Bug - Fixed Bug - Dreadful Vampire Suit breaks MP count

Mutantopia

Putting on the complete Dreadful Vampire Suit (Drunkula's outfit) from the Gear Changer causes this log message:

34061081180957418055735996 is out of range, returning 0

In addition, mafia reports 5996/5996 HP and 0 / 5996 MP. In reality I have 2529/2734 MP. 5996 is likely the correct figure for max health. It is also the last 4 digits of the error number.

Mafia thinks I have 0 MP, so it'll try to restore MP and fail if I try to cast spells or whatever. I am a TT (the outfit is meant for Saucerors).

Removing any piece of the outfit restores correct behavior.

mafia build tested: 12574

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just tried this and nothing like you described happened to me. I am an SC.
I am interested to see your charpane.
DEBUG log, please?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Fascinating. You have the following thing on your charpane which I do not have:

Code:
<center class=tiny>Outfit: <span style='cursor: hand; cursor: pointer;' onClick='outfit("100");'>Dreadful Vampire Suit</span></center>
That is right in front of the stats - which, for you, all get concatenated into not-a-number.

I assume there is a new setting which shows the outfit which we do not expect to see when parsing the charpane. Yes, I enabled that item, put on the Dreadful Vampire Suit, refreshed the charpane, and I still have no problem.

Continuing to investigate.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, this is hilarious. We have a pattern to find MP which looks for "mp.gif" to signal where to start parsing.
When you wear the Dreadful Vampire suit, with outfits displayed, there is a "dvoutfitvamp.gif" in your charpane.
When I wear it, there is "dvoutfitvamp_f.gif".

I can fix this.