bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Eww, people actually use the random food generator code? Weird. ;)

In my case, it was because of losing the fight in OCRS or AWoL with the wrong skills taken. Regardless of how you failed the fight, whether it was due to not actually starting it or because of some other factor causing failure, BCA should survive it better now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Eww, people actually use the random food generator code? Weird. ;)

In my case, it was because of losing the fight in OCRS or AWoL with the wrong skills taken. Regardless of how you failed the fight, whether it was due to not actually starting it or because of some other factor causing failure, BCA should survive it better now.

The food generation seemed to be A Good Idea at the Time. Perhaps in the interest of reducing complexity it should be deprecated and then removed?

To be clear, I think the log shows that the character never entered the fight, so a discussion about how to win the fight has no bearing on the issue. Hopefully this is a moot point since you actually adopted the quest setting a couple of minutes before I finished the post.

Theraze

Meh, if you want to randomly make food or drink at unexpected times, far be it from me to stop you. People who want it would just move the code to their always-on mood and still experience the same problems. It's just one more factor in what randomly affects some people, and one of the things that makes actually posting session logs useful. :)

Theraze

Note here to remind myself to look at it eventually - the 'untinker' quest detection code is terrible and will sometimes lead to burning all available turns trying to acquire a screwdriver which was already in inventory at the time that the script thinks you haven't started the quest. One of these days, I'll need to beef this up and make it less wretched.

Jojo Ironface

The script is now giving me "You don't have that item." after "BCC: We have completed the stage [knob]."

It started happening about a month ago. I searched the internet and this thread but I cannot seem to find the answers I seek. Any ideas?

Theraze

1) Are you using the latest daily build of mafia? If you aren't using something like r16925, update. The daily build link is at the top of this (and every) page on the forum.
2) Are you using a clean, unmodified copy of BCA? If you aren't sure, delete the script and reinstall it from SVN again. This especially goes if you might have not been up to date on mafia builds and manually tried to make the script run at some point. Say, a month ago.

Theraze

Nope. Nothing new added that does fancy stuff in... well, how long has it been since Ed? But sometimes it might parse through items and so people delete parts of scripts (not just this one) to try to get around mafia content or image cache changes or the like. It was just basic advice I would/did give to anyone who is apparently the only one with an unique problem that nobody else has. Whether due to out of date mafia or manually editing the script, something is different. Probably.

Jojo Ironface

I tried 3-4 different versions but I am sure it's not the latest anymore. Currently I am using 16896. I will download the newest version into a new folder and run it clean. Thanks for the responses.

Boometh

I encountered a stop in the script - I don't know if it's intentional or accidental or what. In reference to the first post of this entire thread, I am in softcore, so that could have something to do with it. But alas, I want to draw attention to it in the case that it IS accidental.

Here is my CLI text:

******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the KoLMafia thread with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Also ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up.

BCC: Ensuring that warnings that you don't have enough stats are disabled.
You are in softcore. The script behaves differently for softcore and requires you to follow the small number of instructions in the following page - http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963
Ascending Starting
Conditions list cleared.
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage Trapper
BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
BCC: levelMe(68, true) called.
Level 9 Starting
BCC: You don't have a wand, or it's not safe to use one. No Zapping for you.
BCC: We have completed the stage [chasm].
BCC: levelMe(85, true) called.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 85 base Primestat
BCC: Maximizing ''
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 0 / 0 / 322
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
Set mood trigger: When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
BCC: Need items!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder, cast 1 The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Singer's Faithful Ocelot, cast 1 Singer's Faithful Ocelot
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'Reagnimated Gnome' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'Coffee Pixie' where x=4
Checking for familiar 'Attention-Deficit Demon' where x=5
Checking for familiar 'Jitterbug' where x=6
Checking for familiar 'Casagnova Gnome' where x=7
Checking for familiar 'Psychedelic Bear' where x=8
Checking for familiar 'Angry Jung Man' where x=9
Checking for familiar 'Blavious Kloop' where x=10
Checking for familiar 'Adventurous Spelunker' where x=11
Checking for familiar 'Green Pixie' where x=12
Checking for familiar 'Gelatinous Cubeling' where x=13
I need 85 base moxie
BCC: Attempting to get clovers to level with. (Don't worry - if don't want to use them to level, we won't).
BCC: We've already got Clovers Today
BCC: We've already got Clovers Today
BCC: Going to use clovers to level.
Using 2 ten-leaf clover...
You acquire disassembled clover (2)
Finished using 2 ten-leaf clover.
BCC: We have 3 clovers and are using one to level.
Using 1 disassembled clover...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Finished using 1 disassembled clover.
BCC: We have 2 clovers and are using one to level.
Using 1 disassembled clover...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Finished using 1 disassembled clover.
Conditions list cleared.
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'slimeling' where x=2
Checking for familiar 'Reagnimated Gnome' where x=3
Checking for familiar 'Coffee Pixie' where x=4
Checking for familiar 'Attention-Deficit Demon' where x=5
Checking for familiar 'Jitterbug' where x=6
Checking for familiar 'Casagnova Gnome' where x=7
Checking for familiar 'Psychedelic Bear' where x=8
Checking for familiar 'Angry Jung Man' where x=9
Checking for familiar 'Blavious Kloop' where x=10
Checking for familiar 'Adventurous Spelunker' where x=11
Checking for familiar 'Green Pixie' where x=12
Checking for familiar 'Gelatinous Cubeling' where x=13
Mood swing complete.

That area is not available.

BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

> condition check

Conditions list validated against available items.

I believe that the script is having an issue because I am not high enough level to start the L10 quest, and cannot go for clover adventures in the haunted ballroom, as it is walled off by the (still unfinished) Lady Spookyraven quest chain.

However, I am at least strong enough to continue the Lady Spookyraven fetch quest - shouldn't it be tidying up all unfinished quests before going into clover adventures for stats?

Alas, I was able to move on, but I just figured it may be worth noting.

Theraze

Most likely, you keep running the script with over 14 inebriety, which makes it skip the billiard unluck, which makes it unable to do the library unlock, which makes it unable to continue on to unlocking the second floor.

Either complete the billiard room manually or run the script with less than 15 inebriety at least once at or above level 5. Your choice.

Doing a The Source ascension and BCA stops when attempting The Hidden City. It attempts to equip the Ancient Machete, which requires base muscle of 62. At 53 muscle, that would take a bit of powerleveling. So, I changed line 4979 from
Code:
		equip($slot[weapon], $item[antique machete]);
to
Code:
		if (my_basestat($stat[muscle])>62) {equip($slot[weapon], $item[antique machete]);}

You have to equip the machete to do the hidden city so changing that line is a moot point.
The other fix to this automated script would be to correct the order of when BCA tackles the hidden city. I don't know if doing that would save the 15 turn or not. Can one power level muscle from 53 to 62 in under 15 turns?

Dankia_Talos

Doesn't seem to check familiars properly for backfarming low level areas. Elemental gravy fairies aren't checked at all before the standard one. It also failed to use any of the Mr. Store +item familiars I have. It might believe I'm under Standard restrictions, when I am decidedly not, but that might be a mafia thing, not a bcasc thing.

Pertinent info: max weight Sleazy fairy, dropped The Source path a short time ago, mafia doesn't seem to register having dropped the path and not gotten Standard from it.

Logged out of Mafia, logged back in, works correctly. Please feel free to disregard this post.

Last edited:

bugmenot2

still running into the script wasting hundreds of adv in the boiler room, because it doesn't equip the unstable fulminate.
Anyone else?

Theraze

Nope. Equips for me. Are you doing something silly like telling it that you want to control all equipment and then not controlling your equipment?

bugmenot2

no, I allow it to control equipment;

i searched this thread here before posting, I think I don't have silly settings :/
But I'll check again.
I'm running it in softcore, but I think I had the problem in hc too.

thanks for the feedback anyway!!!

(I think it should update via svn, but maybe I start by uninstalling/reinstalling the script?! )