BatMan Relay -- more info, less clicking

zarqon

Is $N a shortcut for regex groups? That's pretty excellent.

I'm still curious what adds those key handlers to the body tag, since for me content loaded in all three cases.

Also, this release is not compatible with the CAB. It was never really intended to be, so I don't feel too bad about that. It is, however, intended to be compatible with all major browsers, so this body tag nonsense must be fixed posthaste.

Different browsers also "clean up" the HTML in various ways (which matters because the fight.ash-altered page actually re-submits itself via jQuery to BatMan RE after it loads), which in turn means I have one more update to make to BatBrain as well before this script fully works in IE. IE users may notice that there are no skills present in the Actions Table -- that will be fixed when I update BatBrain. While I had my tongs out, I also refactored build_skills() to run a matcher on the skills dropdown to add skills rather than foreaching all the skills in batfactors -- should be a bit of a speed improvement, especially for low-skilled characters. If you don't have a skills dropdown, however (i.e. you're simulating a combat) it will still foreach batfactors and check have_skill().

Thank you heeheehee and Oh Pie for the detailed reports.

Theraze

Nifty... with the hee^3 change, I see the tabs and all that fun. Thanks to both hee^3 and zarqon for the shiny tabs. :)

zarqon

Ok, the 2.1 update fixes several things. Rather than even bother with the opening body tag at all, I'm now inserting all the stuff before the body close tag, since its actual position in the document doesn't matter (it's positioned and moved around by a combination of CSS and jQuery). So no matter what alterations happen to your HTML, BMRE content should still load in there.

This fix also made the script mostly CAB-compatible again. Although the tabs seem to appear even at the end of combat, they are clickable and the KoL content doesn't display over them as previously.

While I was updating, I added your current pixel count (of red, blue, green, and white) and a link to create the digital key to the Adventure Again box when adventuring in the 8-bit Realm.

ETA: @O_Pi: ASH's appearance_rates() function was recently changed to be able to make use of mafia's new combat queue tracking. It does not account for Olfaction or banishment -- yet. But roippi plans to add that, so when he does, this BMRE feature will become even more useful. Until then, it will at least give you a good starting point for calculating when to banish, olfact, or attract a monster.

Last edited:

O_3_141592

Although the tabs seem to appear even at the end of combat, they are clickable and the KoL content doesn't display over them as previously.

Things improved. However:

- Using the CAB-CCS-button still gives no BMRE after combat.

- Using the BMRE-CCS-button the empty tabs now are displayed over the content of the fight page, making the links there unaccessible.

- The headers of the Action tab and everything in the other tabs only uses the right half of the screen. (It starts at the horizontal coordinate where the last tab selector ends.)

I'll be away from the computer for the next 10-12 hours due to RL, but hopefully can provide more details (page sources etc.) if needed for debugging after I return.

PS: I want to mention that I really like the BatMan suite of scripts and appreciate the effort you put into them. The things I reported are relatively minor from my point of view, espacially when compared to the overall usefulness of the script(s).

zarqon

There may have been an update to the DataTables plugin which would address the header alignment issue. I don't have time to check at the moment, but you could try downloading the current plugin directly from their website and see if that fixes it.

ETA: BatMan RE was using DataTables 1.9.0 and jQuery 1.7.1. I updated both of them, to DataTables 1.9.4 and jQuery 1.10.1, made the small change to fight.ash, rebundled, deleted jquery1.7.1.minified.js from the zip, and re-uploaded. Try redownloading, and if it works, we'll have ourselves a fix. I was reading the release notes for DataTables and it seems there were quite a lot of things optimized and tweaked, including several Firefox-specific fixes, so perhaps this will solve the formatting issue (which is a DataTables issue) for my Firefox users.

Also, @0_3_141592: did you try scrolling the unclickable data up so that it was above the tabs? I deliberately add space to the bottom of the page so that it will be scrollable when the tabs are occupying the bottom half of the frame.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Updated, but headers are still misaligned. No big deal; as mentioned, it's a fairly simple fix.

(unrelated note, wow, jQuery's on 1.10 now? It's really been too long.)

zarqon

I'm 95% certain the header alignment issue is a DataTables issue, since I simply output a regular table and DataTables dynamically creates the separate thead and tbody sections. Do they remain unaligned if you sort one of the columns? I ask because I have previously noticed my headers jump very slightly the first time I sorted by one of the columns.

The headers also don't appear to resize along with the window, whereas the cells do. Even despite these issues, I'm going to have to say that DataTables is still pretty great.

Also, jQuery is actually on 2.0.2 (which scraps compatibility with IE 6, 7, and 8). Since I already have enough compatibility problems, I stayed with 1.10. :)

Edit: Just updated BatBrain with the fix for IE users. Skills are now properly detected.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Just started using this (and it is nice).

Seeing the question mark images for monsters made me wonder if they are simply generated when there is no image for the monster in monsters.txt ? If so that is a good spur for me to try to update that datafile.

zarqon

Yes, if the monster lacks image filename data (accessible in $monster.image), BatMan substitutes the Possibility Giant image (question mark). As of now, the only monsters you'll see in a normal ascension setting which actually have images are a couple monsters in the Hole in the Sky. There is an open Feature request about this.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'm 95% certain the header alignment issue is a DataTables issue, since I simply output a regular table and DataTables dynamically creates the separate thead and tbody sections. Do they remain unaligned if you sort one of the columns? I ask because I have previously noticed my headers jump very slightly the first time I sorted by one of the columns.

I should probably have posted a screenshot earlier to show you what I meant by "misaligned" -- I mean that the header is shifted to the right by a non-negligible amount. Sorting didn't fix anything with the old version.

Attachments

• action.png
    action.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 71

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Double-post, but I think I've figured out what the actual cause was. For whatever reason, FF is rendering the headers on the same line as the tabs at the top. Don't feel like figuring out a proper fix at the moment; maybe tomorrow.

zarqon

Hmmm... I'd suggest explicitly changing the top/bottom padding in #battab ul li a, from where it currently says padding: 7px; to padding: 0px 7px; Or perhaps 1px 7px if that's too far. Those tabs are sticking down into your content area much further than on Opera or IE. I tested the above change in Opera/IE and it looks fine.

Another option might be position: fixed for the tabs' ul.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
None of those fixes seemed to work; however, $('#battab ul').css({margin-bottom: 6px}); did the trick (well, the equivalent change in the CSS file).

bumcheekcity

Code:
Function 'build_blacklist( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (BatMan_RE.ash, line 31)

Just ran this and got the above. Running r12204 and the latest version downloaded a second ago.

I have the current versions of BB/SS/Zlib, although I MIGHT have Winterbay's modified version of BB needed to run WHAM. I recall that updating that script caused WHAM to break. I don't know if the "official" BB version would fix this?

Bale

Minion
I have the current versions of BB/SS/Zlib, although I MIGHT have Winterbay's modified version of BB needed to run WHAM. I recall that updating that script caused WHAM to break. I don't know if the "official" BB version would fix this?

There is no longer a version of BB modified by Winterbay. They merged their fork back in April.

Winterbay

There is no longer a version of BB modified by Winterbay. They merged their fork back in April.

Well, it was more that I gave up on updating it :)
BatBrain still does not play nicely with WHAM and Zombie-skills (BatBrain has problem with some of the bear skills in zombie as well I think) but since that is not so much a thing people do any more it's not such a big deal.

Bale

Minion
I thought you gave up on updating it because zarqon added opts blacklisting and many of the other changes that you had added to your fork. I didn't realize that Zombiecore was still a problem.

Fluxxdog

Interesting bug: I was in the Barrr and noticed the custom icon. When I selected it, it said "none none none none murky potion". I guessed from the item numbers that it was going to funksling a bunch of ! potions to ID them, and it certainly worked like it should have. It would have been a bit better to see what it was actually doing though.

zarqon

As I recall, I didn't implement all of Winterbay's Zombiecore changes because they introduced a not insignificant number of checks which would slow operation for players not in Zombiecore, and I felt there was a better way. My planned Zombiecore run to work on that never materialized, however. It's still in the cards, it's just a wee bit late.

zarqon

HOLY AWESOMENESS guys, the mafia update adding monster image data makes me really happy. Look at them! Look at the monsters! All lined up, waiting their turn, like good little schoolchildren. I love it!

@Fluxxx: Haha, yes, BatMan RE doesn't currently display funkslinging commands correctly in its to_html() function. Will fix that for the SVN release.