Feature - Implemented Bring back the dev server login option

gemelli

... please?

I realize that there is a very small number of people affected by this change. And that as one of that very small number, this is a selfish, selfish thing for me to request. And yet, here I am :)

Since the option for logging in on the dev server was removed, I tend to play most of my turns on the live server. Which is fine, but it gives me less of an opportunity to evaluate how new content/mechanics/etc. might affect Mafia.

I think you folks do a perfectly good job of adapting to the game's ebbs and flows without these occasional heads-upses. But if you can give me a way to use Mafia on the dev server again, I'd be most grateful just the same.

Thanks!

gemelli

That man is off my Xmas card list :)

If the feature can't come back in the UI, is there something I can set in my preferences file to have Mafia favor the dev server?

roippi

Developer
Heh, !pants asked me about this a week or so ago.

Yes, you can change what server mafia tries to connect to in the CLI:

set defaultLoginServer=0 should try to login to devproxy. Switching it back to =1 will go back to non-dev.

That doesn't mean that we can't provide a checkbox that will do that switching for you. But until we make that checkbox, that's how you do it manually.

Theraze

Interestingly, adding this option actually shrunk the size of my login window on Win 7 with 64-bit Java 1.7.01 significantly... by something in the range of 1/3rd. :) Not complaining, it just got big in one of the refactorings and this update shrunk it back down to around its prior size.

Winterbay

Mine has been small for a while now. It is also no longer a square, but a rectangle which is slightly disturbing to my esthetic senses :)

roippi

Developer
Interestingly, adding this option actually shrunk the size of my login window on Win 7 with 64-bit Java 1.7.01 significantly... by something in the range of 1/3rd. :) Not complaining, it just got big in one of the refactorings and this update shrunk it back down to around its prior size.

Hola split off the proxy stuff to a new tab, so it all packs into a smaller volume now. The login frame can get a preferredSize if it bugs people.