bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

Sounds like a smarter combat script would really help with running your ascension script! I'm fairly sure that as soon as the deleveling changes get sorted, both zarqon & I will be able to help with this.

I think I can get by with a very basic one for moxie only (because 99% of all fights are sorted by plinking and I can always lazily abort on the two or three fights per ascension that it screws up on), but will definitely be needing a much cleverer one for mus and myst.

Edit: I'm beginning to think about how to handle mus/mys ascensions. I'm never going to be doing it optimally, but want to assume at least hero and shieldbutt for mus (without hero, muscle SUCKS), but unsure how to deal with mysticality.

jambosque

Err...is it just me, or is the "castle items" comma-fixed version of v0.6 not uploaded yet?

Edit: Oh, excellent! (Yeah, it's kind of difficult to test a particular section of code without actually being on that part of the ascension...I suppose that's what mafia's kol simulator is for?)

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Re: dealing with non-moxie

Since this script is kinda aimed at those who have a decent amount of experience, but just don't want to waste their turns when they don't have time to play, I don't think your assumptions for shieldbutt & hero are all that bad. For myst.... with synergy as Sauceror, it isn't too bad. But about the only thing I can think of otherwise is to force all-starfish use. Or tons of treasury farming. FWIW, shieldbutting is a fairly valid way to go for myst too, low-skill. It's gonna take longer, but... meh.

HippoKing

Also, new issue with the war not noticing it had been started:

Code:
Request 7 of 57 (IsleWar: Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)) in     progress...

[994] Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)
Encounter:     Blockin' Out the Scenery

Request 8 of 57 (IsleWar: Wartime Hippy     Camp (Frat Disguise)) in progress...

The yellow ray handling just fucked me again though - it really, really needs to check if the ray is on cooldown before switching to HeBo. If I were you, I'd probably just completely remove Bob from the ray queue - it's not an amazing ray target anyway, and it has an unfortunately high likelihood of still being on cooldown when you need the war outfit (which saves way more turns).

cardern

Hey, I had a quick question (or two). I'm kind of new to mafia. How do I download version 0.6? Version 0.5 is broken because of the tavern revamp, I think.

Someone mentioned simulating turns within mafia, how do I do that?

bumcheekcity

@Hippo, I've added a check for being under the "Everything Looks Yellow" effect, and added support for the pumpkin bomb if you have one, in 0.7. I'm unsure how to fully support the pumpkin. Suggestions on the back of a postcard to the usual address.

@carden, Version 0.6 (as well as four previous version) are on the first post. The first post should always be updated with the files. Also, there are a few sections of the script which cannot yet be automated. The tavern is one of those places. Do that manually, and then run the script again. It'll pick up where you left off.

halfvoid

Quick question. Same Disco Bandit run as mentioned before. Is there an optimal reason for trying to make the AT epic weapon instead of the DB one? I have zero hardcore skills unlocked beside some tomes and I thought i'd test out your script for shits and giggles.

If you have any AT songs permed, I'd make the Rock and Roll Legend just for saving MP. It'll probably only cost you an extra clover, and with the new sewer changes that shouldn't be a problem (assuming you start the ascension on a day you can get clovers). I permed Inigo's so I always make the Rock and Roll legend so I can get more crafts per cast. :D

Regarding Muscle combat...if you perm Rage and Snarl I'd imagine shieldbutt would do tons of damage and would be quite viable. I permed Rage, Hero and Tao for my muscle runs and it works quite well...I want to get Snarl too to up the damage some more.

Theraze

Yes, but you're more likely to find an epic accordion useful than an epic banjo. No real difference between the two for newbies, but... given the choice in a zero-setup script? Go with what works well for more circumstances. :D

halfvoid

Yes, but you're more likely to find an epic accordion useful than an epic banjo. No real difference between the two for newbies, but... given the choice in a zero-setup script? Go with what works well for more circumstances. :D

the banjo gives bonus damage to disco combat skills on top of the +7 to moxie and with my bandersnatch i'd say thats much more useful to a DB with no AT skills permed. no?

Theraze

A DB running a weapon attack only CCS because they're using an easy zero-thinking ascension script? Not especially. :D

bumcheekcity

The DB weapon should be made for DBs, the AT EW for everybody. That's current and intended behaviour. I'd forgotten that if you don't have any AT skills permed and are not an AT, then you don't need the RnR, it's useless.

The DB combat skills thing isn't that much of an issue, the +7 to moxie is. I'll add a check for non-AT characters to only make the RnR if they have some AT skills permed.

HippoKing

Code:
There is some error and you don't appear to be able to access the lair...
Before it had tried to kill the war boss.

Also, this is super-weird. I'm guessing Mafia tried to ID potions by funkslinging them with stone spheres. Not a clue where Antihangover came from.
Code:
[1246] South of the Border
Encounter: Forget Not That I am an Ass
You acquire an item: pack of chewing gum
Using 1 pack of chewing gum...
You acquire an item: tamarind-flavored chewing gum
You acquire an item: lime-and-chile-flavored chewing gum
You acquire an item: pickle-flavored chewing gum
You acquire an item: jabañero-flavored chewing gum
Finished using 1 pack of chewing gum.
BCC: We see Gate of the Mind
Checking for item dod, which it turns out I have 0 of.
BCC: We do not have the item for that gate.
Using 3 large box...
You acquire an item: milky potion of ettin strength
You acquire an item: swirly potion of sleepiness
You acquire smoky potion of blessing (2)
You acquire cloudy potion of confusion (4)
You acquire effervescent potion of teleportitis (2)
You acquire fizzy potion of detection (2)
You acquire dark potion of mental acuity (3)
You acquire an item: murky potion of healing
Finished using 3 large box.
[healing] does not match anything in the status effect database.
bubbly potion: Antihangover (have 3)
cloudy potion: Confused (have 5)
dark potion: Strange Mental Acuity (have 7)
effervescent potion: Teleportitis (have 7)
fizzy potion: Object Detection (have 4)
milky potion: Strength of Ten Ettins (have 5)
murky potion: none (have 7)
smoky potion: Blessing of Bulbazinalli (have 9)
swirly potion: Sleepy (have 3)
We do not have all the items for the gates. This script cannot yet get them.

There are problems in there which are nothing to do with this script, but "Checking for item dod, which it turns out I have 0 of." is definitely a bug.

The reason it aborted is Gremlin Juice, which is obviously a fine reason.

Last edited: