bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

SVN version has been updated to a version that should handle the level 9 quest. I've tested it once (today) and it worked through the quest as a Sealclubber, Hardcore Class Action, without too much of preparation beforehand. With a "normal" hardcore run it should have less of a problem. It still needs some cheap effects from items to gain +item and +stench and possibly +init but apart from that I'd say it's hopefully fully functional :)

CKtheFat

Testing your latest revisions now. One thing I noticed is that it still has you adventure in the smut orc logging camp even if the bridge is built outside the script (I built the bridge manually trying to level up before facing Groar.) I'm already partially through A Boo Peak, so I'll comment out the bridge stuff and run again. Edit: Updated KolMafia to the latest hourly code and placed back in the code that checks the bridge; it works fine after all. My bad.

Edit 2: I'm noticing that at the A Boo Peak it is maximizing my +item but seems to be forgetting to do some elemental damage as well. I manually tried adding in an elemental-damage accessory but it was replaced in favor of the observational glasses and screwing pooch.

Edit 3: Midway through adventuring in the Oil Peak but ran out of adventures. I'll report more tomorrow.

Last edited:

xKiv

Edit 2: I'm noticing that at the A Boo Peak it is maximizing my +item but seems to be forgetting to do some elemental damage as well. I manually tried adding in an elemental-damage accessory but it was replaced in favor of the observational glasses and screwing pooch.

You don't need any elemental resistance if you don't have any clue in inventory ... and you don´t need any +items if you *do* have a clue (that noncombat is bound 100% to having a clue, afaik).

Winterbay

Yo do however need elemental damage (which is what he said, and I agree). I just forgot about that part (I had trouble myself so I really should've remembered...).

Edit: That said, is there any way of specifying specific elements to not use when maximizing for elemental damage?

Edit, edit: Yes, yes there is. "elemental damage, -spooky damage" seems to work.

Last edited:

CKtheFat

Script ran through Oil Peak pretty easily, no surprise there.

I didn't have the items needed to do the Twins Peak. With the script aborting rather than just grinding through the 50 combat adventures, I did the rest of the level 9 quest manually so I don't have anything else to report on it.

Donavin69

I just finished the lvl 9 quest with no issues, except the maximizer likes to remove my bear arms, (in zombie-core, bear arms are always best where they can be worn). Thanks for the work on this quest Winterbay!

I was just going through the war and I noticed the themthar hills section was taking a lot of turns and predicted a lot more left. So I stopped it and maximized meat and applied the buffs (and removed Peeled Eyeballs effect and removed it from the mood) and reran the script. It then put the Knob Goblin eyedrops back in the mood (-20% Meat). It seems like it's trying to maximize items instead of meat.

HankStrong

On a char with poor skillset, past the L9 quest, it still bombs out and says "Unable to buff item drops to at least +50. Please try yourself." any time you run the script.

ETA: this is apparently because it believes that I have not completed the orc chasm quest because it bombed out on me and I finished it manually.

BCC: We have completed the stage [oilpeak].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [twinpeak].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [peakitems].

Last edited:

CKtheFat

Yeah, I noticed the same thing, so I just commented the call for the lvl 9 quest entirely and let the script move on from there. I'll need to remember to redownload the latest SVN changes to remove all my edits this ascension.

Crowther

I was just going through the war and I noticed the themthar hills section was taking a lot of turns and predicted a lot more left. So I stopped it and maximized meat and applied the buffs (and removed Peeled Eyeballs effect and removed it from the mood) and reran the script. It then put the Knob Goblin eyedrops back in the mood (-20% Meat). It seems like it's trying to maximize items instead of meat.
I have to admit, I never use this script for the level 12 quest, it's too slow. Looking at the nuns code, I don't see any place where it clears the mood, so the mood could contain all sorts of leftovers. Also, if you have some kind of huge meat buff going in, it will estimate using that and under buff. Since it buffs all at once at the beginning, it won't reapply them as they run out.
I do not see anyplace where it's trying to maximize items. It looks like that eyedrops are a leftover mood.

Winterbay

The problem with adding items to the mood is if you run out with no way of getting more Mafia will abort, that's why the items are used beforehand.

I have a version of the level 9 quest that should at least not bail out as hard if you do parts manually coded up and awaiting me getting there (today) to test it out. And as soon as the quest tracking for Mafia gets somewhat more granulated I can use that as well.

Crowther

The problem with adding items to the mood is if you run out with no way of getting more Mafia will abort, that's why the items are used beforehand.
I didn't mean to imply I had a better idea, I just wanted to explain why it could end up using lots of turns.

Winterbay

Well, the most recent SVN-version actually does add the items to the mood for the Orchard at least via the use of unconditional triggers with item_amount-checks. Seemed to work today when I tested it out. I also made sure that the mood gets wiped before the Nunnery is attempted. Currently no changes to the way items are used with the nuns however.

With that, I think, we could release a new version to the world since the level 9 quest seems to be stable enough and it fixes a lot of other stuff.

HankStrong

Is there a trick to this script with the Ninja Snowmen? The script always chooses to run Ninja over eXtreme, but my characters just die and die and die. I have one char with <10 skills, that I understand. I have one char with ~35 skills, less understood. I have another char with 75+ skills and he still dies constantly.

Theraze

The trick is using your guaranteed damage skill and leaving your ML at or below 0. Then they will only have 1 HP and anything (sing, suckerpunch, or whatever your cheap combat skill happens to be) will kill them. Just make sure it's a guaranteed damage skill.

Everyone has one though. And it just takes the one.

Is there a trick to this script with the Ninja Snowmen? The script always chooses to run Ninja over eXtreme, but my characters just die and die and die. I have one char with <10 skills, that I understand. I have one char with ~35 skills, less understood. I have another char with 75+ skills and he still dies constantly.

Have you tried using WHAM for your combats?

Since I switched to that it's been working very well for me.