bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So I logged in on an account which I haven't played in a while (and certainly haven't ran this script on in a while) which is currently SC level 8 with 675 turns of ronin left and on the trapper quest. When I run the new bumcheekcend.ash it gets stuck in an infinite loop of repeatedly attempting to "Getting the Ballroom Key" only to fail with the message "You can't hit anything there."

Any advice?

Change your combat strategy in mafia to something other than "attack with weapon".

Cone_of_Cold

So it proceeded with minimal interruption through getting Fledges, bridging the Orc Chasm, and lighting the Oil and A-Boo peaks, then it got tangled up at Twin Peaks (it autoaborted and said it couldn't achieve the 50% item needed for the pantry when all the items it needed were right there in the inventory) so I did that part myself. Then it proceeded through the Giant Trash quest flawlessly and got through the Black Woods part of the Macguffin quest until it got tangled in an infinite snag trying to access the hidden village:

Using 1 stone wool...
You acquire an effect: Stone-Faced (duration: 5 Adventures)
Finished using 1 stone wool.

[715] The Hidden Temple
Encounter: Fitting In
BCC: We have not completed the stage [nostril].
choiceAdventure582 => 1
Encounter: Such Great Heights
You lose an effect: Stone-Faced
Unexpected error, debug log printed.

...so I had to do that part manually, and then I ran out of adventures.

Overall, though, I'm really glad to see that the script is still working as well as it is and being updated so regularly. Over the last couple of months I've gotten even more busy with IRL stuff such that I really have no time for KoL other than the few minutes it takes to log in and run/babysit some scripts, so scripts like BCA are for me the difference between playing at all and playing never until my schedule loosens up. :(

Cone_of_Cold

Well, the debug file is quite long and I have no idea which parts of it are pertinent to this particular issue, so I just uploaded it as an attachment.

Also, today I got this:

BCC: This script currently does not support any more of the revamped pyramid quest. Reveal the pyramid manually, and then run this script again to continue.

This is supposed to happen, right? It's not like my script is outdated or whatever.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20131216.txt
    342.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Winterbay

Also, today I got this:
Code:
BCC: This script currently does not support any more of the revamped  pyramid quest. Reveal the pyramid manually, and then run this script  again to continue.
This is supposed to happen, right? It's not like my script is outdated or whatever.

Yep. That is due to the fact that the code for that part has not been fully updated for the new quest yet.

Cone_of_Cold

Sorry I keep asking so many questions--this is simply my first time using the script in a long while, and I'm trying to understand precisely what its limitations are so that as I keep using it in the future I know which parts I can let the script handle for me and which parts I actually have to do myself.

The script got tangled up in the new hidden village (it blew tons of adventures in the Hidden Hospital without ever putting on any of the doctor's gear). Is this supposed to happen? As I posted above, with the pyramid part the script self-terminated and gave me an error, but this time it just pissed away my adventures until I stopped it myself, so I dunno if this is supposed to happen or if I was simply doin' it wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Winterbay

It's not and it's worked fine for me, so obviously something is different in your case. Are you running it in Softcore or Hardcore? Any specific path?

Cone_of_Cold

It's not and it's worked fine for me, so obviously something is different in your case. Are you running it in Softcore or Hardcore? Any specific path?

At the time I encountered that problem, I was a disco bandit doing a softcore Class Act run (...that I never finished from back when Class Act was the current challenge path :p Life got busy, that's why I need this script!).

From what I've read throughout this thread, it looks this script is supposed to be used more for HC rather than softcore, but since the characters on which I'm using it all have very few/no skills HC permed, I've been using it for softcore (under the assumption that I'd get karma faster that way).

Theraze

Yep... in SC, you're mostly responsible to get your own equipment worn when you want it. Unless you set it to run SC as HC, in which case it should take care of it for you...

Got an error message from this script today:

Server returned response code 404 for rats.php

This happened after the Tavern quest was completed.

Try to start day 2, and THIS happens:

BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
40 combinations checked, best score 596.87
Holding accord ion...
You can't equip an accordion in your off-hand.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

... in a loop until I abort it.

dixmcdix

While using Bumcheekascend during a HC run (as a Disco Bandit) with Smiths items I keep having the A Light That Never Goes Out taken off when the script calls for +Items maximizing.
I'm also having Frankly Mr. Shank taken off when +Moxie (or anything for that matter) is being called for maximizing. I'm fairly certain this is not a maximizing issue rather than a BCA issue due to it only happening when BCA maximizes.
Calling the Mafia maximizer seems to choose the correct items when I'm testing it outside of BCA running. Perhaps I'm missing something or I'm a dumdum?

(I've been turning DontTouch on and off a lot to counteract this, which I'm not totally against, just curious if there is anything I can do.)

Running SVN Autoupdate on KolMafia v16.2 r13462
Using the most up to date BCA as well

Hoping this is the right place to bring this up. Scold and whip me with towels if not.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
After the script maximizes, you can look at the Maximizer to see what it was trying to maximize, posting that might be helpful.

dixmcdix

Thanks hadn't thought of that.

Maximizer line:
0 beeosity, mainstat 999999999 max, -melee -10 ml +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, 5 hp, -equip hilarious comedy prop

CLI buffer:

BCC: We have not completed the stage [hits].
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Unconscious Collective
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Disco State of Mind, cast 1 Disco Aerobics
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
BCC: Need items!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Peeled Eyeballs, use 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing (1st time may take a while)...
126 combinations checked, best score 2,018.49
Wielding double-barreled sling...
Equipment changed.
Holding Half a Purse...
Equipment changed.
Putting on pirate fledges...
Equipment changed.
Putting on badass belt...
Equipment changed.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: levelMe(182, false) called.
Cleared mood.

The part that confuses me is the
"BCC: Need items!"
In the Maximizer line I don't see it looking for +items and it takes the A Light That Never Goes Out off as a consequence.

Thanks for any suggestions or information you might have.

Edit: Guessing maybe it is because the Half A Purse gives +stats?
Why would it remove the Frankly Mr. Shank is another question altogether I guess.

Last edited:

Theraze

From what you posted, it looks like the 'need items' just means that it wants peeled eyeballs. It appears to be trying to level up to 182 moxie, hence the + to moxie experience. Items are irrelevant except in that they're a 'standard' part of what the mood wants to be...

Edit: Yep. The need items is just a reference to setting the mood, and completely irrelevant to maximization.

Theraze

Not a problem. If you DO have a lot of useful skills, you can disable the auto-level-up code and it should work much better. If you do need the safe moxie though, remember to turn it back on again before reporting that BCA keeps throwing you into fights you can't win over and over again... :p

dixmcdix

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep the Auto-level-up code in mind!

One other question:
Will bcasc_doCasualAsHC: True
Make a softcore run react same as a Hardcore run? I've been having issues with the Hidden Hospital never changing gear (as well as the Antique Machete never equipping) in Softcore. Or is there some other setting to help with that?
I'd even be happy with editing in a hard stop at the Hidden Hospital but haven't looked into doing that yet in hopes that there is a flag I could set that would help with this.
Once again any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks for making and maintaining such an awesome and useful script!