bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

Thanks for the great script and the continuing updates. If it's not already implemented so, I'd like to request that food/drink making be made a configurable option (enable/disable).

This will of course be the case. Also, it'll be opt-in, not out. Also, it's only going to make reagent pasta, SCCs (if possible) then ACCs. Nothing more intelligent than that, just so that people can run the script, it run out of adventures, and they can eat/drink without having to inigos or drink a couple of filler booze or something.

jwylot

I arrived at the tower with 15 adv left and some 4 spare pulls. I was missing pygmy pigment and a !potion which I pulled.

Just looking through the log to see where I intervened. So......

Turn 1 clovered for a big rock and made R&R legend.
Turn 2 buffed hebo weight and red-rayed for L2. I used suckerpunch to set the juju mask.
L4 - I clovered for 2 sonars. Ran loads of +items in bean bat chamber for the bean and 3rd sonar.
L5 - I pulled harem outfit to save a few adv. I don't agree with getting the harem outfit as well as the KGE outfit by the way. One or other is fine :)
L9 - If I have time, I'll probably putty the ascii art and do the chasm by hand for the extra scrolls.
L10 - I jumped in and used GRAMP runaways while waiting for the castle wheel
Digital key - I'm guessing you expect us to eat digital pies? I adventured manually in 8-bit realm. It doesn't take long and means I can eat better on day 3.
L11 - I did the LFM manually using putty.
L12 - I had to take over for the nuns as the script refused to wear the frat war outfit. (I have reported this on Sourceforge)
Levelling to 10 and 12, I pulled clovers which were used nicely by the script.

Is this the sort of information you were looking for? I could suggest some optimisations but I know the script should work for low skill characters so these probably would be tough to implement. (Running more ML and using noodlebutt). I have the sandworm set to default familiar but I now see that the script uses spleeners as necessary so I may try a run with the BBB as default.

For me the truly amazing thing is that I got to keep my facsimile dictionary!

I just started a HCNP PM run, and I manually made a Staff of the November Jack O Lantern and cast Spirit of Garlic.

Code:
Request 1 of 44 (Manor1: Haunted Pantry) in progress...

[32]     Haunted Pantry
Encounter: fiendish can of asparagus
Strategy:     C:\Users\bhanes\kolmafia\ccs\ChefAscend.ccs [default]
Round 0:     chef_rannos wins initiative!
BCC: Monster HP is 11
BCC:     We are under the effect of Spirit of Garlic
BCC:     Strong Element to our pasta tuning.
BCC:     These are the figures for Ravioli Shurikens: Bonus: 10.0 and     1.9%//0.0/0.0/10.0/0.0/0.0/El: 10.0/Myst: 28.0
BCC: I     expect 0 damage from Ravioli Shurikens
BCC:     These are the figures for Spaghetti Spear: Bonus: 10.0 and     1.9%//0.0/0.0/10.0/0.0/0.0/El: 10.0/Myst: 28.0
BCC: I     expect 0 damage from Spaghetti Spear
Round 1: chef_rannos casts     ENTANGLING NOODLES!
BCC: Monster HP is 11
BCC:     These are the figures for Ravioli Shurikens: Bonus: 10.0 and     1.9%//0.0/0.0/10.0/0.0/0.0/El: 10.0/Myst: 28.0
BCC: I     expect 0 damage from Ravioli Shurikens
BCC:     These are the figures for Spaghetti Spear: Bonus: 10.0 and     1.9%//0.0/0.0/10.0/0.0/0.0/El: 10.0/Myst: 28.0
BCC: I     expect 0 damage from Spaghetti Spear
Please     fight the remainder of the fight yourself. You will be seeing this because     you do not have a spell powerful enough to even four-shot the monster.
You're     on your own, partner.
Click     here to continue in the relay browser.

Round 2: chef_rannos     casts SPAGHETTI SPEAR!
Round 3: chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain     7 Meat
You acquire an item: stalk of asparagus
You gain 1 Strongness
You     gain 5 Enchantedness
You gain 1 Cheek
Casting Advanced Saucecrafting     1 times...
You acquire an item: scrumptious reagent
Advanced     Saucecrafting was successfully cast.
Casting The Magical Mojomuscular     Melody 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Magical Mojomuscular     Melody (duration: 10 Adventures)
The Magical Mojomuscular Melody was     successfully cast.

As you can see, one spaghetti dart killed the monster...so the dart didn't do 0 damage like the script calculated. Spaghetti spear doesn't tune...and AFAIK it never does 0 damage.

EDIT: I also noticed later that the script isn't jiggling my Staff of the November Jack O Lantern. It's not a huge deal, but it's a free one turn stun and free damage, so it's possible you can kill stuff early on using that and a spaghetti spear and not have to use any MP at all per combat. I like making the staff day 1 since it makes mystic runs a lot easier to get going on the damage and run crazy amounts of ML...which I also noticed that the script didn't set the annoy o tron to 10 even though I ate my astral hot dogs and started out at level 4.

Last edited:
Ran into another issue, it didn't notice I had the password here and I had to break out:

Code:
[174] Cobb's Knob Barracks
Encounter: It's Time to Play... Password!

BCC: Adventuring once to learn it's FARQUAR. Surely you'd remember this when you reincarnate.

Visit to Knob: Cobb's Knob Barracks in progress...

[175] Cobb's Knob Barracks
Encounter: Sleeping Near the Enemy
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

BCC: Adventuring once to learn it's FARQUAR. Surely you'd remember this when you reincarnate.

Casting Springy Fusilli 4 times...
You acquire an effect: Springy Fusilli (duration: 40 Adventures)
Springy Fusilli was successfully cast.
Casting Spirit of Garlic 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Spirit of Garlic (duration: 40 Adventures)
Spirit of Garlic was successfully cast.

[176] Cobb's Knob Barracks
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

Purchasing hair spray (5 @ 24)...
You acquire hair spray (5)
You spent 120 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 5 hair spray...
You acquire an effect: Butt-Rock Hair (duration: 15 Adventures)
Finished using 5 hair spray.
Purchasing glittery mascara (5 @ 24)...
You acquire glittery mascara (5)
You spent 120 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 5 glittery mascara...
You acquire an effect: Glittering Eyelashes (duration: 15 Adventures)
Finished using 5 glittery mascara.
Casting Springy Fusilli 3 times...
You acquire an effect: Springy Fusilli (duration: 30 Adventures)
Casting The Moxious Madrigal 2 times...
You acquire an effect: The Moxious Madrigal (duration: 20 Adventures)
The Moxious Madrigal was successfully cast.
Casting The Magical Mojomuscular Melody 2 times...
You acquire an effect: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody (duration: 20 Adventures)
The Magical Mojomuscular Melody was successfully cast.

[177] Cobb's Knob Barracks
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

Casting The Moxious Madrigal 4 times...
You acquire an effect: The Moxious Madrigal (duration: 40 Adventures)
Casting The Magical Mojomuscular Melody 4 times...
You acquire an effect: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody (duration: 40 Adventures)

[178] Cobb's Knob Barracks
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

You acquire an effect: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody (duration: 20 Adventures)

[179] Cobb's Knob Barracks
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

[180] Cobb's Knob Barracks
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

You acquire an effect: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody (duration: 40 Adventures)
Casting Springy Fusilli 2 times...
You acquire an effect: Springy Fusilli (duration: 20 Adventures)

[181] Cobb's Knob Barracks
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

Casting Springy Fusilli 4 times...
You acquire an effect: Springy Fusilli (duration: 40 Adventures)

[182] Cobb's Knob Barracks
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

Casting Springy Fusilli 2 times...
You acquire an effect: Springy Fusilli (duration: 20 Adventures)

[183] Cobb's Knob Barracks
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 50 Mana Points

KoLmafia declares world peace.

EDIT: The script hadn't beaten the Knob King yet for the key, maybe that was the problem? I manually fought the knob king and hit up the dispensary and after that the script stopped looping at the barracks when I fired it up again.

Last edited:
Oh, and I had a question...why does the script lower the ML on me when I'm doing a pastamancer run?

I've got noodles, spirit of rigatoni, the staff of the november jack o lantern, and ravioli shurikens and the script is showing I'm easily killing monsters before noodles run out (I also have springy and Overdeveloped Sense of Self Preservation, so I'm getting the jump easily too) so why wouldn't it run at 10 the whole way, aside from Knob King for glass balls and Bonerdagon so I can make the Staff of the Soupbone?

Also...why is it using hair spray and mascara when I'm so buff? Can you make that a relay option, to disable hair spray, glittery mascara, etc? If I'm blowing things away in one or two hits that's just wasting meat if I don't need them. :)

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Calculating which ML to run is based on your safe moxie, I think. Taking everything into account would be too complicated.

And don't worry about the script wasting meat - as long as it still automates the ascension :)

Winterbay

I think ML detection for Myst runs is slightly broken and since BCC doesn't really like myst runs (it was the last thing added to the script and since you can now do 1 myst run to get all your skills should you want to it will probably not be tweaked very much).

The first error is also due to myst runs. The script tries to kill the king during level 5 and then again at level 6. In moxie or muscle runs this ensures that you kill him there and then you go check for the password when you have the key. But it's not as sure in a myst run apparently. Adding a
Code:
	if (i_a($item[Cobb's Knob lab key]) == 0)
		return false;
at the start of the bcascKnobPassword()-function should work.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Myst runs are now essentially not properly supported. If you want to perm Myst skills, do a load of moxie runs and perm a few skills at once. It'll still get 90% of the way there.

And winterbay, i_a() accepts a string :p

My plan was to just softcore perm the skills I want from Pastamancer and Sauceror and then hardcore perm them on AT runs. That way I can grab 2 skills (at least) per run. The convenience of automation though greatly outweighs any inefficiencies IMHO since if I wasn't running the script, with my work and RL schedule I wouldn't have time to ascend. Still 100% satisfied. :)

igue

Is there a way to prevent the use of specific items, like lets say, the "Chest of the Bonerdagon"?

Apparently, quest items can't be closeted (wow, I just found that out now!)

Thanks for the effort you put in this script! And thanks in advance for answering my question.

igue

It's needed for something that I wanted to make, but being in ronin prevents me from making it. Thus saving it til ronin ends.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Oh, the NZPR? No, i'm not going to include that. If you cancel the script at the Cyrpt and run it manually for one ascension, it won't use it I don't think.

igue

Ooohh. Okay, thanks a lot for your time! Ive been using this script for a while now and all I can say is.. WOW. I guess I'll just have to run it manually for the time
being until ronin runs out. Damned chest!

Thanks again!

Ethelred

BCCascend has always used its own battleaction for Mystclasses and when you are able to interact with the world. This may be more or less what you want, but it's doing that :)
I've changed all calls to the internal myst-function to call my CCS instead, and I guess something similar would be doable for a softcore run.

Since myst classes aren't supported anymore, any chance you can make your changes available? I've got a multi that is just fiddling in aftercore that I'd like to use to try out this script, but he needs to do a bunch of pastamancer runs to get some pastamancer skills. I like to see the incremental improvements from new skills, so I don't really want to do a bunch of runs where I just bank karma for big skill perming fest in the nebulos future. This is for HC, btw.

jwylot

I think a script like this is perfect for those times when you simply don't have time to ascend manually and don't want your character kicking around in afterbore. In such circumstances I have no problem letting ascend do a bunch of DB runs, bank the karma then ascend and perm skills in the class I want.

Yeah, in a perfect world, it shouldn't make any difference what class we are but hey anything is better than kicking out heels in afterbore - right?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
afterbore

*snicker*

Clearly someone prefers the hamster wheel of ascending, doing the same quests over and over in a self induced Groundhog Day nightmare to the ever upward quest for stats and items and the basic bassa**ery of being level 70+.

:)

Great script!

A couple of minor comments:

1) If you have Little Canadia open, the ML will only go up to +10, instead of the +11 that the mind-control device is capable of.

2) Something appears to be wrong with the inaboxen tasks. It just keeps getting clovers from the hermit and then crashes. Also, would it be possible to have this task be performed earlier than level 7, perhaps through some sort of toggleable option in the configuration?

3) The script can't detect that the friarsteel task is done when you have the Liver of Steel skill (although it does not actually attempt to acquire the items). It should just be able to tick that thing off the list if the skill is present.

4) The script doesn't actually seem to be stopping when it it time to get a semi-rare. Also on this note, would it be possible to be able to set as an option two semirare adventures that the script would just alternate between (for example, lunchboxes and distilled wine)?

5) It seems like the script should be able to collect the level 6 guardian item because there is only one possible place that the item should be and it only takes one trip to get it.

Keep up the good work!