bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

I look forward to testing things out when I've done my DB, AT and P class action runs so that I can actually do the Ninjas instead of the slope :)

CKtheFat

I've noticed that, playing as a Pastamancer, BCC likes to equip me with the Bugbear hat and pants, when there are plenty of +myst items I could wear instead, like the Fuzzy Earmuffs that would help a good deal. I've had this most of the run now, and I don't really see anything in the relay browser that I did to set this... I also know the script is for Moxie characters mainly.

Just a bit confused why I'm running through the script dressed like a furry :p I think I'm running Winterbay's latest svn submission for .53, but like I said, it's been this way most of the run for previous versions of the script.

Edit: I should note that I'm doing HCNP.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
It's an automating script. Is the bugbear outfit breaking automation? If not, why would you care what it is wearing, as long as it is automating?

Winterbay

I've never had that happen, but granted I generally run the script as a sauceror. The next time that happens could you abort the script and post what it equipped you with as well as the Maximizer string from the maximizer window?

CKtheFat

Maximizer code:
Code:
0 beeosity, mainstat 49 max, -equip hilarious comedy prop +10spell damage +mysticality experience +5 mp regen min +5 mp regen max -10 ml

Code:
******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage pantry
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage Trapper
BCC: We have completed the stage [wand].
BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
BCC: levelMe(68, true) called.
Level 9 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [chasm].
BCC: levelMe(85, true) called.
Level 10 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [airship].
BCC: We have completed the stage [castle].
BCC: levelMe(104, true) called.
Level 11 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
BCC: Preparing Booze (Have 0 SCC and 0 ACC)
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 369.75
Putting on bugbear beanie...
Equipment changed.
Wielding rib of the Bonerdagon...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Misty Robe...
Equipment changed.
Putting on bugbear bungguard...
Equipment changed.
Putting on pirate fledges...
Equipment changed.
Putting on badass belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Talisman o' Nam...
Equipment changed.

Is the line:

"Maximizing "

possibly related to this? I'm trying to look through the script to where it's being called for the Macguffin stage.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
To see what the script last tried to maximize, you need to open up the Modifier Maximizer window in mafia. It generally won't show up in the CLI.

CKtheFat

Under tools, I see it now, thanks. Will check it out again...

Edit: Here it is:

Code:
0 beeosity, mainstat 49 max, -equip hilarious comedy prop +10spell damage +mysticality experience +5 mp regen min +5 mp regen max -10 ml

Last edited:

Winterbay

Well, the thing happening is that the script tries to get you to 49 mainstat (anything above that doesn't count) and then tries to get some more spell damage. The bugbrea outfit gives +3 spell damage and is thus chosen since it can fulfil 49 mainstat and get +3 spell damage (worth 30 points since it is maximizing for +10 spell damage).

CKtheFat

Okay, thanks for the clarification. That's not the outfit I would have chosen on my own, nor is it the outfit Ascend.ash chooses. But it works fine in the long run :)

Alecat

Currently having trouble with the new level 9 quest, I did the bridge manually and then started on the peaks, before updating to 0.53. It's not detecting that I have the Highland Lord's quests. Can I force it to realise it needs to do the peaks? I guess I could pull out the peaks automation into a function and then just call that directly.

Winterbay

Not as such, even though CounterChecker, Universal Recovery and similar can be recommended use. Also you need a somewhat decent way of killing monsters, WHAM is one such or you can set up your own CCS.

Atreyuu

I'm not sure what's causing this and I'm not even SURE it's an issue with bumcheekcend, but I only get the error when I try to use the script. Everything seems to automate fine until combat starts and then I get

BCC: Monster HP is 90
BCC: These are the figures for Käsesoßesturm: Bonus: 84.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 248.0
BCC: I expect 93 damage from Käsesoßesturm
BCC: These are the figures for Salsaball: Bonus: 84.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 248.0
BCC: I expect 8 damage from Salsaball
BCC: These are the figures for Saucestorm: Bonus: 84.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 248.0
BCC: I expect 93 damage from Saucestorm
BCC: These are the figures for Stream of Sauce: Bonus: 84.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 248.0
BCC: I expect 43 damage from Stream of Sauce
BCC: These are the figures for Surge of Icing: Bonus: 84.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 248.0
BCC: I expect 93 damage from Surge of Icing
BCC: These are the figures for Wave of Sauce: Bonus: 84.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 248.0
BCC: I expect 140 damage from Wave of Sauce
BCC: We are going to one-shot with Käsesoßesturm
Round 1: xxxx executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.​

And when I continue in my browser I see "Too many, or zero, matches for skill, "K&auml", macro aborted." So I figure that Käsesoßesturm is the issue but I can't very well "unlearn" it so is there any way to get Mafia to ignore it?

Winterbay

Well, the problem is that the spell-slinging part of BCA haven't been touched in a while and is thus in various states of disrepair. That may get fixed, or possibly just cut out entirely, but in the meantime I suggest you set BCA to use your CSS even as a myst class and either set up your own CCS or use WHAM (link in signature) which works fine.

slyz

Developer
The BCCend consult simply returns "skill Käsesoßesturm" to Mafia, which submits a 1 round macro to use the skill. Unfortunately, KoL doesn't understand Käsesoßesturm.

I'm not sure if this is a KoL bug, or if this is something Mafia should work around (how are we supposed to reference Käsesoßesturm by name in a Macro?).

Using BatBrain-powered consult scripts, like WHAM, will work because they use the skill/item numbers when they submit a macro. Using skill numbers in macros submitted by Mafia would work, but would make debugging macros a lot harder.

In any case, I don't thing BCCen is to blame.

Tipmon

Hey, I just wanted to point out a little bug

Equipment changed.
Come back with a 20 pound Barrrnacle
Putting Grofflesby the Barrrnacle back into terrarium...
Taking Trobert the Baby Gravy Fairy out of terrarium...
Approaching pool table with an aggressive stance.
Huh? Unknown response.
Arena not open
You are stuck at the top of the tower.

It seems that it doesn't check to see if you have access to your clan's lounge or not and when it can't get in, it decides to abort.

Winterbay

Well, it performs
Code:
if (cli_execute("pool 1")) {}
which in theory should mean it should continue even if it aborts due to some kind of error. We could try capture it even more within a try/finally statement but it really shouldn't be needed.