bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

It should account for bees I think since it uses mafia's internal monster_attack which does, however my character on which I checked that number is also in BHY and so that number should really be the one you get as well... Without any +ML that is.

If you have saucecrafting permed I would advise creating some serums of sarcasm or tomato juice of powerful power to boost your mox up a bit, that might help for the time being. You could use the relay script to up the allowed amount of B's in your outfits as well and see if that helps with the buffings.

Just for testing things what does the following code give you in terms of output?

Code:
ash int safeMox(location loc) { if (loc == $location[primordial soup] || !in_hardcore()) return 0; int ret = 0; foreach mob, freq in appearance_rates(loc) { if (freq >= 0 && mob != $monster[Guy Made of Bees]) { ret = max(ret, monster_attack(mob)); print("Monster " + mob + " has an attack of " + monster_attack(mob)); } } return ret + 4; } safeMox($location[palindome])

I get
Code:
Monster Bob Racecar has an attack of 193
Monster Dr. Awkward has an attack of 170
Monster Drab Bard has an attack of 190
Monster Evil Olive has an attack of 145
Monster Flock of Stab-Bats has an attack of 217
Monster none has an attack of 0
Monster Racecar Bob has an attack of 201
Monster Taco Cat has an attack of 139
Monster Tan Gnat has an attack of 136
Returned: 221

NardoLoopa

Okay, I think it's just the 'B' that's throwing things out of wack:

BCC: levelMe(257, false) called.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 257 buffed Primestat. This means getting 31 Primestat.

> safeMoxie middle chamber

Monster Iiti Kitty has an attack of 165
Monster none has an attack of 0
Monster Tomb Bat has an attack of 245
Monster Tomb Servant has an attack of 192
Returned: 249

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

I reckon it's probably counting bees and adjusting monster attack or something. That would make sense, certainly - particularly as nothing's changed in that code since about v0.6

natnit

I reckon it's probably counting bees and adjusting monster attack or something. That would make sense, certainly - particularly as nothing's changed in that code since about v0.6

I can verify that's what it's doing. I'm doing my first BHY run right now, and just looked through the code ~45 min ago because I ran into the same problem. I plan on running through the game with an astral mask next time, to see how well that mitigates the "problem" next run. (In quotes, because all scripts are working too effectively.) :)

Again, thanks for the script bumcheekcity, and thanks to everyone who made BHY automation possible!

A quick suggestion for BHY, though: your outfit # of b's should be set to 0 for lord spookyraven and Ed. Otherwise you are very likely to die. :)

Cheers!

Winterbay

You can change that quite easy via the relay_-script but I guess you might forget to either do that or to set it back :)

That said, I wonder why I've never had this problem with my BHY runs. It could be because I've only run mystclasses which are not as dependent on mainstat as the others when it comes to deciding if levelling is in order or not.

The W I can see, and possibly the D as well but the N is specifically set as a goal unless you are in a BHY run. Did you do the baron quest yourself?

The script faxed an ASCII Art and then an adding machine the next day, so I never actually adventured in the Chasm before...so that's probably a bug that the script didn't grab it.

bumcheekcity

I can verify that's what it's doing. I'm doing my first BHY run right now, and just looked through the code ~45 min ago because I ran into the same problem. I plan on running through the game with an astral mask next time, to see how well that mitigates the "problem" next run. (In quotes, because all scripts are working too effectively.) :)

Heh, it's a feature :p Safe moxie is safe moxie and if you're in BHY, it's higher. Glad to hear it's working, and you do have Winterbay to thank a lot for BHY :D

Is there any use for the KGE outfit in a BHY run, assuming I don't want to wear any of the outfit because of the damage?

If not, then if we're in BHY the script shouldn't go for a KGE, right?

First of all, thanks to Bumcheekcity for a wonderfully-written script. That said, I think I iz ztoopid, because I can't figure out a few things about the script. I've been running it with minimal user interaction to ascend MOX HC NP and bank some Karma. It seems to have a few issues:

1) If you trigger manually the Friars' quest, it will ignore it for the duration of the ascension (and therefore Steel Organ). This happened to me by mistake, and I had to go back and complete it by hand. The script thought it had been completed, and triggered an unknown error at the NS stage, after completing the war.

2) It fails at the nuns. It tries to do Themthar Hills without the Frat Outfit on (running pretty much the default settings) and enters a loop of "Nothing to do here".

3) This is for sure a failure to understand on my part: I've got Leash and Smooth HCP'ed. I tried to add Leash to the mood, but the script reset it and deleted Leash from the statuses it's supposed to keep. Also, the script didn't try to cast Smooth when trying to get Minnesota Incorporeal. Granted, I don't know if it's actually *supposed* to do so.

Thank you again for a very helpful piece of work, for someone who works a lot and can't always play KOL.

Ferdawoon

3) This is for sure a failure to understand on my part: I've got Leash and Smooth HCP'ed. I tried to add Leash to the mood, but the script reset it and deleted Leash from the statuses it's supposed to keep. Also, the script didn't try to cast Smooth when trying to get Minnesota Incorporeal. Granted, I don't know if it's actually *supposed* to do so.
I dont do any .ash coding myself, but it have been said before here that the only, or at least the easiest, way to do moods is to wipe it and put things in when changing it. If BCC say that's the way it is, I take his word for it ^^

Ferdawoon

Is there any use for the KGE outfit in a BHY run, assuming I don't want to wear any of the outfit because of the damage?

If not, then if we're in BHY the script shouldn't go for a KGE, right?

Had a chat with Winterbay about that the other day, the KGE outfit (from faxing in a KBE guard in my case) is from the runs where bees kinda like you. Then getting the KGE is apparently faster than doing the harem. In bee-core though, the harem is better.
In short, KGE in Bee-core is a bad thing, yes, as it is doing the Harem and you dont need the outfit.

I understand that setting up the guy made of bees is optimal for myst ascensions, but for mus and mox would it be better to use Cyrus the Virus instead? I believe it takes 7 adventures and a clover to do cyrus, where the GMOBs could be much more. Is there other advantages to the bathroom (like stats and drops) that make the GMOBs optimal?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
GMoB is a lot easier to code, mostly. Also, if you care about being optimal, GMoB is just as bad for myst runs as for other classes.

Winterbay

Also, if you care about being optimal, GMoB is just as bad for myst runs as for other classes.

Since the bathroom is the place you go to powerlevel as a myst-class isn't it then slightly better than for the other classes, poke it up to 4 summons while you powerlevel and then you're ready when you get to the war? Losing 4 +mys choices doesn't seem that bad in the circumstance. But what do I know, I'm a very suboptimal player :)

bumcheekcity

I understand that setting up the guy made of bees is optimal for myst ascensions, but for mus and mox would it be better to use Cyrus the Virus instead? I believe it takes 7 adventures and a clover to do cyrus, where the GMOBs could be much more. Is there other advantages to the bathroom (like stats and drops) that make the GMOBs optimal?

Scripting ascensions is not optimal. The problem with Cyrus was that it was hard to code and too buggy, so I replaced it with GMoB.

spooch

You are in softcore. The script behaves differently for softcore and requires you to follow the small number of instructions in the following page - http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963
To remove this notice and be able to use the script, please set the appropriate option in the relay script (which you can find on the kolmafia.us forum thread for this script).

ok i go to relay script i do these options and it still doesn't work. i keep getting same msg over and over and over again. it's for casual ascensions and i have all the latest scripts / mafia build. what am i doing wrong

UPDATE

i finaly figured out that if i change version this lines value in script to false

if (!in_hardcore() && get_property("bcasc_doNotRemindAboutSoftcore") != "false") {
print("You are in softcore. The script behaves differently for softcore and requires you to follow the small number of instructions in the following page - http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963", "red");
abort("To remove this notice and be able to use the script, please set the appropriate option in the relay script (which you can find on the kolmafia.us forum thread for this script).");
}

it won't bug me any more so i did that.
also for some reason relay script works only in internet explorer

Last edited: