New Content - Implemented Blackbird/Crow in CoT

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10466.

They are obviously tweaking familiars in the Crown of Thrones. When I need to spend some time in aftercore, I run with my adorable seal larva in my CoT, collecting elemental nuggets. Up to a week ago or so, I'd get one nugget per combat. When I donned the crown last night for the first time since I finished my recent run, I was surprised to frequently get two nuggets per combat.

I wonder what else has changed?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Really? I need to check on that and possibly update my throne familiar-picking script then. Especially since I left out the seal larva, assuming it would always be worse than one of the elemental gravy fairies.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is from my session log:

[1360] The Barracks
Encounter: sleepy mariachi
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 1: Veracity tries to steal an item!
Round 2: Infernal Grrl tosses you a clump of nuggets. I don't know where they came from, and I'm not going to ask.
You acquire an item: hot nuggets
Round 2: Veracity casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: Infernal Grrl tosses you a clump of nuggets. I don't know where they came from, and I'm not going to ask.
You acquire an item: cold nuggets
Round 3: Veracity casts SAUCEGEYSER!
Round 4: sleepy mariachi takes 98 damage.
Round 4: Veracity casts SAUCEGEYSER!
Round 5: sleepy mariachi takes 95 damage.
Round 5: Veracity wins the fight!
After Battle: Infernal Grrl surveys the scene from atop the throne, and gains 1 Experience.
After Battle: Jiggly Grrl flits around like a hummingbird on crack, helping you pick stuff up.
You acquire an item: spangly mariachi pants
You gain 2 Fortitude
You gain 13 Mysteriousness
You gain 20 Cheek

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I left out the seal larva, assuming it would always be worse than one of the elemental gravy fairies.
Not that I know anything, but the Wiki says the elemental fairies give a nugget once per combat and the adorable seal larva has a 35% chance (per round) of dropping a nugget. Since my aftercore CCS stasises for 10 rounds with a seal tooth before putting the smack on the monster, I pretty much see an elemental nugget every single combat - and I like the fact that I get all 5 kinds, rather than having to switch among five familiars to get all five kinds.

I just ran 100 turns today stasising like that and I got exactly one nuggets per combat. I wonder if last night's experience was a fluke - or an error which has been fixed server side. My eyes - and my session logs - don't lie, but it looks like its back to the old behavior.