to set auto_semirare to never during AoJ runs.

Thanks very much, will add this code now.

r12007, AOJ, and when I noticed the insane number of rounds spent in the 8-bit realm, I have this many pixels left *after* making the digital key manually...any ideas?

You have:
66 red pixels
64 green pixels
64 blue pixels
62 white pixels
99 black pixels

Probably due to mafia creating mystic items being broken right now...

Good to know...I've had issues sometimes making AOJ food/booze lately too via mafia, but they work fine via the relay browser.

I started manually running most of the run anyway...I just did a 6 day AOJ run, even with all the extra wasted adventures in the 8-bit realm, so I'm tempted to actually play more for a bit and bust out my quest notes for a while.

So far I'm enjoying the glass cannon of a class. ;)

Theraze

Well, since 12007 (and 12006, really), the AoJ cooking should be fine. But that's the only of the modified shops that's been updated as far as I'm aware. Other shops are the mystic, vending machine (loot tokens), and at least one of the sea's shops. The sea doesn't matter for ascensions, but legend and digital keys do.