New Content - Implemented Belch the Rainbow

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Apparently it is confirmed that you can eat a maximum of 11 beautiful rainbows. The Wiki gives consumption messages:

First time:

You taste the rainbow, and before you know it you've eaten the entire thing.
You acquire a skill: Rrainbow.gif Belch The Rainbow

Subsequent times:

You taste the rainbow, and before you know it you've eaten the entire thing.

Twelfth time:

You can't handle any more rainbows.

- Presumably it is not consumed if you already have used 11
- Only the first time gives you a "You acquire a skill" message.
- The Rainbow Belch skill is a combat skill and therefore has no entry in modifiers.txt. But consult scripts might like to know that this 5 MP skill does from 1 to 11 prismatic damage, depending on how much you've built it up.
- The description of the skill simply says "Inflict a rainbow of elemental damage" regardless of how potent it is, so you cannot use that to figure it out.

We should have a setting - rainbowsEaten, or something - which UseItemRequest will update appropriately. (It should also only remove the beautiful rainbow from inventory if you succeed in eating it.) Unfortunately, the skill description doesn't change, so we can't automatically update that if you look at the skill description, as we do with the slime skills.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The setting used is skillLevel117. There's code in UseItemRequest to call learnSkill, and based on my current value for skillLevel117 it's working even when you already have the skill permed. It looks like it should handle failing to use the item too, though using it when you don't currently have the skill and it's already up to 11 probably isn't handled. I just added that part in 14518.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Excellent. I just looked at the code, and I think I'd prefer a little more specialized handling of this particular item/skill (and I may do that), but you could just mark this implemented. Thanks!