bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Killing jar shouldn't really save any adv (much less 7.5), since ostensibly you're using the UV-resistant compass and wormriding. I guess it means you don't have to get the stone rose, but that's not really a big deal.

dixmcdix

Was meaning it saves 7.5 if you already had it when you got to Nasir (that 7.5 assumes using UV compass). Now that I read what I wrote I understand the confusion though. Derp!

Was meaning it saves 7.5 if you already had it when you got to Nasir (that 7.5 assumes using UV compass). Now that I read what I wrote I understand the confusion though. Derp!

This is why I've been running the library with +item drops and an item drop familiar. :D So far I've been doing pretty good getting the killing jars before unlocking the upstairs.

With phat loot, expert timing, frosty halo, astral mask, passives, miner's helmet, then if you're an AT on a BIG! run you've got chorale and thingfinder you can use also, plus pickpocket (yay sticky gloves).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have actually never gone for the stone rose, since the Oasis/Pyramid Unlock revamp, because I've always gotten the killing jar with no extra turns spent, just in the course of opening Spookyraven Upstairs, and killing jar + black paint + worm riding (and getting the pages with UV Compass equipped) has been (more than) enough to unlock the Pyramid.

Well, OK - I pointlessly went for the Stone Rose on my first run after the revamp, becuase I thought we were "supposed" to do that - and was astonished at how long it took to drop. Completely wasted turns, in retrospect. Not that I care, since I am not a Contender in the speed race, who needs to shave turns, rather than days. Which is why I am not a speedster. I play for comfort, rather than commendations. :)

Crowther

Ugh. I noticed that by the time I worm rode I hardly needed it. I don't know why I never thought to skip the stone rose. I guess, like Veracity, if feels like part of the quest, especially since it used to be required. So many wasted turns.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I realize that the Hidden Temple is still in a state where doing something is more important than doing it optimally or doing something with everyone's fiddly preferences available. I also realize this report sucks because I didn't ask about and document the obvious settings when it happened. Nevertheless, in case someone can reproduce or fix before I can gather data...

The script stopped because it lacked a triangle but could not seem to figure out which one was missing. But several of the "what to do next" scripts (published and unpublished) correctly realized that I needed to clear the Hidden Bowling Alley. This suggests that bccascend might not be using all of the data available to it since this was an almost 100% bccascend run and I don't think any of the guide scripts were using their own settings.

Thank you.

Winterbay

Ueah I thinl bca predates the great tracking abd has not been updated to actually use it

Edit: Also I hate touchscreen keyboards...

Crowther

What Winterbay tried to say. And also, if you don't have the book of matches, need to get a bowl of scorpions, then you'll abort in the bowling alley and get into the state you described.

Theraze

Any good reason why we prefer the acoustic guitarrr rather than the stone banjo? I mean, the SB is guaranteed crafting and the AG is a loot item that generally takes me 5-30 adventures with the auto-hunting luck.

Same thing as why we try to loot the parts of the wand manually rather than just using a clover and guaranteeing it in a single adventure.

EdFox

Small feature request: My last few ascensions, I've had BCA stop in Twin Peak on Room 237 (the stench res check). I've been able to get around this by manually getting the Slug Lord's map, then the pants with their stench rez. Would be great if BCA would just do that.

Thanks for the continuing work. This script keeps me in the game since even using Mafia, running manually would take too long each day for me to fit into my lunch break. :)

Theraze

For that matter, all of the earners from the maps should probably get used. The +120 meat for the dolphin map, whatever... if you have a map and the ability to use it, do so.

Crowther

Same thing as why we try to loot the parts of the wand manually rather than just using a clover and guaranteeing it in a single adventure.
I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't even know that was possible until a few weeks ago, but I haven't been playing hardcore. It's pretty easy to pull a wand in lazy core.

Theraze

Yeah, when I notice it's spent 5 adventures or so trying to farm a piece, I try to abort and clover my way to a completed wand. But keep in mind that it will only try to farm for the wand (either through the clover or through the 4 locations) if you don't have the pieces already. So if you've pulled your wand, you're set. Any changes are irrelevant. :)

Um...what?

It looks like it restored MP and then gave up and didn't cast the skill that mafia used when I typed "restore hp".

Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the KoLMafia thread with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Also ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Ensuring that warnings that you don't have enough stats are disabled.
BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: Please get barbed-wire fence for telescope part 7 from 'Moxie Vacation' yourself
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Beaten Up will be removed by skill Tongue of the Walrus...
Restoring MP! Currently at 2 of 167 HP, 9 of 296 MP, current meat: 19008 ... Target MP = 10.
Purchasing magical mystery juice (1 @ 100)...
You acquire an item: magical mystery juice
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 magical mystery juice...
You gain 26 Mana Points
Finished using 1 magical mystery juice.
Did not recover from being Beaten Up!

> restore hp

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Casting Tongue of the Walrus 1 times...
You gain 37 hit points
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
Tongue of the Walrus was successfully cast.
Restoring HP! Currently at 39 of 281 HP, 25 of 543 MP, current meat: 18908 ... Target HP = 281.
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 242 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.

Winterbay

Um...what?

It looks like it restored MP and then gave up and didn't cast the skill that mafia used when I typed "restore hp".

Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the KoLMafia thread with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Also ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Ensuring that warnings that you don't have enough stats are disabled.
BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: Please get barbed-wire fence for telescope part 7 from 'Moxie Vacation' yourself
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
Restoring MP! Currently at 2 of 167 HP, 9 of 296 MP, current meat: 19008 ... Target MP = 10.
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
You gain 26 Mana Points

> restore hp

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Casting Tongue of the Walrus 1 times...
You gain 37 hit points
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
Tongue of the Walrus was successfully cast.
Restoring HP! Currently at 39 of 281 HP, 25 of 543 MP, current meat: 18908 ... Target HP = 281.
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 242 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.

That looks very much like an UR issue. At least the printout is from there.

Bale

Minion
UR worked perfectly. I believe he is indicating the problem here:

Code:
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
You gain 26 Mana Points

It seems that BCC is calling restore_mp(10) to restore up to 10 mp so that BCC can cast Tongue of the Walrus. UR does restore the mp, but then BCC then does not attempt to actually cast Tongue of the Walrus. Nor does BCC call restore_hp(0) to restore hit points which would cause UR to cast tongue.

Craggles

> BCC: We are going to fax a Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain
> BCC: Checking existing fax first. Don't panic if this is the wrong monster - we won't use the wrong monster.

fax receive
> BCC: Unable to get fax. Do you have a fax machine?
> BCC: The monster faxing failed for some reason. Let's continue as normal though.

What do I need to do to make bcc use my fax machine correctly?