bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

I get this with r158:

Expected ), found { (bumcheekascend.ash, line 3656)

Line reads as this:

if(contains_text(bugbearship, "Engineering") {

I changed it to:

if(contains_text(bugbearship, "Engineering")) {

And it runs again...I believe that's what was missing. ;)

Last edited:

dangerpin

Having a problem in the latest builds through 159, when it tries to maximize in any area it gives: BCC: We have not completed the stage [manorbedroom]. BCC: Maximizing '' Unrecognized keyword: shield-10 ml Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes. See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions. Looks like a typo, with a space needed between shield and -10, perhaps.

Winterbay

Good catch. I've been playing Myst runs ever since I introduced the allowML-option so I've not ran into that. Change line 1008 to
Code:
case $stat[Muscle] :         cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, mainstat "+maxMainstat+" max, "+maxme+" +melee "+((anHero()) ? "+shield" : "") + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : " -10 ml") + " +muscle experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max "); break;

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have been playing Myst and Moxie classes. For whatever reason I do the war as a frat and have all side quests to true. For the past several runs, on all characters, BCCAscend has started the war and then immediately tried to do the filthworm quest. When I stop the character is wearing neither uniform. Depending upon my mood I either resolve the issue by running Wossname or by disabling the Hippy side quests until at least one of the frat side quests has been completed. Running 0.50. Operator error? Thanks.

I am running r159 this morning and the newest nightly kolmafia nightly build and getting this

evel 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [mining].
BCC: Opening up the Icy peak and searching for Groar.
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.

Winterbay

What do you get if you type "get questL08Trapper" into the CLI? That infinite loop should in theory only occur if you have already handed in Groar's fur but the quest has not been marked as finished which is an extreme edge case I feel...

That said: Try r160 which should not loop more than 4 times before moving on at least...

kdog

Apparently I'm some kind of retard. Where is everyone finding revisions of things? The sourceforge page only shows the latest release candidate.

edit: Confirmed for retard status. I found it.

Last edited:
I use a modified version of a script someone else uploaded to update my local copy. Works great for me on my Linux box. :D

Code:
~$ cat update_bcca.sh 
#!/bin/bash

svn co https://bumcheekascend.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bumcheekascend bumcheekascend
cp -r ~/bumcheekascend/bumcheekascend.ash ~/.kolmafia/scripts

I've thought about putting it in cron, but I don't always have the machine booted up so I just run it manually before I look at kolmafia's builds and see if I want to download a new version of that too (I only grab the hourly builds that add features or fix problems that might affect me).

dangerpin

Good catch. I've been playing Myst runs ever since I introduced the allowML-option so I've not ran into that. Change line 1008 to
Code:
case $stat[Muscle] :         cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, mainstat "+maxMainstat+" max, "+maxme+" +melee "+((anHero()) ? "+shield" : "") + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : " -10 ml") + " +muscle experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max "); break;
Thank you kind sir!

lightwolf

Ummm... what?

Code:
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: You can interact, so do this the lazy way.
Searching for "Knob Goblin perfume"...
Search complete.
Purchasing Knob Goblin perfume (1 @ 100)...
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin perfume
Purchases complete.
Using 1 Knob Goblin perfume...
You acquire an effect: Knob Goblin Perfume (duration: 1 Adventure)
Finished using 1 Knob Goblin perfume.
BCC: Maximizing '+outfit knob goblin harem girl disguise'
Searching for "Juju Mojo Mask"...
Search complete.
[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Stopped purchasing Juju Mojo Mask @ 18,000,000.
Using cached search results for Juju Mojo Mask...
Stopped purchasing Juju Mojo Mask @ 18,000,000.
You need 1 more Juju Mojo Mask to continue.
Stopped purchasing Juju Mojo Mask @ 18,000,000.
Stopped purchasing Juju Mojo Mask @ 18,000,000.[/B][/COLOR]
You need 1 more Juju Mojo Mask to continue.
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_meatboss on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'Knob Goblin Organ Grinder' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'Frumious Bandersnatch' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'Smiling Rat' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'Blood-Faced Volleyball' where x=4
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax

In this case, it was running on a casual ascension low skill account. With the settings set to run casual as Hardcore = true.

Winterbay

Let me come out and say this right now: The Zombie-path will either not get scripted or it will take quite some time to do it. Way too much has changed (unlike Boris where not that much actually changed in the game) for it to be a quick fix.

Theraze

I'll probably update the Rinn scripts as I go through, and as/if BatBrain and WHAM support combat better. Oh, and if UR figures out restoration... since it's somewhat different/limited.

But for fully-automated scripting including Brain allocation and the like... yeah, not something that's likely to be easy to script. Not that Brain allocation is hard... Veracity gave us the necessary urls, and I should drop a new version of get_skill.ash in a day or two, after we actually have preferences to track zombie points. But automating something that involves wandering mobs and beating them actually being required to get new skills? Ha. Or rather, Graagh.