bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

BCCascend has always used its own battleaction for Mystclasses and when you are able to interact with the world. This may be more or less what you want, but it's doing that :)
I've changed all calls to the internal myst-function to call my CCS instead, and I guess something similar would be doable for a softcore run.

Well I just ascended, and then found out the guild challenges changed today.

So I recommend immediately talking to the guild leader on the ascend script, so you can finish your challenge earlier possibly. I'm doing a Muscle run and had to get a sausage from the outskirts of knob...and the script had already gotten the encryption key so that wasted some turns.

I got it from what appeared to be a noncombat, no idea if modifiers help or not. Reading around on forums like http://kolspading.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=280 it appears that 6 turns is about what it's taking people, which seems right to me.

After getting the sausage though it opened up everything in the guild to me...smackteria and all. :D

bumcheekcity

My exact thought when a change appears on twitter on my phone is "Oh fuckwank, I have to change the script".

Winterbay, I'm willing to hear requests for changes so you don't have to edit the script each release. Also for other items. Guess where you should all submit those changes?

Winterbay

My exact thought when a change appears on twitter on my phone is "Oh fuckwank, I have to change the script".

Winterbay, I'm willing to hear requests for changes so you don't have to edit the script each release. Also for other items. Guess where you should all submit those changes?

Seeing as what I do is remove the calls to consultMyst it feels wrong of me to demand that you remove them just so that I can use my own consultscript instead. I can live with having to edit a bunch of lines each update :)

lightwolf

What's going on with trying to script fax's, obtuse angles, and so on? I keep forgetting to do them while im running the script :(

Also, Huh, I just got this in hard core...

Code:
 Level 13 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair2].
BCC: You haven't completed the stage '' for the for telescope part 7
BCC: You have at least one plot hole for telescope part 6
BCC: You haven't completed the stage '' for the for telescope part 5
BCC: You haven't completed the stage '' for the for telescope part 4
BCC: You have at least one photoprotoneutron torpedo for telescope part 3
BCC: You have at least one razor-sharp can lid for telescope part 2
BCC: You have at least one Black No. 2 for telescope part 1
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair1].
BCC: We see Locked Gate
BCC: We have the effect/item, for that gate.
BCC: We see Gate of Machismo
BCC: We do not have the item for that gate. (We need a Meleegra pills for that.)
Pulling items from storage...
0 pulls remaining,0 budgeted for automatic use.

Also! The last two runs it has attempted to fight the NS without making or having the components to make a WAND.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

*cough* new guildchallenges!
Dunno if the script use Mafia's own "Open Guild" feature or if the script do it on its own. If it use Mafia's, make sure that the changes dont break anything, and if the script do it itself, implement all the places you need to adventure to get the items needed.

Comment already posted to the Sourceforge.

I added a feature request to sourceforge. I like to grab Astral Shirts...and the script keeps flipping to use the filthy hippy outfit for a source of elemental damage. If we have the astral shirt, let's prefer that over the filthy hippy outfit please. That lets me run with much better pants and hat for moxie and muscle runs so I can run more ML too.

CRennings

Has anyone else been having the issue whereby the script will adventure at the Hedge Maze, and run away until the script is stopped, or one runs out of turns?

Ferdawoon

*sigh* I really need to stop posting on these forums.. At least I was the first to post anything with "Guild" in the title on the Sourceforge! I Page-searched!

Gruddlefitt

I just finished a 4/948 run.
Day 1 was 100% manually (reached level 7, finished all level 1-6 quests and just barely got Liver).
Day 2-4 was done almost entirely by using this script except for faxing and eating/drinking.

I am guessing I was somewhat lucky, but 4 day runs does seem to be within reach of this script.

bumcheekcity

*sigh* I really need to stop posting on these forums.. At least I was the first to post anything with "Guild" in the title on the Sourceforge! I Page-searched!

Please feel free to bring up larger issues or areas where you want to ask a question or discuss a feature request, but if it's just a short issue, or something with CLI output that's really clear and needs no discussion or further explanation, you may as well just post to sourceforge. I don't fix bugs from this thread unless they're one-line fixes and I already have the file open.

Not joking about the open file thing, by the way :p

Version 0.29 fails on the nuns, reporting a loop of "nothing more to do here". Now, I don't remember if you could access the Themthar Hills without an outfit before, but the script doesn't equip any outfit, and one is needed.

Ouch...faxing worked, but it grabbed a lobsterfrogman and got my @$$ kicked. 0.29 as a seal clubber, and I have entangling, hero, tao, shieldbutt, noodles, bandersnatch, rage, and love songs...so the fight should have been a piece of cake if those were used.

Can you have it jump to relay browser for the combat if you're trying to fax harder mobs like that if you're a muscle or moxie class and it looks like you're not going to have an easy time with the fax target? Or alternatively, use shieldbutt and noodles if you've got the skills and muscle (and restore MP before the combat) or love songs. :D

Winterbay

It should not fax the monster if you cannot defeat it (i.e. if your moxie/muscle with hero and shield is less than safe moxie). Also, it hsould use your CCS as a muscle class so if that had been set up correctly for lobsterfrogmen it should also have worked...
Not sure why it faxed in it if you weren't safe though.