Feature - Implemented Black Market is both an NPC store and a Coin Master

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The Wickerbits thread reminded me of this.

shop.php?whichshop=blackmarket

As an NPC store, you can buy a Red Zeppelin ticket for 5,000 Meat:

shop.php?whichshop=blackmarket&action=buyitem&quantity=1&whichrow=289&pwd

As a Coinmaster, you can buy a Red Zeppelin ticket for 1 priceless diamond

shop.php?whichshop=blackmarket&action=buyitem&quantity=1&whichrow=290&pwd

I am relieved that they have different "whichrow" values.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ooh. I should be able to use this to test the new code I created for the ArmoryAndLeggery, which is, similarly, both an NPC store and a Coinmaster.

One wrinkle: the Red Zeppelin ticket is a Quest Item and once you have one, it is no longer in the store.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 17400 lets you buy a Red Zeppelin ticket at The Black Market using either 5,000 Meat or 1 priceless diamond. I tested with each on two different characters - and also adjusted the parseResponse method of the Armory & Leggery in accordance with what I learned.

The Coinmaster for The Black Market will (correctly) not show the Red Zeppelin ticket as available if you already have one.

However, I think you can still attempt to buy it via coinmaster or NPC via the Purchases frame or the Create tab of the Item Manager or via scripting. Ditto for spare kidney and forged identification documents, each of which is also a once per ascension Quest Item. For that matter, the Purchase tab shows "unlimited" available of Red Zeppelin ticket and forged identification documents and doesn't show spare kidney at all.

All that is probably worth putting in a new Bug Report.

Bale

Minion
Ooh. I should be able to use this to test the new code I created for the ArmoryAndLeggery, which is, similarly, both an NPC store and a Coinmaster.

It feels good when things come together like that so you can re-use your efforts.