bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

The only thing the myst-option does is let you use your own CCS instead of the built in myst-thingie. Moxie and Muscle all use your CCS already for the places where the script isn't doing things on its own (like flyering and insulting).

The last time I tried a myst run, the useCCSinsteadofBCClogic failed every time with the message, "you don't have enough null" or something (would have to dig around in the log). I would very much like a plain ccs option as I am at a point where even on moxie runs, I'd like to run some additional ML but cannot with attack with weapon. To be able to run this with DAM or WHAM as the ccs would be pretty freakin' sweet.

StDoodle

Minion
Weatherboy, the script will still make sure you're at safe moxie before adventuring, so a more adventurous combat script will be mostly superfluous. I agree it would be nice to be able to specify "I can handle X out-of-safe moxie just fine," but can easily see how that would be non-trivial to support.

StDoodle

Minion
1) Version 0.40 (to be released very soon) ... starfishing?

2) Agreed, could you make a feature request?

3) Do you mean, for the few specified areas where it takes over? They are fairly few and far between.

Ok, I gotta take this a little out-of-order, apologies.

First off, I didn't realize that the script mostly used my CCS; this appears to be a fail on my part to RTFM. :( For reference, do you have a handy list of all the places where the script doesn't do so?

Ancillary to the above, can such places be overriden in any way, or alternately handled? If the Lv. 11 Hidden City sub-boss is still such a place, it'd be nice to be able to specify "cast 1 spirit of [something]" then fight using cannon (this has never failed for me).

The CCS use means we can completely nix request #1; I can figure out a way to script it. Once I come up with & test something that works well, I'll post it here so it is available as an "advanced option" for those who'd like it. This will likely involve a fairly simple consult script that simply submits the relevant macro above (though made more robust) if applicable, otherwise it submits a macro version of the recommended CCS. Or similar.

One additional request would be warranted though; it'd be nice to have an option to specify a CCS for the script to use (such that if I forget to change things back after an extended aftercore, the script will do so). Either a required name for the script to check on OR a string setting that is ignored if blank would work fine, IMO.

I'll try to come up with a good way of handling request #2 and post it on sourceforge in the next couple of days; thanks for considering it.

Winterbay

The last time I tried a myst run, the useCCSinsteadofBCClogic failed every time with the message, "you don't have enough null" or something (would have to dig around in the log). I would very much like a plain ccs option as I am at a point where even on moxie runs, I'd like to run some additional ML but cannot with attack with weapon. To be able to run this with DAM or WHAM as the ccs would be pretty freakin' sweet.

Setting bcasc_doMystAsCCS to true has enabled me to use my own consult script (WHAM) for the last 4 myst ascensions at least.

Valliant

Having a small problem with .40; it's unequipping my weapon prior to combat in the Belowdecks. I've got a furry halo in my inventory, and while it does put my +items higher than otherwise would be possible (using a hound dog), it also makes me entirely unable to kill anything. (No relevant combat skills, something I'll definitely fix after this ascension.) I upgraded from .39 to .40 midway through my day today, so I'm sure it's something in the rejiggered maximization.

bumcheekcity

Hmmm... I would have expected -melee to have equipped a weapon. Presumably this is not the case. Can someone confirm that mafia will go un-equipped if there's a halo in the inventory even if the +- melee are set?

StDoodle

Minion
That makes sense, as you won't get the halo bonus with a weapon equipped at all, so maximizing for items would mean no weapon if halo bonus > weapon bonuses for +item. I'd probably suggest noting that characters who can't handle fighting unarmed not summon non-time halos from clip art.

minor suggestion if i might: when maximizing items for things like evil eye, orchard, etc... besides picking the best familiar and gear, what about using pet-buffing spray (if accessible), knob goblin eyedrops (also, if accessible), resolutions (kinder and happier)... or any others that are low cost, but possibly high value to players with sort of lowish +item intrinsics (or anyone really)

Valliant

Another oddity that I've found: when adventuring in the Junkyard, it unequips my familiar, despite it having zero aggressive capabilities. If it's done to make sure that there isn't an aggressive familiar in place, wouldn't it be slightly more useful to equip a barrrnacle type rather than go entirely without?

Also noticed: in various places (most recently noticed at the Boss Bat's Lair) the script will pull out a Smiling Rat, even if there's a volley + something of greater weight. Is there something I can tweak for greater familiar efficiency?

Last edited:

Crowther

Weatherboy, the script will still make sure you're at safe moxie before adventuring, so a more adventurous combat script will be mostly superfluous. I agree it would be nice to be able to specify "I can handle X out-of-safe moxie just fine," but can easily see how that would be non-trivial to support.
I'm doing exactly that. I've largely disabled the whole safe moxie thing (X=99) and rely on the DAM script to take care of everything. It works pretty well, except for a few places, which I really should talk about in the correct thread. I had to change levelMe, the MCD setting code, and a couple other place, but it wasn't too bad.

matiash

With the last build of kolmafia (10418) I'm getting errors running bumcheekascend (0.40) apparently related to inexactly-spelled items (such as "antiantiantidote" instead of "anti-anti-antidote", "your fathers macguffin diary", &c). I'm not sure if this is a bug in kolmafia that will be fixed soon, or if it has recently become stricter for item names.

Best regards.

blech

When doing a 100% non-lep run, the script still purchases pet-buffing spray when doing the hills, even though it has no particular benefit.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
With the last build of kolmafia (10418) I'm getting errors running bumcheekascend (0.40) apparently related to inexactly-spelled items (such as "antiantiantidote" instead of "anti-anti-antidote", "your fathers macguffin diary", &c). I'm not sure if this is a bug in kolmafia that will be fixed soon, or if it has recently become stricter for item names.

Best regards.

Occasionally mafia suddenly becomes more strict about item names. Restarting mafia always makes mafia revert to the previous fuzzy matching.

groli

Using CounterChecker with bumcheekascend, I find that kolmafia doesn't get SRs or even stop to allow me to make the choice manually.
Is there something I could do with bumcheekascend to fix this, please?

Winterbay

No, but assuming that you are in hardcore you need to set the correct setting in CounterChecker to actually get the SRs for you, namely BaleCC_SrInHC. If you set that to true C will get teh SRs for you. Otherwise BCCascend will jsut continue on as if nothing happened.

Pyren

edit: Nevermind, updating to the newest build of mafia fixed whatever it was. Rebooting mafia wasn't enough.

Which sounds super ungreatful. Thank you for an awesome script!

Last edited:

blech

When doing the tower familiars, the script doesn't use kindly resolutions. If you do the tower familiars manually, it doesn't change your familiar back before fighting the NS. Even if you have it set to be a 100% run.

Winterbay

The script uses the Mafia function guardians(), so if there is a way to buff up your familiar weight that isn't used then that would be a "new content" or "feature" request for Mafia, not this script.

meowtiger

Just wondering if this is something thats been requested before, but a quick search thru the thread doesn't appear so ...

While adventuring in the Haunted Bedroom, would it be better to prioritize free runaway familiars such as Stomping Boots over other familiars,
during my current trendy run it was using my default famliar of Emilio, now i dont know if its chosen that due to it being selected as a default, but i'm sure a priority of free run away familiar would be more beneficial for turn count.