bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

I'll try to see if I can add a debug on into the script before it hits that next time. We'll see if it works out. It's specific to this one fight though... I haven't seen any of the other fights pass along improperly like this though, and this one fight uses the same code that works in multiple other places, so it isn't doing something that should break uniquely.

bumcheekcity

The protector spectre issue is independent of BCCAscend - when you fight the protector spectre normally, with WHAM as your CCS, you get the same thing. At least I do.

I opened a bug report about it partly as a way to find out where (Mafia, WHAM, BCA) the problem lay.

dixmcdix

As for dixmcdix's question, it's actually quite easy to put the hidden city up higher. Just edit the bumcheekcend() function and place the call to bcs11() wherever you want it. Then edit that particular function to place bcascMacguffinHiddenCity() where you want it.

Thanks much! To Digitrex, Crowther, and Winterbay I did end up doing that and reordering for BIG!

So...while doing Twin Peak, it complained I couldn't buff enough elemental resistance for the stench test. All I had to do was cast Astral Shell and I was at +4 stench resist. :confused:

This was in a HC SC BIG! run.

Crowther

So...while doing Twin Peak, it complained I couldn't buff enough elemental resistance for the stench test. All I had to do was cast Astral Shell and I was at +4 stench resist. :confused:

This was in a HC SC BIG! run.
Oh cool! Someone functionized all the places resistance is needed and now Astral Shell (and other buffs) just needs to be added to get_res(). Nice work!

It was trying to cast elemental saucesphere, and at the time I didn't have a saucepan and it never tried to get one.

Then it took me a while to realize that when I clicked the "Go Fish" button in kolmafia that it would closet my worthless trinkets so I wasn't getting a saucepan that way... *facepalm*

Thanks much! To Digitrex, Crowther, and Winterbay I did end up doing that and reordering for BIG!

I've thought about making a script called "BIG!" that just runs the various parts of bumcheekcend, that way updates to the script will get reflected in my copy I call. Is that what you did?

I've been using BIG! so much because I can do 4 dayers without a problem and also when I'm done I've usually got 200 in each stat (or more) and it makes it easier to jump in and do the sea quest (plus I haven't had time to look at the new challenge paths).

dixmcdix

I find that opening/running Hidden City, Beanstalk, Macguffin before everything else helps to make sure you have enough meat/recovery items for the rest of the quests. Also you can then start the war and flyer while doing the rest of the sequence.
I'm sure someone has a more optimal list though.

dixmcdix

Also for BIG! if possible (I looked into it but it was way beyond my programming abilities) setting the maximize to ignore +Stats would be helpful. (keeps equipping Items I don't need/want, but don't want to keep turning DontTouch on and off all the time.)

Maybe a misguided want (Should I be making a feature request on the SF page?)... But oh well.

Thanks again for maintaining and updating such an awesome and complex script!!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
BCCA decided it couldn't handle the final Hidden City protector specter and told me to finish the quest myself. But since the solution (in a CA II Moxie) was just to maximize elemental damage with a ranged weapon and attack, perhaps BCCA could have tried that before giving up? If it was supposed to do so, then something must have prevented that and the chances of me figuring out what are pretty slim. Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
BCCA decided it couldn't handle the final Hidden City protector specter and told me to finish the quest myself. But since the solution (in a CA II Moxie) was just to maximize elemental damage with a ranged weapon and attack, perhaps BCCA could have tried that before giving up? If it was supposed to do so, then something must have prevented that and the chances of me figuring out what are pretty slim. Thanks.

Knowing nothing about what this script does, I'm guessing this is the reason.

Also for BIG! if possible (I looked into it but it was way beyond my programming abilities) setting the maximize to ignore +Stats would be helpful. (keeps equipping Items I don't need/want, but don't want to keep turning DontTouch on and off all the time.)

Maybe a misguided want (Should I be making a feature request on the SF page?)... But oh well.

Thanks again for maintaining and updating such an awesome and complex script!!

I finished a recent BIG! ascension with the script and it kept throwing up power ballad (I was a SC). I really had way more muscle than I needed with just Rage of the Reindeer.

I'm finishing an AT run manually because...well manually I can use Chorale of Companionship and The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder...and I haven't seen the script consider those in BIG! runs. :D

BobbyCorno

It's a snow day for me, so I started futzing around with a low-skill multi.

To powerlevel between Level 6 and Level 7, the script tried going belowdecks. I know at one point I saw it adventuring in the pirate's cove and I aborted and manually pulled the outfit. Did that mess something up?

Code:
Ascending Starting
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: Maximizing ''
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 40 base Primestat
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 0 / 95 / 0
I need 40 base Mysticality (going levelling)
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Using a default stat familiar.
Mood swing complete.

Request 1 of 35 (Island: Belowdecks) in progress...
You can't get to that area.

BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

> condition check

Conditions list validated against available items.

Also, I noticed that it marked the 8-bit realm as "done" even though it hadn't adventured there at all (or had anything pulled). Manually forcing adventures in the 8-bit realm until Level 7 resolved this issue.

Theraze

If you're running softcore, expect MANY things to randomly get marked as done because you should be able to buy the parts. For best results, don't do SC.

Ioeth

So I know that there's still more work to do on the revamped desert quest, but I also had another change that I wanted to propose and get some feedback on. After getting the Talisman o' Nam and spending 1 adventure in the Palindome to unlock the Island War quest, I always stop the script to start the war and get flyers. I do this because flyering throughout the rest of the MacGuffin quest completely avoids having to spend a bunch of turns in the Bathroom to flyer the GMoB. What would everyone think about changing the script to automatically do this if its configured to do the Arena subquest in order to reduce turncount?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Two thoughts (from someone who doesn't use this script). First, I thought this script was supposed to be usable by people with few skills, and flyering makes combat noticeably harder. Second, being level 12 by the time you spend a turn in the palindome doesn't seem right.

Ioeth

Flyering does make combat harder, so it could be an optional feature of the script that's disabled by default. Either choosing the BIG! path (which I do for speed) or with +stats in-run can get a character to level 12 by the time the Palindome is opened.