bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

Revision 131 adds some more bugbear features (untested, but it compiles) and requires r11013 to work (that adds the preferences for the bugbear-hunting).

Winterbay

Also, disabled it again since the prferences wasn't working yesterday but also because I realized it'd spend all your turns without aborting :)

So, it's now working as it should. Needed to re-write parts of the goal-handling in bumAdv to get it to work properly (it now supports usage of "+" as an indicator that we want to add teh goal no matter if we have the item or not).

Last edited:

Winterbay

revision 133 is almost completely bugbear compatible, even though the mother ship may contain horrendous bugs (and not only of the bear subcategory)...

NCSorcerer

Problem with the shore:

"Unable to check shore progress (99% of the time, this is because you lack meat). I recommend you make the Dinghy manually."

I have plenty of meat onhand (as well as turns), but I kept getting this message. Made the dinghy manually, only to continue receiving this message.

eggman

I encountered a problem while adventuring in the Battlefield. It seems to happen when I run out of mp (and meat to restore it):

8 frat boys defeated; 344 down, 656 left.
> Restoring MP! Currently at 101 of 170 HP, 21 of 262 MP, current meat: 10 ... Target MP = 158.
> Insufficient meat to fully restore MP without wasting restoratives!
> Did not fully restore MP for some reason.
> Restoring MP! Currently at 101 of 170 HP, 21 of 262 MP, current meat: 10 ... Target MP = 158.
> Insufficient meat to fully restore MP without wasting restoratives!
> Did not fully restore MP for some reason.

[1882] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)
Encounter: War Frat 500th Infantrygentleman
Round 0: eggman247 wins initiative!
> BCC: Monster HP is 185
> BCC: These are the figures for Cannelloni Cannon: Bonus: 23.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 148.0
> BCC: I expect 64 damage from Cannelloni Cannon
> BCC: These are the figures for Ravioli Shurikens: Bonus: 23.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 148.0
> BCC: I expect 42 damage from Ravioli Shurikens
> BCC: These are the figures for Spaghetti Spear: Bonus: 23.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 148.0
> BCC: I expect 8 damage from Spaghetti Spear
> BCC: These are the figures for Weapon of the Pastalord: Bonus: 23.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 148.0
> BCC: I expect 142 damage from Weapon of the Pastalord
Round 1: eggman247 casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
> BCC: These are the figures for Cannelloni Cannon: Bonus: 23.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 148.0
> BCC: These are the figures for Ravioli Shurikens: Bonus: 23.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 148.0
> BCC: These are the figures for Spaghetti Spear: Bonus: 23.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 148.0
> BCC: These are the figures for Weapon of the Pastalord: Bonus: 23.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 148.0
> BCC: We are going to two-shot with Weapon of the Pastalord

(ten million times)

Macro override "consultMyst" returned void.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Problem with the shore:

"Unable to check shore progress (99% of the time, this is because you lack meat). I recommend you make the Dinghy manually."

I have plenty of meat onhand (as well as turns), but I kept getting this message. Made the dinghy manually, only to continue receiving this message.

Make sure you have autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters and autoSatisfyWithNPCs set to true. If you have the dinghy made manually it shouldn't give that message again. Could you post some CLI-output around it together with an "inv dinghy"?

NCSorcerer

Make sure you have autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters and autoSatisfyWithNPCs set to true. If you have the dinghy made manually it shouldn't give that message again. Could you post some CLI-output around it together with an "inv dinghy"?

I restarted mafia and that seemed to do the trick.

stannius

Problem with the shore:

This also happens if you have one shore trip. The script needs this
Code:
				if (numTripsTaken == "one") numTripsTaken = "1";
after this existing line
Code:
				if (numTripsTaken == "no") numTripsTaken = "0";

I know this must be low importance, but it's pretty easy to get this by adventuring. In fact it took me only 2 adventures to get it.

Code:
BCC: We see Gate of the Dead
BCC: We do not have the item for that gate. (We need a marzipan skull for that.)
We need a 'marzipan skull', but the script cannot get this item (if you are in softcore, you can't pull it either).

[1011] South of the Border
Encounter: Forget Not That I am an Ass
You acquire an item: pack of chewing gum
Casting Laugh It Off 6 times...
You gain 9 hit points
Laugh It Off was successfully cast.

[1012] South of the Border
Encounter: mariachi calavera
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
Round 1: chef_rannos casts MIGHTY AXING!
Round 2: mariachi calavera takes 576 damage.
Round 2: chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain 8 Muscularity Points
You acquire an item: bottle of tequila
You acquire an item: marzipan skull
You gain 5 Muscleboundness
You gain 1 Wizardliness
You gain 2 Sarcasm

Theraze

I believe that 'bug' is just the standard "mafia doesn't track non-combat locations for item drops, so we can't programmatically decide where you want to go to get it without a hardcoded list" issue. :)

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but I aborted a couple times right before this to eat/drink so I'm not sure if I caused it or if there is a programing issue:

I'm in a bugbear invasion run and after the hidden temple was unlocked, it was back farming in the Spooky Forest for hypodermic bugbears but the choice adventure was still set to get the Spooky-Gro fertilizer, so I ended up with a bunch of those. I'm thinking maybe the script needs to change it to skip that adventure if the temple is already open when farming for bugbears.

Make sense?

Rowah

The Bloovian Groose is a souped-up version of the leprechaun, so why then, does the script insist on using the leprechaun when it can just go for gold (the groose)?

Winterbay

I know this must be low importance, but it's pretty easy to get this by adventuring. In fact it took me only 2 adventures to get it.

Code:
 BCC: We see Gate of the Dead
 BCC: We do not have the item for that gate. (We need a marzipan skull for that.)
 We need a 'marzipan skull', but the script cannot get this item (if you are in softcore, you can't pull it either).

[1011] South of the Border
 Encounter: Forget Not That I am an Ass
 You acquire an item: pack of chewing gum
 Casting Laugh It Off 6 times...
 You gain 9 hit points
 Laugh It Off was successfully cast.

[1012] South of the Border
 Encounter: mariachi calavera
 Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
 Round 1: chef_rannos casts MIGHTY AXING!
 Round 2: mariachi calavera takes 576 damage.
 Round 2: chef_rannos wins the fight!
 You gain 8 Muscularity Points
 You acquire an item: bottle of tequila
 You acquire an item: marzipan skull
 You gain 5 Muscleboundness
 You gain 1 Wizardliness
 You gain 2 Sarcasm

I think I did not add that one when I added the other ones because it took me so bloody long when I tried at that time :)
Will be added soon.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but I aborted a couple times right before this to eat/drink so I'm not sure if I caused it or if there is a programing issue:

I'm in a bugbear invasion run and after the hidden temple was unlocked, it was back farming in the Spooky Forest for hypodermic bugbears but the choice adventure was still set to get the Spooky-Gro fertilizer, so I ended up with a bunch of those. I'm thinking maybe the script needs to change it to skip that adventure if the temple is already open when farming for bugbears.

Make sense?

Yep, there are still some small minor tweaks left for the bugbear hunting.

The Bloovian Groose is a souped-up version of the leprechaun, so why then, does the script insist on using the leprechaun when it can just go for gold (the groose)?

Because it has not been added to the datafile yet. It should probably be added.

Guimoiun

Why is the script picking the hilarious comedy prop over Bjorn's Hammer? I tried to figure out what's going on, but my only relevant output is:

BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score -44.511387
Putting on Crown of the Goblin King...
Equipment changed.
Wielding hilarious comedy prop...
Equipment changed.
Putting on double-ice britches...
Equipment changed.

slyz

Developer
Why would you want to micromanage the script like this? It's an honest question, not a criticism. Plenty of people ask this kind of question in the thread, but since using the hilarious prop over bjorn's hammer doesn't really change anything, why bother?