Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

slyz

Developer
I hate to nitpick, but shouldn't you check for Double-Fisted Skull Smashing instead of Ambidextrous Funkslinging?

Winterbay

What is so cool with the bar-skin whip that you want to check for it? The only thin I ever do with my barskins are bucklers...

Bale

Minion
What is so cool with the bar-skin whip that you want to check for it? The only thin I ever do with my barskins are bucklers...

I sometimes like to have the extra familiar weight. Bucklers are good also though. (I wasn't thinking of it since I usually have a bricko bulwark lately.) Should it be added to the list of reasons to closet your bar skins rather than make 75 meat?

Winterbay

At least if you are running BCC's little script it likes you to have a shield and the barskin buckler is the first and easiest to make I think. I think it would be nice to have mafia keep one for me, but then I don't create a whip so would have enough barskins if it closeted one for that reason :)

Bale

Minion
I guess then, this looks better:

PHP:
		int need_bar = - closet_amount($item[bar skin]);
		if(have_skill($skill[Armorcraftiness]))
			need_bar += 1 - available_amount($item[barskin buckler]);
		if(have_skill($skill[Super-Advanced Meatsmithing]))
			need_bar += have_skill($skill[Double-Fisted Skull Smashing])? 2: 1 - available_amount($item[bar whip]);
		if(need_bar > 0 && item_amount($item[bar skin]) > 0)
			put_closet(min(item_amount($item[bar skin]), need_bar), $item[bar skin]);

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Dang. Do I ever stop posting stuff in this thread?!

Here's a little something I'm playing around with now. I'm curious for feedback. It's sometimes troublesome to have to trade tokens for tickets before mafia will acquire coffee pixie sticks. This decides if there's any reason to play skeeball for tickets and then skeeballs for me so that they're available in case I want them.

PHP:
void skeeball() {
	if(can_interact() || item_amount($item[Game Grid token]) < 1) return;
	int count_spleen = item_amount($item[Game Grid ticket])/ 10;
	foreach key in $items[Not-a-pipe, Glimmering roc feather, Agua de vida, coffee pixie stick]
		count_spleen += item_amount(key);
	if(count_spleen < ((spleen_limit() - my_spleen_use())/ 4))
		for i from 1 to min((spleen_limit() - my_spleen_use())/ 4- count_spleen, item_amount($item[Game Grid token]))
			visit_url("arcade.php?action=skeeball&pwd");
}

The following is (mostly) old material, so feel free to skip it: To recap my Spook Forest section, since it is in several posts...

PHP:
	boolean need_temple() {
		if(item_amount($item[mosquito larva]) > 0) return true;
		foreach key in $items[tree-holed coin, spooky sapling, Spooky Temple map, Spooky-Gro fertilizer]
			if(is_goal(key)) return true;
		return false;
	}

PHP:
	case $location[spooky forest]:
			need_bar += have_skill($skill[Double-Fisted Skull Smashing])? 2: 1 - available_amount($item[bar whip]);
		int closet_bar = min(item_amount($item[bar skin]), need_bar);
		if(closet_bar > 0) {
			vprint("Closeting "+closet_bar+" bar skin"+(closet_bar > 1? "s": ""), "olive", 3);
			put_closet(closet_bar, $item[bar skin]);
		}

if(is_goal($item[mosquito larva])) {
			friendlyset(502, 2, "Get mosquito larva");
			friendlyset(505, 1, "Get mosquito larva");
			friendlyset(507, 1, "Get mosquito larva");
			return;
		}
		// Unlock Hidden Temple
		if(hidden_temple_unlocked()) return;
		if(need_temple() && item_amount($item[tree-holed coin]) < 1 && item_amount($item[spooky temple map]) < 1) {
			friendlyset(502, 2,"Get tree-holed coin.");
			friendlyset(505, 2,"Get tree-holed coin.");
		} else if(item_amount($item[tree-holed coin]) > 0) {
			friendlyset(502, 3,"Get spooky temple map.");
			friendlyset(506, 3,"Get spooky temple map.");
			friendlyset(507, 1,"Get spooky temple map.");
		} else if(item_amount($item[spooky temple map]) > 0) {
			if(item_amount($item[Spooky-Gro fertilizer]) < 1) {
				friendlyset(502, 3,"Get Spooky-Gro fertilizer.");
				friendlyset(506, 2,"Get Spooky-Gro fertilizer.");
			} else if(item_amount($item[spooky sapling]) < 1) {
				friendlyset(502, 1,"Get spooky sapling.");
				friendlyset(503, 3,"Get spooky sapling.");
				friendlyset(504, 3,"Get spooky sapling.");
			} else {
				use(1, $item[spooky temple map]);
				vprint("The Hidden Temple has been found!", "blue", 1);
			}
		}
		return;

Last edited:

shazbot

Not sure if this has been reported (or if this will be fixed with batman coming since this seems to be Zarqon's new focus), but if BBB changes your familiar, and your adventuring aborts, it will try to change your gear to your former familiar's equipment and that hit another error (and therefor not change your familiar back to the original as well). Not earth-shattering, but still something.

zarqon

2.3 Updates

Okay, spun an update today. BBB now clears checkpoints any time it swaps familiars. It's been a while, so there have been several other bits I've added. I also included all of Bale's previously posted goodies except the bit with the hipster, because I don't know enough about that to decide if it's inhibitive to anyone's playstyle.

I am introducing a new "reactions" section to this script, which so far has only a couple items in it. This is for situations where you want to 1) adventure somewhere, 2) do something as a reaction to a particular encounter / combat results, and then 3) keep adventuring there. So far all it does is:
  • turn in, then recollect Fernswarthy's key to your guild after getting it.
  • if you get the screwdriver, turn it in to the Untinker.

I'm hoping this section can get fleshed out a bit more -- at which point it will merit its own function, and possibly its own setting to toggle it on/off. It could conceivably be a very helpful section of the script.

jwylot

Line 419 switch (have_effect($effect[eau xde tortue])) {

should be

switch (have_effect($effect[eau de tortue])) {

Thanks for the quick fix btw :)

Bale

Minion
I also included all of Bale's previously posted goodies except the bit with the hipster, because I don't know enough about that to decide if it's inhibitive to anyone's playstyle.

I'm not sure if it was an oversight or on purpose, but you also didn't include barskin closeting in the Spooky Forest handling:

PHP:
		int closet_bar = min(item_amount($item[bar skin]), need_bar);
		if(closet_bar > 0) {
			vprint("Closeting "+closet_bar+" bar skin"+(closet_bar > 1? "s": ""), "olive", 3);
			put_closet(closet_bar, $item[bar skin]);
		}

shazbot

I think your switch for familiars now stops switching BACK to your familiar once you get your fam items. At the very least, now if you abort or accomplish your goal without getting all your familiar items, it will not change your familiar back. So in my circumstances, I was doing different adventures with my green pixie. I eventually adventured in pandamonium slums when I got my 5th tiny bottle of absinthe and it continued to adventure without switching back to the Stocking Mimic that I started out my initial adventure set with (but did not start adventuring in pandamonium with my stocking). I have not been able to test what would happen if I had my primary familiar set before the adventure set that netted my 5th bottle of absinthe.

EDIT: Confirmed. I had Stocking when I began adventuring and in middle of the adventure set I received my fifth bottle of absinthe and it kept adventuring with my pixie (which it switched to) after I did.

Last edited:

Theraze

I think Bale has implemented the new property you'd talked about into CC. Would it be possible to have an official BBB version that uses this, or should I keep using homebrew for now? :)

Theraze

Oh...

[whisper]Sorry about that. Didn't mean to be a bother. I'll try to come back when he wakes up.[/whisper]

zarqon

Eh? What's all this?

Updated. Also added Bale's auto-bar-skin-closeting, but only if the choiceadvs are set to get a spooky sapling.

Related: I could have sworn ASH had an equippable_amount( item ), returning the number of that item which your character can equip, taking into consideration dual-wielding and Hand/Hatrack. Was I only dreaming this?

@shazbot: You can't have it both ways. Actually, it was never part of the original design for BBB to switch back to your original familiar. That was something extra that mafia did and I rather liked. But avoiding familiar equipment-swapping errors requires stamping out that extra mafia functionality.

Another reason I don't want to mess any more with this is that I'm considering trying to code the "optimal familiar flowcharts" linked to elsewhere (at work and don't have time to hunt them down) into BBB eventually, which would replace this spleen-items-only functionality and would obviate this "switching back" problem. But that's a pretty big chunk to bite off, in addition to opening the door to a slew of people complaining about playstyle issues and the familiar selection logic. The good news is that as always, the complaints would lead to optimized, versatile code. The bad news is that I would have to read lots of complaints. The default for that would be off, just like the current spleen familiar swapping.

Bale

Minion
Updated. Also added Bale's auto-bar-skin-closeting, but only if the choiceadvs are set to get a spooky sapling.
Ah. An improvement!

Related: I could have sworn ASH had an equippable_amount( item ), returning the number of that item which your character can equip, taking into consideration dual-wielding and Hand/Hatrack. Was I only dreaming this?
That was a nice dream. Maybe you were planning to add that to zlib.