bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

I have a sandworm and a bandersnatch. What's the logic behind which one is used? It seems sort of random to me. Sometimes it uses the sombrero when it has all the spleen it needs and the bander is much heavier and better equipped, other times it is using a low weight bander instead of a heavy sombrero at a place with high ML.

bumcheekcity

Sandworm until you have enough spleen items, snatch until then. Admittedly, that's fairly poor logic. File it on the sourceforge page to remind me to change it.

bumcheekcity

Basically, the script will recommend a number of things (and by "recommend" I mean "pretty much require"):

1) A good few myst spells to choose from.
2) Some +spell damage. I recommend the script is run manually until you buy the kickback cookbook.
3) MMJs. I'll request the guild is opened manually for a while.

Then that the script does is:
1) Find the cheapest skill which will one-shot the monster and use it.
2) Use noodles if we can't one-shot.
3) Then use the cheapest skill which will two-shot the monster and use it (or three shot, etc.)

Takes into account bonus spell damage, elemental doubling or negating and everything appropriate. Well, it will do.

I like making a pumpkin staff day 1, use a jiggle on that and then finish off with a dart, shuriken, or use noodles if I need to stun for more and then darts or shurikens. After the monsters get harder I use more shurikens, and then go up from there once I have the cookbooks, although I like to run flavour at that point too when I need the damage boost.

EDIT: Eventually I do go for the staff of the soup bone, but that's it...I'll do the whole run with just those two staves.

bumcheekcity

Why not doing it automatically? It can be done pretty early if you have Mojomuscular, or as soon as you can get enough +Myst?

Ooh, ooh, sauce synergy too?

Because I can't be bothered to do the code to automatically open it :p

And no. Yet to work out sauce synergy. It'll likely be pretty hard to do.

Ferdawoon

When I kept going out of MP playing Myst classes, /hc chat recommended doing up to and including lvl5 as a Melee. By then you start to be unable to hit the monsters with weapons with the basic Moxie and Muscle that you have and spells are powerful enough from Myst and gear.
Could perhaps solve how the script do the first levels until it can get some nice skills and open the Guild.

bumcheekcity

There are just too many variables there. Get ravioli, i say. Im happy to require or recommend a portion of the start be played manually with myst classes.

bumcheekcity

The script will noodles and two shot if it's cheaper than one-shotting. Should stop it using weapon of the fucking pastalord against DoD monsters.

Oh, and I've released 0.22 with mysticality ascensions. This is HIGHLY experimental, and I recommend the following:

1) Watching the damn script like a hawk.
2) Manually getting the kickback cookbook for that +spell damage.
3) Having lots of myst spells for the script to choose from. Currently it's only pastamancer spells considered. I'm hoping to have sauce ones in 0.23.

Hopefully 0.22 will be a short version.

Last edited:

morgad

0.22 has a Knob problem...

Code:
Ascending Starting
Doing a check for Telescope Items
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [knobking].
Maximizing...
315 combinations checked, best score 165.0
Wielding stainless steel shillelagh...
Equipment changed.
Holding flimsy clipboard...
Equipment changed.
Putting on 1337 7r0uZ0RZ...
Equipment changed.
Putting on badass belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Boss Bat bling...
Equipment changed.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% He-Boulder
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Killing the Knob King

When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Patience of the Tortoise, cast 1 Patience of the Tortoise
Mood swing complete.
Unknown or custom outfit: kge

I did not have a 'kge' outfit so I saved a customer 'kge' outfit, but with the same result

0.21 works, but it is not trying to kill the Goblin king

best regards
Dave

Zakmos

thought i'd give 0.22 a try as myst... any way to keep my init and spell damage boosting equipment on (it only cares about max myst)? and to run springy fusilli and flavor? currently useless because i fail to get the jump and get whacked a LOT

edit: also, it just freaked out... know nothing about scripting... debug log attached

Attachments

• DEBUG_20110408.txt
    90.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Zakmos

it was just the .txt file that was generated in my mafia folder... sorry, if that's not an answer... you might have to pretend you work for tech support to get info out of me

also, it seems like the script got mad after it sent me into battle without any MP and then I couldn't perform any actions... or maybe not... i dunno really... super helpful, right?

Theraze

I think what BCC is asking for is what caused it to do the debug log... were you fighting the king, were you on level 3, at some point the gCLI printed that it was outputting a debug log... why did the debug log happen?

Winterbay

The formula for Spaghetti SPear is wrong in the script it is listed as
Code:
(2.5*bPer + min(5, bAbs) + bElm)*isWeak();
but should be
Code:
(2.5*bPer + min(5, bAbs))*isWeak();
The output can never be above 8 without a percentage increaser (it stated that I should be doing 12 today while doing consistently 7-8).

Also, making pastalord elemental gives 50% actual elemental damage and 50% physical.

StDoodle

Minion
BCC, a simplified version of sauce-synergy could still be quite useful. Just check if one has Wave, Geyser, and at least +25 spell damage. Then, do wave then geyser. Can be improved by checking for elemental alignment and making sure wave doesn't 1-hit, but by the time the first 3 are true most of your combats should be ok. Though, forcing use of the imp unity ring for synergy users may be a good idea in an automated context.

xKiv

at least +25 spell damage

I am pretty sure it's at least *26*. You need to have *more* than the cap to overload.

imp unity ring
Or the LEW (17-alarm saucepan - it has +15 hot spell damage, which counts towards overloading hot spells.
(but then you also have to check for immaculate seasoning; cookbooks sidestep that)