Bug - Fixed BeeCore not correctly recognized immediately after ascending.

nworbetan

I ascended into a Bees Hate You path last night using r9313, and both of my clovers ended up disassembled. My gut is telling me that the real culprit is lag, but I think it would be prudent if mafia's default clover protection behavior was the closet, but switched back to disassembling them if it was 100% sure you're not in a Bees Hate You path. You know, better safe than sorry, and all that.

Theraze

That's already the case... except possibly with the clovers from ascension itself.

Clovers gained during the actual ascension do all go into the closet. Though yes, it did disassemble my ascension clovers, but I figured that was due to my postAscension script. Just checked and it didn't actually have anything in there, so it does appear that the initial clovers have incorrect behaviour.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
"Both of my clovers"? "My ascension clovers"? Inside the Letter from King Ralph is a disassembled clover. Are you saying that in BeeCore your letter contains more than one clover and they are not disassembled, but KoLmafia disassembles them?

How odd. Clover Protection does not come into play from item usage except, specifically, for the 31337 scroll.

And KoLmafia IS 100% certain whether you are on the Bees Hate You path, since api.php tells you that and that is the very first request KoLmafia makes when it refreshes your session after you return from Valhalla.

I have no idea what to make of this report.

Theraze

True, my session logfile says this:
tutorial.php?action=toot&pwd
You acquire an item: letter from King Ralph XI
use 1 letter from King Ralph XI
You acquire an item: pork elf goodies sack
You acquire an item: disassembled clover
I think that it's all working properly then. And I did get another clover from the barrels later that got put into the closet, I was just thinking that nworbetan was right with the multiple cloverings, while I see in the log that it was a singular event. Ah well. Sorry for adding to confusion, Veracity. :( I think it can be closed with not a bug, as the issue is KoL itself taunting you, not mafia behaving badly.

nworbetan

"Both of my clovers"?

I apologize for my lack of clarity. When I said "both of my clovers" I should have only mentioned the one I bought from the hermit, since the other clover was disassembled to begin with. To be even more clear: mafia disassembled the ten-leaf clover I bought from the hermit. :p

And KoLmafia IS 100% certain whether you are on the Bees Hate You path, since api.php tells you that and that is the very first request KoLmafia makes when it refreshes your session after you return from Valhalla.

And this is why I suspect lag was involved. It just seems like the most likely reason why mafia didn't know that I'm in a Bees Hate You path. But that's just a gut reaction, of course.

Theraze

What I got was this:
[71] Barrel Full of Barrels
Encounter: Barrel Smash
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
add to closet: 1 ten-leaf clover
If lag caused the problem, easy to fix... log in again. And you can use my_path() to see what mafia currently 'knows' your path as, if you're feeling paranoid. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Type this in the CLI:

ash my_path()

I will be testing ascending into BeeCore pretty soon, myself. I expect KoLmafia to know my path immediately. If not, I will investigate.

Last edited:

nworbetan

I wish I had thought of doing that last night before I logged out. It returned the expected today though:

Returned: Bees Hate You

nworbetan

I understand double posting is bad form, but I just duplicated this bug. My multi just started a Bees Hate You run, and...

05/19/11 03:58:15 PM - Welcome back to the Kingdom of Loathing. Noob.
You acquire an item: letter from King Ralph XI
You acquire an item: pork elf goodies sack
You acquire an item: disassembled clover
You acquire an item: hamethyst
You acquire an item: baconstone
You acquire an item: porquoise
You acquire carton of astral energy drinks (3)

> ash my_path();

Returned: None

It's probably worth noting that both last night and today, on both characters, my chat had become completely unresponsive after starting my new ascension. Mafia and everything in the relay browser worked fine though, so last night I just kept on playing anyway.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, I think I have figured out the problem. We started a new ascension, including refreshing the session, when valhalla.php redirects you somewhere. Turns out, valhalla.php is now outside the pearly gates and inside it is afterlife.php. Thus, the correct time to start a new ascension is detecting when afterlife.php redirects you to main.

I just spent a couple hours making sure we handle the afterlife acceptably, including fixing that, and I started a Bees Hate You run. KoLmafia correctly detected the new ascension, logged it correctly in my session log, refreshed everything nicely, and I reappeared in the real world perfectly well with my_path() correctly reporting "Bees Hate You".

Ascension was busted but now it is fixed. Revision 9318