New Content - Implemented Bees Hate You

Bale

Minion
The consumption manager doesn't need a checkbox. Just don't show stuff that has a b when it is scary.

slyz

Developer
I was thinking of the Creatable section, that already has the "requires in-a-boxes", "repair on explosion" and "use closet" checkboxes.

muczachan

Thanks for the quick changes. I'll try to have a good hard look at CreateItemPanel.java to see if I can add this feature:
  • Add a "don't show items with b" checkbox in the item manager, and in the Creatable section.

Actually there is at least one creatable item with a 'b' that is still useful (just checked).

If you have access to Knoll shops, you can still create the bitchin' meatcar for beach access.

slyz

Developer
This is a lot more complicated than what I was expecting.

I started to understand how the filters work, but I can't think of a good solution GUI-wise.

I think I'll start looking at how to hide 'b' items from the Useable section instead.

slyz

Developer
Well, that was a little bit simpler. This patch removes food/booze/spleen items with a 'b' in them from the "Usable" food/booze/spleen section in the Item Manager panel. At least people who use the GUI to enqueue and make/consume won't be tempted to add 'b' items to the queue.

I think some sort of "this items contains THAT MANY b's" function would be useful for Mafia internal workings. Or, since these challenges look like they are going to change every 3 or so months, maybe a more general function to deal with these kinds of path.

We will have to wait and see if these challenge paths follow some sort of logic, but maybe trying to group all the Bee changes together now could be helpful later on.

Attachments

• noBeeEnqueuPanel.patch
    899 bytes · Views: 24

Theraze

Since they all involve the bee path check, wouldn't searching for that allow for easily finding all of the bee related bits? Or am I oversimplifying it?

Ruduen

I think Softcore Beecore also messes up the Modifier Maximizer in some way. I don't have a pure softcore in-ronin account to test other possibilities, but using a fresh install of r9313, it gets stuck on the "Maximizing" status whenever I try to include storage in maximization.

slyz

Developer
I don't think this has anything to do with the Bees. Perhaps you should create a new Bug thread?

Winterbay

New items and effects:

Code:
Unknown item found: honeypot (5145, 721302772)
--------------------
5145     honeypot multiple display 30
5145 721302772 honeypot.gif honeypot
honeypot     Effect: "Float Like a Butterfly, Smell Like a Bee", Effect Duration: 100
--------------------

You acquire an effect: Float Like a Butterfly, Smell Like a Bee (duration:     100 Adventures)
--------------------
845 Float Like a Butterfly,     Smell Like a Bee beeicon.gif f5abc8e8bdf72c01025050b42d657d75
# Float     Like a Butterfly, Smell Like a Bee: Bzzzzzz
--------------------

Unknown item found: handful of honey (5144, 159319161)
--------------------
5144 handful of honey usable all 0
5144 159319161 honeyglob.gif handful of honey
# handful of honey
--------------------

matt.chugg

That's why I was thinking of a checkbox, and not a systematic filter.

is it worth it?

Its a "challenge" path, in fact its the summer 2011 challenge path, there will most likely be a new challenge path by september and all the b(ee) stuff added to the gui would need to be undone, although until we know what the next challenge path is, we don't know how much code is re-usable!

Just my trivial thoughts!!!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
These challenge paths will be around forever, they just won't have any special reward in the future.

If the checkbox only shows up when you're in a Bee run, then that seems fine. Otherwise it will be clutter the majority of the time.

charred

i am just throwing out an idea. dont even know if its even possible, but if it is possible, it might be the easiest. would it be possible to have it so if you typed -b into the filter box it could filter out everything that has a b in it? if its possible to set up you wouldnt need any new checkboxes or anything.

Idran

Revision 9310 does clover protection in BeeCore via closeting clovers, rather disassembling them.

Would it be possible to extend this to the relay browser clover protection screen? I already had to smack myself after accidentally clicking the "disassemble" icon on the wrong adventure out of habit. Last clover in the Hermit for that day at that. :p

DoctorRotelle

Developer
Clicking on the throne room in Bees Hate You path:

Putting on outfit: Knob Goblin Harem Girl Disguise
Equipment changed.
Using 1 Knob Goblin perfume...
You are too scared of Bs

[457] Throne Room
Encounter: Inside Cobb's Knob
You lose 10 hit points

I even had the Knob cake in my inventory. Perhaps we should disable this in beecore or when you have the cake.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If it's that type of filtering, I suggest c=bee (c for challenge), to be the same style as #=10 and $=125.
Revision 9336 adds "Not" filtering:

!=b -> will show anything that does NOT have "b" in it.
!=pie -> will show anything that does NOT have "pie" in it

slyz

Developer
This patch removes food/booze/spleen items with a 'b' in them from the "Usable" food/booze/spleen section in the Item Manager panel.
I'm pretty sure there is a better way to do this, but I don't really understand how to do it.

The consumption queue panels work with the list given by ConcoctionDatabase.usableList. This list is created when doing ConcoctionDatabase.refreshConcoctions():
PHP:
ConcoctionDatabase.usableList.updateFilter( changeDetected );
ConcoctionDatabase.usableList.sort();
I can't seem to find the filter that is used by updateFilter(), but I guess a change in that filter could go a long way.

Although it won't remove 'b' items from any Item Manager list, a change in UseItemRequest.maximumUses() would prevent server hits by adding something like this:
PHP:
String itemName = ItemDatabase.getItemName( itemId );

if ( KoLCharacter.inBeecore() && itemName.toLowerCase().indexOf( "b" ) != -1 )
{
	UseItemRequest.limiter = "bees";
	return 0;
}
Results in:
Code:
> use 1 briefcase

(usable quantity of briefcase is limited to 0 by bees)

Attachments

• BeeUsing.patch
    898 bytes · Views: 17