bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

snooty

Now the bumSeMan Settings Manager 0.2 choice list has entirely disappeared from my relay browser. Functioned normally until just a few minutes ago.

rendar55

Now the bumSeMan Settings Manager 0.2 choice list has entirely disappeared from my relay browser. Functioned normally until just a few minutes ago.

Same thing happened to me as well today. Also, all my BCAS settings are gone now. Only noticed because the script yelled at me about picking a side for the war, then started doing the spooky forest again at level 11. Very odd, but I've mostly recovered. bumSeMan (love the name) is the only thing still broken.

Rowah

The auto-abort for hunter brains is rather annoying. I tried to remove the relevant line and it simply gives me a parsing error, when I save it. Maybe it has something to do with saving it with the wrong encoding?

This is the error:

> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

Script parsing error (bumcheekascend.ash, line 1)

Winterbay

Make sure you open it in a nonformatting editor such as notepad. The easiest is to just comment the line out (Put // in front of it) if you don't want it.

I have ignore safe moxie set to true and ignore MCD set to true, but it's setting it back down to 0 from 10 on me. I've got a lot of zombie skills and the bear arms and I'm using WHAM, so killing things isn't an issue. I'd like to use some +ML to avoid so many turns of leveling in the gallery later.

But...it's setting the MCD back down to 0 on me...any ideas why?

EDIT: Ok, I set automcd to false, and best between battle is no longer changing the MCD....but the script still is. :(

Using latest SVN version.

Code:
> call scripts/bumcheekascend.ash

There is a new version available - go download the next version of bumcheekascend.ash at the sourceforge page, linked from http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963!

******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: Please get tropical orchid for telescope part 7 from 'Mysticality Vacation' yourself
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage pantry
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [cyrpt].
Using 1 Evilometer...
Finished using 1 Evilometer.
The Nook is at 0/50 Evilness...
The Alcove is at 41/50 Evilness...
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
12 combinations checked, best score 83.70
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Hovering Skull'.
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC: Un-Defiling the Alcove (2/4)
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
Set mood trigger: Always, ashq if(item_amount($item[hunter brain]) > 0 && my_fullness() fullness_limit() && !(have_skill($skill[Ravenous Pounce]) && have_skill($skill[Howl of the Alpha]) && have_skill($skill[Zombie Maestro]))) {abort("You have acquired a hunter brain. Eat it and feel smarter.");}
BCC: Need initiative!
Mood swing complete.
Need to Level up a bit to get 87 Mainstat
BCC: levelMe(87, false) called.
Maximizing...
12 combinations checked, best score 82.45
BCC: But we don't care about safe moxie so we won't bother.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.

Request 1 of 57 (Cyrpt: Defiled Alcove) in progress...

So for now I'll manually adventure since I have the RL time. It is annoying that I told it to leave the MCD alone, run with +ML, and it's still setting itself lower. :confused:

Last edited:

snooty

I have ignore safe moxie set to true and ignore MCD set to true, but it's setting it back down to 0 from 10 on me. I've got a lot of zombie skills and the bear arms and I'm using WHAM, so killing things isn't an issue. I'd like to use some +ML to avoid so many turns of leveling in the gallery later.

But...it's setting the MCD back down to 0 on me...any ideas why?

EDIT: Ok, I set automcd to false, and best between battle is no longer changing the MCD....but the script still is. :(

Using latest SVN version.

So for now I'll manually adventure since I have the RL time. It is annoying that I told it to leave the MCD alone, run with +ML, and it's still setting itself lower. :confused:

There is no "ignore MCD" setting, there are, however, ignore safe mox and allowML settings. I *think* you might have confused the *disable* MCD setting with "ignore". If you have this bcasc_disableMCD set to true, it doesn't ignore the MCD, it makes sure the MCD is set at 0. I think if you set that to false you'll probably have better results.

After I beat the Cyrpt I tried to run the script again and it left the MCD set at 10 for the rest of the day. I think I have the options set right and it was just ignoring those for certain areas.

Winterbay

That sounds like a really good idea. I did not know such a thing existed :)

I'll look into it.

Edit: Revision 185

Last edited:
I was keeping my garden unpicked for the skulldozer, but the script picked it looking for a pumpkin. :(
Is there a way to check to see if the campground has pumpkins before just picking them?

snooty

Ok, now that I've got everything actually running, there's one small issue. After gaining the mosquito larva, BCA seems to lose its marbles in the forest. I end up with a metric ass-load of spooky mushrooms, vampire capes, and no organ of steel. Organ of steel is stupid easy to get on day 1 if you're not off lollygagging in the forest. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this "behavioral" issue with BCA. Maybe a selection choice, open temple on day 1, true/false? Personally I'd rather have organ of steel day 1 than have the useless temple open.

Crowther

Ok, now that I've got everything actually running, there's one small issue. After gaining the mosquito larva, BCA seems to lose its marbles in the forest. I end up with a metric ass-load of spooky mushrooms, vampire capes, and no organ of steel. Organ of steel is stupid easy to get on day 1 if you're not off lollygagging in the forest. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this "behavioral" issue with BCA. Maybe a selection choice, open temple on day 1, true/false? Personally I'd rather have organ of steel day 1 than have the useless temple open.
I've noticed that, but wasn't sure it was specific to my odd setup. While "questL02Larva" is the correct name as assigned by mafia, I can't find where it sets that to finished.

After I beat the Cyrpt I tried to run the script again and it left the MCD set at 10 for the rest of the day. I think I have the options set right and it was just ignoring those for certain areas.

I noticed today that it's changing the MCD to 0 and then setting it back to 10. That's a couple extra server hits (and some confusion) so maybe that's where the problem lies...there is something that sets it down and then something else that sets it back sometimes, but not always.

Example:

Code:
> call scripts/bumcheekascend.ash

_meatpermp => 100.0
There is a new version available - go download the next version of bumcheekascend.ash at the sourceforge page, linked from http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963!

Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'dinghy' for the barbed-wire fence for telescope part 7
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'macguffinhiddencity' for the pygmy blowgun for telescope part 6
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'airship' for the photoprotoneutron torpedo for telescope part 5
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'pantry' for the leftovers of indeterminate origin for telescope part 4
BCC: You have at least one Knob Goblin firecracker for telescope part 3
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'dinghy' for the mariachi G-string for telescope part 2
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'castle' for the Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub for telescope part 1
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage pantry
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [8bit].
You acquire an item: continuum transfunctioner
BCC: Maximizing '+equip continuum transfunctioner +item drop'
Maximizing (1st time may take a while)...
32 combinations checked, best score 155.00
Putting on continuum transfunctioner...
Equipment changed.
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_items on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'Reagnimated Gnome' where x=4
Putting Toothy the Hovering Skull back into terrarium...
Taking Dead Items the Reagnimated Gnome out of terrarium...
BCC: Checking the ASCII, a is false and b is false
BCC: Getting the Digital Key
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: Always, ashq if(item_amount($item[hunter brain]) > 0 && my_fullness() 
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 digital key'...
Condition added: digital key
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.

Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. r37)...
Running ZLib version: r37 (current)
Checking for updates (running Best Between Battle Script Ever ver. 2.6)...
Running Best Between Battle Script Ever version: 2.6 (current)
10/17/12 05:27:27 PM - New message received from Your Pen Pal.
You have the latest use_for_items.txt. Will not check again today.
_meatpermp => 17.0
_meatperhp => 1.7
Checking for updates (running Universal Recovery ver. 3.10.6)...
_version_BalesUniversalRecovery => 3.10.6
You have a current version of Universal Recovery.

Request 1 of 59 (Woods: 8-Bit Realm) in progress...

[117] 8-Bit Realm
Encounter: Octorok
Strategy: /home/.kolmafia/ccs/WHAM.ccs [default]
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
You have the latest batfactors.txt. Will not check again today.
Checking for updates (running BatBrain ver. 1.25)...
Running BatBrain version: 1.25 (current)
Checking for updates (running SmartStasis ver. 3.15)...
Running SmartStasis version: 3.15 (current)
Checking for updates (running WHAM ver. 3.6)...
Running WHAM version: 3.6 (current)
You have the latest pluralMonsters.txt. Will not check again today.
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
Round 1: chef_rannos executes a macro!
Round 1: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 2: octorok takes 47 damage.
Round 2: chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain 5 hit points
After Battle: Dead Items does the Electric Slide, sparks flying from his armpitbolts.
You acquire an item: red pixel
You acquire an item: crappy brain
You gain 4 Fortitude
You gain 4 Mysteriousness
You gain 2 Sarcasm

KoLmafia declares world peace.

EDIT: As soon as the script went to do the Friars, it dropped the MCD to 0. With the bear arms and as many Zombie skills as I have I can handle the ML easily, and I've been really close to lowering day count by 1 which is why I'm trying to leave the ML as high as I can early on. ;)

Another example, it does a hit to set the MCD to 0 and then hits to set it back to 10. When adventuring a step at a time (middle pyramid wheel, GMOB) it's doing this in between every adventure.

Code:
Request 1 of 2 (Manor2: Haunted Bathroom) in progress...

[857] Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: Having a Medicine Ball

Conditions satisfied after 1 adventures.
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 118.38
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Hovering Skull'.
BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 2 more times.
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
Set mood trigger: Always, ashq if(item_amount($item[hunter brain]) > 0 && my_fullness() 
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Disquiet Riot, cast 1 Disquiet Riot
Set mood trigger: When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 choiceadv'...
Condition added: Choices Left: 1
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.

Last edited:

snooty

In the hopes that no one else gets screwed out of an ungodly amount of adventures, for some reason BCA fails to recognize that Below Decks is open if you have to stop before getting the Talisman. Or something. I have no idea. It just wasted a day's advs in the poop deck waiting for Below Decks to open, when it was already open, I had already adv'd there, and obtained one gaudy key but not the second. By the time I returned my attention it was *far* too late, anything that might have appeared in the gCLI was long gone.

I've noticed a few times when I've ran out of adventures that the peak was open for me to whoop the boss. I don't have CLI logs of it, but it's happened on enough ascensions that I'm tempted to manually do the trapper quest.

Winterbay

The script is rather verbose for a reason, so most of the interesting things may be in your session logs. See if you can find anything around where it started going wrong?