BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

Bale

Minion
For Sorc, anyone who fails to wand-farm before the Sorc will end up losing confidence. Hopefully most people who automate will prepare for that, but...

That's why mafia reminds us to wand farm (click to continue if you really mean it) when you reach the mirror.

Bale

Minion
Also there are pvp seasons when getting the wand the NC way is the desired path.

The NC way? How do you mean that? There's hunting letters in The Valley of Rof L'm Fao and other places or else you use a single clover. What minigame encourages the hunting of XXX pr0ns?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
There's a pity NC in the Really Unquiet Garves that gives you the wand of nagamar, which the game steers you toward if you lose against the NS form 3.

Bale

Minion
Oh yeah! I remember that now! I did that back when the Tower Revamp had just happened!!

Forgot about it because it is so much less helpful that a single clover adventure. Was that a bear season minigame?

xKiv

Oh yeah! I remember that now! I did that back when the Tower Revamp had just happened!!

Forgot about it because it is so much less helpful that a single clover adventure. Was that a bear season minigame?

Yes. Grave robbery - fewest hours since the NC.

Bale

Minion
7CdOsfP.gif

remotectrl said:
Why are rescued baby bats wrapped in blankets? There are several reasons! Mother bats wrap their pups in their wings and the blankets emulate this, making the pups feel secure. It also keeps the pups warm and makes them easier for the rescuers to handle.
I'd wondered about that myself. Now I know the reason for all the bat-tacos.

Crowther

Spading for AWoL spells:
Pistolwhip: stuns and deals sixgun damage
Cowcall: Deal (62-70) + (0.4 * Mysticality) + min(turns of Cowrruption remaining, 100) Spooky Damage to your opponent
Lavafava: Deals two hits of (4-5)+floor(0.1*Mys) Hot Damage, each hit hard capped at 50 and rolled separately
Pungent Mung: Deals (sixgun damage)+(10-15)+(0.5*Mys) Stench Damage, the stench damage is hard capped at 100
Beanstorm: Deals two different elemental hits of (20-30)+(0.25*Mys), uncapped
Shoot: Does sixgun damage.
Fan Hammer: Does sixgun damage three times.
Bad Medicine: Delevels monster attack and defense by ( 10 + Medicine Level ) %. This can exceed 100% with a Medicine level greater than 90.
Good Medicine: Gain HP equal to 10 * current medicine level, and staggers opponent.

sixgun damage: (by weapon holstered)
Code:
switch(holstered) {
case $item[Pecos Dave's sixgun]:
   return 50:
case $item[hamethyst-handled sixgun]:
case $item[baconstone-handled sixgun]:
case $item[porquoise-handled sixgun]:
case $item[custom sixgun]:
   return 35:
case $item[makeshift sixgun]:
   return 25:
case $item[reliable sixgun]:
   return 20;
case $item[rinky-dink sixgun]:
   return 15;
case $item[toy sixgun]:
   return 5;
}

That damage is increased by Well-Oiled Guns. How much?

To support this I believe that mafia needs to track hostered gun, medicine level and venom level. Is that correct? Anything else needed?

I might actually (finally) make a crack at this this weekend. No promises. Any new spading information I might need?

Theraze

> ash numeric_modifier(equipped_item($slot[holster]), "Sixgun Damage")

Returned: 5.0
So sixgun damage is easily checked. Cowrruption is a valid effect, so that's fine. You can use awolMedicine and awolVenom for those, not that venom is listed above, but snakewhip and other such commands do use it, so...

Theraze

Not going to upload it because I'd want people to look through it first, but here's what I've got off the wiki:
Code:
skill	18000	One-Two Punch	0	0	!! 2 unarmed hits
skill	18001	Cowcall	(66+(.4*buffedmys)+min(effect(2064),100)) spooky	0	
skill	18002	Pistolwhip	0	0	stun 1, once !! should use sixgun for damage
skill	18003	Hogtie	0	0	stun 4, once !! only works on monsters with a bodypart with 'leg' in the name
skill	18007	Unleash Cowrruption	0	0	custom yellow, endscombat
skill	19000	Lavafava	(min(4.5+floor(.1*buffedmys), 50)) hot|(min(4.5+floor(.1*buffedmys), 50)) hot	0	
skill	19001	Pungent Mung	0|min(12.5+(.5*buffedmys), 50)) stench	0 !! should do sixgun damage instead of 0 for start
skill	19002	Canhandle	0	0	once !! effect varies, like chef, and probably needs its own section
skill	19003	Bean Screen	0	0	stun 4, once !! it's 3 rounds, plus it staggers the round its cast, for a total of 4 rounds
skill	19006	Beanstorm	(25+(.25*buffedmys)) hot,cold,sleaze,stench,spooky|(25+(.25*buffedmys)) hot,cold,sleaze,stench,spooky 	0	!! it hits for the top two boosted elemental damage types, once each
skill	19007	Beancannon	0	0	custom banish, endscombat, once
skill	20000	Snakewhip	pref(awolVenom)	0	!! ongoing poison not tracked
skill	20001	Fan Hammer	0	0	!! sixgun|sixgun|sixgun
skill	20002	Extract Oil	0	0	custom
skill	20003	Bad Medicine	0	0	att -((10+pref(awolMedicine))/100.0*monsterattack), def -((10+pref(awolMedicine))/100.0*monsterdefense), once
skill	20006	Good Medicine	0	-(20+(pref(awolMedicine)*5))	stun, once
skill	20007	Long Con	0	0	custom attract, once
The one that's non-sixgun and probably wrong is Beanstorm. It hits for the top two elemental types, once.

Theraze

With this line added to the end of set_fvars:
Code:
   if (equipped_item($slot[holster]) != $item[none]) fvars["sixgun"] = numeric_modifier(equipped_item($slot[holster]), "Sixgun Damage");
I'm currently using the following for batfactors:
Code:
skill	18000	One-Two Punch	0	0	!! 2 unarmed hits
skill	18001	Cowcall	(66+(.4*buffedmys)+min(effect(2064),100)) spooky	0	
skill	18002	Pistolwhip	sixgun	0	stun 1, once
skill	18003	Hogtie	0	0	stun 4, once !! only works on monsters with a bodypart with 'leg' in the name
skill	18007	Unleash Cowrruption	0	0	custom yellow, endscombat
skill	19000	Lavafava	(min(4.5+floor(.1*buffedmys), 50)) hot|(min(4.5+floor(.1*buffedmys), 50)) hot	0	
skill	19001	Pungent Mung	sixgun|min(12.5+(.5*buffedmys), 50)) stench	0	
skill	19002	Canhandle	0	0	once !! effect varies, like chef, and probably needs its own section
skill	19003	Bean Screen	0	0	stun 4, once !! it's 3 rounds, plus it staggers the round its cast, for a total of 4 rounds
skill	19006	Beanstorm	(25+(.25*buffedmys)) hot,cold,sleaze,stench,spooky|(25+(.25*buffedmys)) hot,cold,sleaze,stench,spooky 	0	!! it hits for the top two boosted elemental damage types, once each
skill	19007	Beancannon	0	0	custom banish, endscombat, once
skill	20000	Snakewhip	pref(awolVenom)	0	!! ongoing poison not tracked
skill	20001	Fan Hammer	sixgun|sixgun|sixgun	0	
skill	20002	Extract Oil	0	0	custom
skill	20003	Bad Medicine	0	0	att -((10+pref(awolMedicine))/100.0*monsterattack), def -((10+pref(awolMedicine))/100.0*monsterdefense), once
skill	20006	Good Medicine	0	-(20+(pref(awolMedicine)*5))	stun, once
skill	20007	Long Con	0	0	custom attract, once
Edit: forgot to note shoot, which is above.
Code:
skill	156	Shoot	sixgun	0	once
For some reason, Shoot doesn't show sixgun damage but pistolwhip does, so... *shrugs* Weirdness.

Edit2: Shoot is also a once skill. Updated.

Last edited:

zarqon

r89 Update!

• Cow Punchers automatically hit when unarmed. Question: do monsters with dodge (such as those in some of the X-est Adventurer Contests) successfully avoid Cow Puncher unarmed attacks? The current code ignores miss chance, fumble chance, and dodge.

• Reserve a cocktail napkin for the F'c'le if you lack pirate fledges.

• Items can only be used once per fight vs. Granny Hackleton.

• Support for "sixgundmg" in batfactors. I used "sixgundmg" rather than "sixgun" for consistency and because longer names are more robust against substring matching, should similar keywords be added later.
  • Support for western-style skinning knife.
  • Remove support for deprecated "seal" keyword.

Enjoy!

Also GAH! I downloaded Tortoise SVN, integrated it with WinMerge, configured stuff, and pushed this my first update on the new machine only to remember that KoLmafia's SVN client doesn't work with 1.8. So I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall everything.

@Theraze: Looks like I'll be about ready to jump into the West about when BatBrain's support for it is already complete. Excellent. And just a small syntax note for the above: "!!" is treated as its own keyword, not as the "//" in ASH. In other words, you still need to comma-delineate it.

Good: "once, !! damage ongoing"
Incorrect: "once !! damage ongoing"

ETA: Also, you can't have commas in the comments, as that marks the beginning of a new keyword.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Also GAH! I downloaded Tortoise SVN, integrated it with WinMerge, configured stuff, and pushed this my first update on the new machine only to remember that KoLmafia's SVN client doesn't work with 1.8. So I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall everything.

That was old news. KoLmafia's SVN got updated to work with 1.8 so you're good. Don't uninstall anything.

zarqon

Good to know, thanks Bale! I reread the sticky thread about SVN but saw nothing there to indicate the situation had changed. Perhaps a note there would be helpful to others who also remember old information. (This is, I suppose, the danger of sticky threads.)

Also (related to your earlier post) I don't know if you ever actually visit SourceForge itself, but you may like the image I have just selected as the icon for BatMan RE.

@Theraze: Adding support for Canhandle now -- you're quite right that it looks like it should have its own batfactors section, a la chefstaves and Cadenza.

EDIT: And r90 gives us support for Canhandle and One-Two Punch. I went ahead and uploaded Theraze's code above for the AoWoL classes, fixing the syntax but not the content. BatBrain now has fairly thorough support for the challenge path! YAY

Last edited:

Crowther

Woot! I'm excited to try this out.

One question. Do the AWoL skills all ignore damage modifiers (spell, weapon, elemental)? None are shown in Bale or Theraze's lists.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Shoot and fan hammer respond to ranged damage (before the doubling from well-oiled guns). The beanslinger combat skills _probably_ count as spells (and thus respond to spell damage), but I don't remember having tested that personally. One-two punch responds to weapon damage, +weapon%, and possibly elemental damage (I don't remember).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've recall that Beanstorm did more damage when I had an astral ring (+20 Spell Damage) on than when I did not. I'm in my (final) Snake Oiler run right now, so might not have access to +spell damage gear at the moment, but it should be easy to test.