bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

The "save 10 turns" test doesn't apply when you write the patch yourself. Particularly if you cut and paste the whole function so that I can just paste it in place.

Theraze

Though turning the wand check into a 6 million meat one instead of a 6 thousand meat one might be a bit overage. Since it has other value in retrieving tower items if you don't have a full telescope and end up with black pepper and no basket, etc.

Catch-22

Yes folks, I decided to start another fist run.

Not sure why this didn't happen to me last time...

This line...
PHP:
while (!black_market_available())
needs to change to this line...
PHP:
while ((!black_market_available()) && (!contains_text(visit_url("woods.php?action=emptybm"),"empty")))
if you don't want to burn through a whole bunch of turns looking for the map a 2nd time like I did :)

The emptybm check plays nice with people who aren't on a fist run, but I guess you could save a server hit by checking to see if they are on "Way of the Surprising Fist" first before checking if the guy has been beaten up. I'll stick to the quick and dirty fixes for the time being.

Tom Sawyer

I will check and see how many turns it saves to do the wand vs just 3 tokens

Another quick question: I noticed the script tends to use the stomping boots in the ballroom and airship but never any of the boot's special functions. Are the boots better than the hound dog for item gain?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Another quick question: I noticed the script tends to use the stomping boots in the ballroom and airship but never any of the boot's special functions. Are the boots better than the hound dog for item gain?
The hound dog isn't so great when you want noncombats.

bumcheekcity

Yes folks, I decided to start another fist run.

Not sure why this didn't happen to me last time...

This line...
PHP:
while (!black_market_available())
needs to change to this line...
PHP:
while ((!black_market_available()) && (!contains_text(visit_url("woods.php?action=emptybm"),"empty")))
if you don't want to burn through a whole bunch of turns looking for the map a 2nd time like I did :)

The emptybm check plays nice with people who aren't on a fist run, but I guess you could save a server hit by checking to see if they are on "Way of the Surprising Fist" first before checking if the guy has been beaten up. I'll stick to the quick and dirty fixes for the time being.

Yeah, already got this one :D

morgad

Though turning the wand check into a 6 million meat one instead of a 6 thousand meat one might be a bit overage. Since it has other value in retrieving tower items if you don't have a full telescope and end up with black pepper and no basket, etc.

It was a quick and dirty hack, I will try and write a better version for posting to SF over the weekend.

on at least one occasion since I have still ended up with a wand while backfarming for DoD potions

@tom don't worry too much about the turn count, I have since remembered that I also did it to save the 5000 meat

most of my local changes were to raise as much meat as possible, so I could run more buffs, but they have not had the effect on turncount and daycount I was expecting.

Dave

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

Yeah turn count means little. Real life has gotten real busy lately so I have been using this excellent script to help manage my kol addiction.

I have found thanks to the new clip art if I micromanage just the first few turns to reach level 2 for pumpkin beer, then again to reach 4 for the tavern drinks I can easily make 4 day runs nearly hands off.

Today my multi actually reached level 7 with liver.

I tend to use the clip art to grab the familiar item for my bandersnatch, a bucket of wine, and some ultra fondue :)

I tend to use the clip art to grab the familiar item for my bandersnatch, a bucket of wine, and some ultra fondue :)

I grabbed familiar item for bandersnatch, bucket of wine (28 adventures with ode for nightcap? Sign me up!) and the time halo. I figure even if I get lucky and get the chrome weapon, the time halo will beat it by 2 adventures, plus I get another 5 free adventures day 1. This might help me with day count since a couple of times I've had the lair open but ran out of adventures. The borrowed time should help with that too, and the bucket of wine for overdrinking beats superhuman cocktails for another 8 adventures per rollover. :)

bumcheekcity

Should the script in any way incorporate the new tome? Willing to hear input for fairly dumb logic of "get moar turns" - which sounds like it would be fairly easily done by getting the familiar jacks for the bandersnatch immediately, the bucket of wine IF you have ode - unsure about the other day 1 item and about day 2+ suggestions.

So feel free to add input.

I could swear the script used to abort when your semi rare came up if you had the number from a fortune cookie, but the past few times it hasn't. Was it ever supposed to, and I was somehow doing something else before? The CLI mentions the window expiring, but that's actually the exact number from a fortune cookie coming up.

If it helps at all:
Code:
Request 7 of 111 (Cyrpt: Defiled Cranny) in progress...

[414] Defiled Cranny
Encounter: gluttonous ghuol
Strategy: attack with weapon
Round 0: deathless assassin wins initiative!
Round 0: deathless assassin tries to steal an item! (auto-attack)
Round 2: Medici calmly walks up to your opponent and hits it in the kneecaps with a short stick, leaving it looking a little unsteady. "That one was on the house, kid."
Round 2: gluttonous ghuol drops 7 attack power.
Round 2: gluttonous ghuol drops 7 defense.
Round 2: deathless assassin executes a macro!
Round 2: deathless assassin tries to steal an item!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Round 3: deathless assassin attacks!
Round 4: gluttonous ghuol takes 50 damage.
Round 4: deathless assassin attacks!
Round 5: gluttonous ghuol takes 45 damage.
Round 5: deathless assassin wins the fight!
After Battle: Your Evilometer emits a single beep. The air in this part of the crypt smells slightly less evil...
You gain 60 Meat
After Battle: Medici smiles, and says "You have brought honor to the family."
You gain 7 Strengthliness
You gain 10 Mysteriousness
You gain 8 Chutzpah
You can now equip a a butt tuba (and possibly other things).
You gain a Moxie point!

Request 8 of 111 (Cyrpt: Defiled Cranny) in progress...
(Semirare window begin counter expired)
Checking for updates (running CounterChecker ver. 1.4999)...
_version_BaleCC => 1.4999
You have a current version of CounterChecker.
Checking counters now.
Your semi-rare might happen any moment! You might want to eat a fortune cookie now. Or not?

[415] Defiled Cranny
Round 0: deathless assassin loses initiative!
Round 1: deathless assassin executes a macro!
Round 1: deathless assassin tries to steal an item!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Round 2: deathless assassin attacks!
Round 3: gluttonous ghuol takes 45 damage.
Round 4: gluttonous ghuol takes 46 damage.
Round 4: deathless assassin wins the fight!
After Battle: Your Evilometer emits a single beep. The air in this part of the crypt smells slightly less evil...
You gain 65 Meat
After Battle: Medici smiles, and says "You have brought honor to the family."
You gain 3 Fortitude
You gain 7 Enchantedness
You gain 14 Smarm

Request 9 of 111 (Cyrpt: Defiled Cranny) in progress...

[416] Defiled Cranny
Round 0: deathless assassin wins initiative!
Round 0: deathless assassin tries to steal an item! (auto-attack)
Round 2: Medici calmly walks up to your opponent and hits it in the kneecaps with a short stick, leaving it looking a little unsteady. "That one was on the house, kid."
Round 2: gluttonous ghuol drops 7 attack power.
Round 2: gluttonous ghuol drops 7 defense.
You acquire an item: huge spoon
Round 2: deathless assassin executes a macro!
Round 2: deathless assassin tries to steal an item!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Round 4: gluttonous ghuol takes 48 damage.
You lose 7 hit points

edit: tried again - hopefully this is posted in the right place, it doesn't seem like it would be a counterchecker issue though.

Code:
Request 1 of 87 (Manor2: Haunted Bedroom) in progress...

[433]     Haunted Bedroom
Encounter: One Nightstand
You acquire an item: old     leather wallet

Request 2 of 87 (Manor2: Haunted Bedroom) in     progress...
Checking counters now.
Semi-rares     choices are not automated in hardcore or ronin.
Your     last semi-rare adventure was at Sleazy Back Alley, so plan     accordingly.
Fortune Cookie counter expired.     Last semirare found 179 turns ago (on turn 254) in Sleazy Back Alley

BCC:     Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
134 combinations checked, best     score 125.5
Using 1 old leather wallet...
You gain 492 Meat
Finished     using 1 old leather wallet.
BCC: Switching Familiar     for General Use
BCC: Setting the default     familiar to your choice of 'penguin Goodfella'.
Resetting mind     control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC:     Getting the Ballroom Key

When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair,     use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When     I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I     run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Mariachi     Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on The Moxious     Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
BCC: Need     less combat, brave Sir Robin!
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair,     use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the     Mariachi
When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
When     I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on Smooth Movements,     cast 1 Smooth Movement
When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1     The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1     The Sonata of Sneakiness
When I get Carlweather's Cantata of     Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I run low on Smooth Movements,     cast 1 Smooth Movement
When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1     The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1     The Sonata of Sneakiness
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions     list cleared.
Condition added: Spookyraven ballroom key
Spookyraven     ballroom key
BCC: Setting goals of 'Spookyraven     ballroom key'...

Request 1 of 86 (Manor2: Haunted Bedroom)     in progress...

[434] Haunted Bedroom
Encounter: One Nightstand
You     acquire an item: Lord Spookyraven's spectacles
Identifying dusty     bottles...

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Code:
Request 8 of 111 (Cyrpt: Defiled Cranny) in progress...
(Semirare window begin counter expired)
Checking for updates (running CounterChecker ver. 1.4999)...
_version_BaleCC => 1.4999
You have a current version of CounterChecker.
Checking counters now.
Your semi-rare might happen any moment! You might want to eat a fortune cookie now. Or not?

Code:
Request 2 of 87 (Manor2: Haunted Bedroom) in     progress...
Checking counters now.
Semi-rares     choices are not automated in hardcore or ronin.
Your     last semi-rare adventure was at Sleazy Back Alley, so plan     accordingly.
Fortune Cookie counter expired.     Last semirare found 179 turns ago (on turn 254) in Sleazy Back Alley
CounterChecker seems to be working right. Maybe you need to set the zlib var BaleCC_SrInHC to true?

Once again, CounterChecker will get the most expensive semi-rare, even in HC. If you want to specify which semi-rares you want, someone would need to write a script for that (or maybe wait until Bale adds this functionality to CounterChecker).

I think the reason why BCC didn't stop is because the line that actually adventures is:
PHP:
if (adventure(my_adventures(), loc)) {}
so any abort is trapped and the script simply continues. Since the "get the ballroom key" part is in a while loop, the script tries to adventure there again.

Ferdawoon

Should the script in any way incorporate the new tome? Willing to hear input for fairly dumb logic of "get moar turns" - which sounds like it would be fairly easily done by getting the familiar jacks for the bandersnatch immediately, the bucket of wine IF you have ode - unsure about the other day 1 item and about day 2+ suggestions.

I get the +5adv if unarmed halo as 3rd item on day 1, esp now as I do Fistcore. Day 2 I get bucket of wine and the +25% item drop halo. Been considering what is best, the +25item or the +3 stats but I have no idea..

lightwolf

Assuming the script isn't going anywhere near unarmed combat in regular hardcore ;) (Technically the shining halo saves 12 turns)

... I'd say just use maybe at most 2 summons a day; giving the person the option, if they want, to manually summon something else. Like a Ur-Donut day 1 to boost you up to level 3, and make it less likely that low skill scripters won't run into temple leveling so much. Or fondue to just fill 3 fullness with decent food. Or whatever... most of the useful things day 2/3 are the halo's...

Pretty much buckets every day with ode,
time halo day 1 (+20 adv in 5 day. more for low skill count... if they remember to unqeuip weapons)
yellow ray item if they don't have a he-boulder day 2 onward

And then the player can manually use the others for consumption or whatever specific familiar equipment they would want.

ugg, its been a while since I've used this script...

stannius

Managing the new tome seems out of scope to me. It doesn't cast other daily summons, why would it cast that one? If the user summons one or more halos, won't that automatically get included in maximize commands? I do think unbearable light usage is in scope, though, since the script does manage other yellow rayers.

Similarly I +1 the removal of spleen item usage (Catch-22 included with some Fist-changes a few pages ago). Why is spleen consumption different than other consumption? (Other than that it's easier to code because there are only a few options.)

Just my humble opinions.

I think the user can grab their bander gear right away, and since the script doesn't consume I wouldn't worry about wine.

I wouldn't want to use all my tome uses on the new IOTM because I like to have a few sugar sheets to make the NS fight trivial and I still use a sugar shield for the tower familiar fights (sympathy + empathy + leash...still need another 4 lbs).

Shoot...I just realized maybe I should grab familiar gear for the He-Boulder too, there's a few days I could have gotten in 2 yellow rays a day that way. Would the script support doing 2 yellow rays per day if the timer expired? I haven't thought of what else it might ray to see if it'd save any turns though.

bumcheekcity

Shoot...I just realized maybe I should grab familiar gear for the He-Boulder too, there's a few days I could have gotten in 2 yellow rays a day that way. Would the script support doing 2 yellow rays per day if the timer expired? I haven't thought of what else it might ray to see if it'd save any turns though.

Yes. It just looks to see if you have everything looks yellow and goes from there. Also, version 0.33 released.