Feature Better highlighting of failure when casting buffs (ode in particular)

antimarty

Mafia doesn't complain much when I cast ode and "Selected target has the maximum number of AT buffs already." I routinely cast ode from the cli, miss the reply, and then go drinking from the relay browser. I've probably lost hundreds of adventures this way.

Can mafia at least highlight the failure with some red text, or turning the GUI side panel red?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This looks like it just requires adding
Code:
StaticEntity.setContinuationState( MafiaState.ABORT );
to UseSkillRequest when seeing that failure message starting with "You" (since there shouldn't be an abort if it's someone else that has too many songs for you to buff them). That in turn means checking for the message twice basically, which is also simple. Is there any reason to not change this?

Crowther

I don't do it any more, but I used to have scripts to buff others. I don't want them to abort when that type of buff fails. Although it is quite likely I added that feature myself for all buffs. It was years ago and I remember something like that.

Anyway, you might not want to abort buff bots?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't do it any more, but I used to have scripts to buff others. I don't want them to abort when that type of buff fails. Although it is quite likely I added that feature myself for all buffs. It was years ago and I remember something like that.

Anyway, you might not want to abort buff bots?

Right, I explicitly mentioned that I wouldn't want to abort for failing to buff others.