bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Faxing Bug

I'm through the entryway, but the script tries to fax a lobsterfrogman. I posted a bug on sourceforge about it.

Code:
BCC: We got through the whole entryway. That's fairly unlikely at this point....
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair1] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_lair1 => 71
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair1].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair2].
BCC: We are doing the Mariachi part.
Maximizing (1st time may take a while)...
645 combinations checked, best score 270.0
Putting on mesh cap...
Equipment changed.
Wielding rave whistle...
Equipment changed.
Holding disturbing fanfic...
Equipment changed.
Putting on 1337 7r0uZ0RZ...
Equipment changed.
Putting on headhunter necktie...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Nickel Gamma of Frugality...
Equipment changed.
Zapping Boris's key...
You acquire an item: Sneaky Pete's key
Boris's key has been transformed.
Checking prerequisites...
Inserting Sneaky Pete's key...
You acquire an item: fish hose
Verifying ingredients for makeshift SCUBA gear (1)...
Creating 2 meat paste...
You acquire meat paste (2)
You lose 20 Meat
Successfully created meat paste (2)
Verifying ingredients for hosed tank (1)...
Creating hosed tank (1)...
You acquire an item: hosed tank
Successfully created hosed tank (1)
Creating makeshift SCUBA gear (1)...
You acquire an item: makeshift SCUBA gear
Successfully created makeshift SCUBA gear (1)
Putting on makeshift SCUBA gear...
Equipment changed.
Pressing switch beyond odor...
Arming stone mariachis...
Sorceress entryway complete.
Putting on bejeweled pledge pin...
Equipment changed.
Checking prerequisites...
You're already past this script.
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair2] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_lair2 => 71
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair2].
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
90 combinations checked, best score 146.75
Putting on worn tophat...
Equipment changed.
Wielding didgeridooka...
Equipment changed.
Putting on leather chaps...
Equipment changed.
Putting on tap shoes...
Equipment changed.
Putting on pirate fledges...
Equipment changed.
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
BCC: We are going to fax a Lobsterfrogman
BCC: Checking existing fax first. Don't panic if this is the wrong monster - we won't use the wrong monster.
Receiving a fax.
You acquire an item: photocopied monster
You receive a photocopied Slime Tube monster from the fax machine.
Sending a fax.
You load your photocopied Slime Tube monster in the fax machine.
BCC:Making faxbot request for lobsterfrogman. (Waiting for 60 seconds.)
Countdown: 1 minute...
KoLmafia declares world peace

goom

I'm not sure if the script changes the mood during temple-leveling
if it doesn't, wouldn't it be more efficient to change the mood to apathetic?

Crowther

I'm not sure if the script changes the mood during temple-leveling
if it doesn't, wouldn't it be more efficient to change the mood to apathetic?
There's a number of places in the script where bumMiniAdv (and adventure) is used instead of bumAdv, and moods and familiars are not set properly before call (beyond the temple, I remember daily dungeon and guild challenge). This problem has been declared "too marginal". I've fixed them in my personal version. I'd like to get all my marginal fixes into the real code, so if real life ever lets up, I'll submit some patches.

Just to clarify (because there seems to be some discrepancy), are you able to use 0.34 for softcore ascensions or just 0.26? 0.34 doesn't seem to like that I'm in softcore while 0.26 seems to run just fine... Just curious.

Code:
Request 1 of 111 (Orchard: Hatching Chamber) in progress...

[9835] Hatching Chamber
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

You need 1 more filthworm hatchling scent gland to continue.
As far as i can tell, this was already completed so there is no filthworm to be found. Is there a way to tell the script this?

Theraze

Sort of... could go checking to see if the adventure completed successfully, and then seeing if the character still has turns left or is beaten up. If it completed successfully, you got the gland. If you're beaten up, you lost the fight... heal up and try again. If you have adventures left but it wasn't successful, you weren't able to adventure there for some reason... don't keep trying.

On further examining it, looks like it wasn't equipping the hippy disguise before trying to adventure there. Doing so manually allowed access to the hatching chamber.

Winterbay

Now that you mention it it tried to adventure in the orchard as the first thing it did during my recent run. Without the outfit and when I had it set to do the war as frat (so it wasn't available anyway since it tried to do it first).

Ferdawoon

Now that you mention it it tried to adventure in the orchard as the first thing it did during my recent run. Without the outfit and when I had it set to do the war as frat (so it wasn't available anyway since it tried to do it first).
Is this part of the same bug where the script do a new maximizing function after equipping the right outfit? Or is this something new?

ki77bot

not a bug really...

I had to drop WotF because the script used the can of black paint for Spookyraven...and it didn't check if I would be able to buy another one for Gnasir.
So I was stuck... :(

Ferdawoon

not a bug really...

I had to drop WotF because the script used the can of black paint for Spookyraven...and it didn't check if I would be able to buy another one for Gnasir.
Sorry to bring you the news but.. No you were not stuck.
The can is unusable in WotSF in base KoL afaik, but Mafia still think you can use it, or at least it still reduce your inventory count by one. Just refresh the inventory by going to Item Manager and click Refresh in the lower right corner, or go to the intentory page in the webbrowser and it should fix itself.
I get this bug every time I run past that part. Maybe I should make a report about that, but when I do there is always a post about the same thing that I missed when searching, or it is not a Mafia fault =(

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I had to drop WotF because the script used the can of black paint for Spookyraven...
How odd. When you try to "use" a can of black paint in WoSF, KoL itself stops you with the message "Your teachings forbid the use of black paint." and leaves it in your inventory. Perhaps KoLmafia didn't notice the usage failure, but a simple "refresh inventory" - or even logging out and logging in - would have fixed that.

There was no reason to drop the path.

Mafia still think you can use it, or at least it still reduce your inventory count by one.
Maybe I should make a report about that, but when I do there is always a post about the same thing that I missed when searching, or it is not a Mafia fault =(
This is a real KoLmafia bug. I can't say whether there's already a bug report for it. Why don't you go make one? :)

bumcheekcity

not a bug really...

Even if it did, you'd be able to buy one by beating a few rats in the tavern.