New Content - Implemented Bounty Hunter Change

Darzil

Developer
r13575 (and a several versions before it) - impossible to autoadventure in any zone. Mafia aborts after the first adventure in a zone with a debug log. The account has a currently unfinished bounty task and I suspect it's the reason causing this.

What do you have as your current information in : currentSpecialBountyItem ? (ie what does typing "get currentSpecialBountyItem" on the CLI result in ?

Ensiferum

What do you have as your current information in : currentSpecialBountyItem ?
No idea as I completed them manually, but testing with another account last night proved that it was definitely related to the special bounties from Psychoses jars.

However, all seems to be working fine now so thanks for figuring it out.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Also making a note that we'll want to be able to foreach (or enumerate multiple) $bounties[].

$bountys[] already works (without any extra work being done). I wouldn't even know where to begin with making $bounties[] work the same, but I doubt that any implementation would make the current one stop working, so it should be safe to use in scripts.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Not that I think we should worry about coding for it now, but I now expect Jick to give us a reason to add a $cookie[] data type eventually.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That would be annoying. My code would make "cookies" look for for the "cooky" base type - and the previous code would look for the "cooki" base type (a la "classes" to "class"). Neither would work. :)

Bale

Minion
I'd like to request that you add another field to $bounty[]. location, please! It is nice to know the monster, but getting a location from the name of a monster, while not impossible, is kinda unwieldy. It would be quire helpful if the location was simply provided along with the rest of the bounty info.

TIA!

Darzil

Developer
I'd like to request that you add another field to $bounty[]. location, please! It is nice to know the monster, but getting a location from the name of a monster, while not impossible, is kinda unwieldy. It would be quire helpful if the location was simply provided along with the rest of the bounty info.

What would you want to be in that location? If you mean the location given on the bounty hunter page, that is sometimes a container rather than an adventuring location (eg Hidden City). I guess just the location that AdventureDatabase holds (which is the first location it comes across containing that monster, rather than necessarily the best)?

Bale

Minion
What would you want to be in that location? If you mean the location given on the bounty hunter page, that is sometimes a container rather than an adventuring location (eg Hidden City). I guess just the location that AdventureDatabase holds (which is the first location it comes across containing that monster, rather than necessarily the best)?

If it is more than 1 location that has the monster, I think the best would be best. Unless there is a reason you'd prefer the first?

Darzil

Developer
If it is more than 1 location that has the monster, I think the best would be best. Unless there is a reason you'd prefer the first?

The first is just what the old code does. I might code the location into the datafile, as that is easier, especially with things like non-combats that can result in a fight with the monster.

Theraze

Also noticed today that bounty.monster is currently a string rather than a monster. Could this be datatype monster instead? I can't think of any good reasons to keep using datatype string for this... well, besides that it's easier. :)

Darzil

Developer
r13604 successfully puts +1 filthy lucre as the goal when you are on a bounty that drops in that area, as the old bounties did.

Anything else left ? (other than adding new bounties as they occur)

Theraze

It's kind of odd, but any chance we could replicate KoLs own names for the bounty types? They use low, high, and special, rather than the visible easy, hard, and special, for the html/action codes. If we use those as our names, we could use ("action=take"+bounty.type) to take bounties, and ("action=giveup_"+substring(bounty.type, 0, 3)) for dropping bounties. We could make ourselves functions to convert those over, but there don't really seem to be any great reasons for the current types besides that it's the visible.

Darzil

Developer
You want me to use the names that KoL uses over those the players sees. I disagree, personally.

I guess I could add a bounty.internal_type that gives the internal values of type, so that lookup is only needed once.

xKiv

I would go even further and use .kol_internal_type, to make it obvious that it isn't *mafia's* internal type.

Theraze

Sure, as long as we can get to it. Or even .kol_type, but... as long as we can get to it somehow, that would be nice.