bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Jo_Anonomous

I do not know the best way of contact, and can't figure out how to make a ticket on sorceforge. As it says below, I need to "get it fixed", and remember something about how bcc doesn't actually check k-mails (this is just a copy of said k-mail).

Would it be possible to make an option to break out of bumcheekascend if autorecovery fails? I had an issue with this early on in my other account in the early part of the ascension. I assumed it was because of a lack of meat and therefore not wanting to spend it, but then last night I let it go when I went to bed (I only had about 20 adventures left), and when I checked my computer this morning it was still running with
<list of actions>
autorecovery failed
<same list of actions>
autorecovery failed
<same list of actions>
autorecovery failed
<same list of actions>
and it was running like that, apparently all night. I got banned for "From: Jick
Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 10:14AM

Your account was disabled because of a haywire Mafia script generating tens of thousands of redundant requests. Get it fixed and I'll re-enable the account"

and do not want someone else to have the same issues. I know it was completely my fault for running the script and not watching it, and would like to be able to use it again in the future without worrying about getting the b& hammer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theraze

When did autorecovery fail? There's a bunch of different places where it runs in different ways, and they all use different things. And then there's your own autorecovery settings... it's possible that you either set something impossible or that otherwise just didn't work...

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I do not know the best way of contact, and can't figure out how to make a ticket on sorceforge. As it says below, I need to "get it fixed", and remember something about how bcc doesn't actually check k-mails (this is just a copy of said k-mail).

Would it be possible to make an option to break out of bumcheekascend if autorecovery fails? I had an issue with this early on in my other account in the early part of the ascension. I assumed it was because of a lack of meat and therefore not wanting to spend it, but then last night I let it go when I went to bed (I only had about 20 adventures left), and when I checked my computer this morning it was still running with
<list of actions>
autorecovery failed
<same list of actions>
autorecovery failed
<same list of actions>
autorecovery failed
<same list of actions>
and it was running like that, apparently all night. I got banned for "From: Jick
Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 10:14AM

Your account was disabled because of a haywire Mafia script generating tens of thousands of redundant requests. Get it fixed and I'll re-enable the account"

and do not want someone else to have the same issues. I know it was completely my fault for running the script and not watching it, and would like to be able to use it again in the future without worrying about getting the b& hammer.

I suggest posting what <same list of actions> actually is. It would likely help with fixing the problem.

I've got a problem to report as well:
Server reported error 404 (Not Found) for rats.php
This happened on day 1 of a Hardcore Oxygenarian ascension, powered by this script, when it was trying to do the Tavern Cellar.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I've got a problem to report as well:
Server reported error 404 (Not Found) for rats.php
This happened on day 1 of a Hardcore Oxygenarian ascension, powered by this script, when it was trying to do the Tavern Cellar.

Anecdotal memory here but I see that routinely and since it doesn't actually abort bcca for me and the faucet has been found I have not bothered to report it. But to the extent that my memory and I are reliable it happens for other paths.

I have noticed that when doing the lvl 4 quest, the script would farm for an air freshener if I don't have any other equipment that gives stench res, but the thing is, I have access to Elemental Saucesphere, wouldn't it be better to have the script use that when available instead of wasting turns in the entrance? Even if I don't have a saucepan yet and I have to fish for it on the sewers, I would much rather spend some meat getting one than wasting turns, specially in the early levels.

I haven't seen anybody address this, I think it is a worthy change in the script but apparently I am alone here...

Anecdotal memory here but I see that routinely and since it doesn't actually abort bcca for me and the faucet has been found I have not bothered to report it. But to the extent that my memory and I are reliable it happens for other paths.

I get the same error in my script. I believe it comes from the KoLMafia function tavern(), but I could be wrong. You get a similar error when typing "find talisman o' nam". Well, maybe not similar since one is a 404 adventure error and the other is more of a "creating this item went wrong" error...

Ill double check the tavern function in an hour or so.

Razorsoup

I also found that this script still does not auto the hidden city part of the quest where you have to obtain the stones and fit the on each of the 4 stands.

The only issue I've had with this script and the hidden city is that for some reason the last protector spirit is not automatically fought. And that is as easy to work around as typing "ashq run_combat();" into the gCLI. Other than that, I've had no issues with this script completing the hidden city. If you are experiencing an issue, a detailed report of what you are seeing, including anything logged to the gCLI, would be most helpful in resolving that problem.

I know for a fact I saw this as AoSP, and I'm pretty sure I saw it in my one picky run.

The tavern quest has this for the code
Code:
while (!get_property("tavernLayout").contains_text("3")) {
		if (my_adventures() == 0) abort("No adventures.");
		print("BCC: We are adventuring at the tavern", "purple");
		tavern();
	}
	visit_url("rats.php?action=faucetoff");
	visit_url("tavern.php?place=barkeep");

The KolMafia function completes the entire tavern. Then bumcheekascend vists those 3 urls, which is pointless since KoLMafia has already finished the quest. The first one is probably throwing the error.

You could probably remove those 3 urls, or if you want to stay on the safe side put
Code:
if (get_property("questL03Rat") != "finished") {
		}

Theraze

The only issue I've had with this script and the hidden city is that for some reason the last protector spirit is not automatically fought. And that is as easy to work around as typing "ashq run_combat();" into the gCLI. Other than that, I've had no issues with this script completing the hidden city. If you are experiencing an issue, a detailed report of what you are seeing, including anything logged to the gCLI, would be most helpful in resolving that problem.

There's already a bug report on the issue. However, it's waiting... for the RIGHT bit of information to be posted. Veracity asked for a log regarding the autostop making combat not complete. I asked which part she wanted logged. There wasn't any answer given.

Interestingly, it works fine if you don't use a consult script. This time through AoSP when I was working up the audience, it ran the 2 quick skills before it aborted on the consult WHAM. But yeah, it aborts there every single time for me. But as listed, ashq run_combat() will make it go on, so... no big deal. Just a little mafia glitch that's easy to work past. :)

The tavern quest has this for the code
Code:
while (!get_property("tavernLayout").contains_text("3")) {
		if (my_adventures() == 0) abort("No adventures.");
		print("BCC: We are adventuring at the tavern", "purple");
		tavern();
	}

The KolMafia function completes the entire tavern. Then bumcheekascend vists those 3 urls, which is pointless since KoLMafia has already finished the quest. The first one is probably throwing the error.

Yep. Apparently rats.php is no more, since it's not actually found anywhere in the KoLmafia code, and its own completion is this:
Code:
			// If we just found the faucet for the first time, visit Bart Ender to claim reward
			if ( !hadFaucet && faucet != -1 )
			{
				RequestThread.postRequest( barkeep );
				hadFaucet = true;
			}
No rats.php anywhere to be had. Gotta love legacy code.

Theraze

While this is a bug in mafia, it can be worked around with "find 2 snakehead charrrm" and letting mafia auto-craft the talisman after that.

Well, not really a bug in mafia. It's a failure of expectations. You CAN disable mafia's auto-creation of items and then it won't "glitch" like that. Hence, it's not a glitch. The bug is in the users (whether scripting or not) doing create/acquire/find talisman o' nam with auto-create on rather than use 2 gaudy key. If you just use the gaudy keys manually, mafia will create the talisman for you without any problems. If you disable the auto-creation, create talisman o' nam, and turn auto-creation back on, it would work fine as well, albeit with two whiny set_property notifications. But users or scripters doing things wrong is not a mafia bug. Except in supporting its users in doing said bad behaviour. :)

There's already a bug report on the issue. However, it's waiting... for the RIGHT bit of information to be posted. Veracity asked for a log regarding the autostop making combat not complete. I asked which part she wanted logged. There wasn't any answer given.

Interestingly, it works fine if you don't use a consult script. This time through AoSP when I was working up the audience, it ran the 2 quick skills before it aborted on the consult WHAM. But yeah, it aborts there every single time for me. But as listed, ashq run_combat() will make it go on, so... no big deal. Just a little mafia glitch that's easy to work past. :)

Yep. Apparently rats.php is no more, since it's not actually found anywhere in the KoLmafia code, and its own completion is this:
Code:
			// If we just found the faucet for the first time, visit Bart Ender to claim reward
			if ( !hadFaucet && faucet != -1 )
			{
				RequestThread.postRequest( barkeep );
				hadFaucet = true;
			}
No rats.php anywhere to be had. Gotta love legacy code.

What? The code I showed was from the ascension script, not KoLMafia. And, as far as I know, it isn't legacy considering I svn updated bumcheekascend before finding and posting it....

Also, I do not understand how typing "find talisman o' nam" is a user bug.

Another one, caused by the KoL change on December 4th:
Server returned response code 404 (Not Found) for mclargehuge.php
Got this 3 times in a row in the gCLI. Obviously it happened when BCA was trying to do the McLargeHuge quest... though I do wonder if KoLmafia's buggy here.

EDIT: Another bug, cause by improper adventure tracking? I consumed my final adventure for the day when I acquired the map, so I had no adventures left when BCA tried using the map... explaining the odd failure.

BCC: Getting and dealing with the Cap'm's Map.
BCC: Using the Cap'm's Map and fighting the Giant Crab

Using 1 Cap'm Caronch's Map...
Finished using 1 Cap'm Caronch's Map.
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.
Uhoh. Please use the map and fight the crab manually.

Last edited:

Theraze

What? The code I showed was from the ascension script, not KoLMafia. And, as far as I know, it isn't legacy considering I svn updated bumcheekascend before finding and posting it....
Legacy meaning, it worked from before either the 2010 tavern revamp, or the 2013 tavern location revamp when it changed from rats.php to cellar.php as the given location. If you still don't understand, just know that it's since been been removed from BCA, since mafia handles it.

Also, I do not understand how typing "find talisman o' nam" is a user bug.
Some things either you understand or you don't. However, you might want to type this and you'll never see that mafia "bug" ever again:
set autoCraft=false

Another one, caused by the KoL change on December 4th:
Server returned response code 404 (Not Found) for mclargehuge.php
Got this 3 times in a row in the gCLI. Obviously it happened when BCA was trying to do the McLargeHuge quest... though I do wonder if KoLmafia's buggy here.
Apparently mafia was updated to use the new place.php location and we'll have to follow suit at some point, like when I finally ascend again in a month. Or when someone gets posts what replaces the legacy url mclargehuge.php, probably something like place.php?whichplace=mclargehuge or something like that. Hopefully it will be that simple.

EDIT: Another bug, cause by improper adventure tracking? I consumed my final adventure for the day when I acquired the map, so I had no adventures left when BCA tried using the map... explaining the odd failure.

BCC: Getting and dealing with the Cap'm's Map.
BCC: Using the Cap'm's Map and fighting the Giant Crab

Using 1 Cap'm Caronch's Map...
Finished using 1 Cap'm Caronch's Map.
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.
Uhoh. Please use the map and fight the crab manually.
Fixed. It now checks if you have an adventure before it tries to use the map.

Apparently mafia was updated to use the new place.php location and we'll have to follow suit at some point, like when I finally ascend again in a month. Or when someone gets posts what replaces the legacy url mclargehuge.php, probably something like place.php?whichplace=mclargehuge or something like that. Hopefully it will be that simple.
New URL:
Code:
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/place.php?whichplace=mclargehuge