BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yep, but it had to stop in the middle to recalculate that :)
I quite like to have it figure out the entire strategy in one go
Even when the combat strategy should change depending on the damage done by variable-damage skills (which is most things due to critical hits)?

Winterbay

Yep. I am a very sub-optimal player and generally go for simplicity over complicated things, and doing things based on other things that may or may not happen are definitely complicating things :)
I guess there's a reason my average HC ascencion is 6 days rather than 3-4 which I probably could do if I tried...

Ick. I'm really sorry that this script destroyed your iceball. My script thought that there was no cost associated with using this item. I'd have to explicitly remove item 3391 from consideration. Fortunately that is not hard. I've updated the script in the previous post to prevent anyone else from losing their iceballs. You can download v0.2.1 beta there or here:

Thank you very much! I got your update and will continue being amazed by it :)

Just to make sure, I do not place any blame on you for the lost iceball - it was entirely my fault for blindly running a new script!

kain

Yeah, it's got some quirkiness that I haven't eliminated yet. However, sometimes it is shockingly efficient and it is quite fast, even if you have every attack skill in the game.
Yes, it's incredibly quick (and I do have every attack skill) Thanks Bale!

Theraze

The one spot where DAM seems to have problems is with the Gremlins... it really wants to kill all Gremlins, not just ones without the right tool. Any chance it can stasis until it discovers if they have the tool or not, or at least stasis until it's win or lose? It's a lot cheaper for me to cast tongue once than to waste 20 adventures on the first location without a single stasis-searching...

Bale

Minion
That seems unlikely to me for two reason:
1. I'm not doing anything at all do override SS's gremlin handling.
2. I just got the gremlin's tools two days ago and it worked fine. No problem observed.

When something works for me I think you must have done something different. Perhaps you didn't stop off to talk to the guy who tells you where the next tool is located. If you don't do that, then SmartStasis won't work properly at getting the gremlin's tools. Or maybe your character was in such danger from the gremlins that SmartStasis decided it had to stop stasising.

tl;dr: This is a SS issue, not a DAM issue.

kain

Huh, I just came to report that DAM was most expeditious in killing gremlins, too, without waiting around for them to show their tool. I'll investigate other possible problems on my end, though.

Theraze

In my case, I was a pastamancer without enough health to survive for more than 2 hits, but able to kill it in 1 with weapon. I believe DAM decided the best way to make things work was to use noodles and then 2 hit it... Example:
[2393] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: batwinged gremlin
Round 0: Theraze wins initiative!
Round 1: Tobert bites it and there's a flash as its appearance changes dramatically. That can't be a good sign.
> SmartStasis: 24 profit is good enough to stasis with Entangling Noodles
> Monster: Batwinged Gremlin, ATT: 169, DEF: 154, HP: 170, Value: 427.79
> You will die in 3 rounds.
> Your attack will kill the monster in 13 rounds.
> DestroyAllMonsters: Spaghetti Spear... killrounds: 10, dierounds: 3
Round 1: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 1: Theraze casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: Theraze casts STUFFED MORTAR SHELL!
Round 3: batwinged gremlin takes 74 damage.
Round 3: Theraze casts STUFFED MORTAR SHELL!
Round 4: batwinged gremlin takes 74 damage.
Round 4: Tobert blinks out of existence for a moment. Your opponent winces, suffering 37 damage from some strange, unseen wound. Tobert reappears at your side, crackling with energy.
Round 4: batwinged gremlin takes 37 damage.
You gain 37 Mana Points
Round 4: Theraze wins the fight!
You gain 50 Meat
You gain 8 Strongness
You gain 26 Magicalness
You gain 11 Chutzpah
I got my hammer from another batwinged gremlin 3 rounds later, right after I started doing it manually. Without using noodles to stop the gremlins from taking actions. :D

kain

I did run some more turns using smartstasis and then spellKill and SS never stasis'd any gremlins either. I don't think it's DAM. I'm hitting Yossarian via a cli script so maybe properties aren't getting set right?
Code:
bigisland.php?action=junkman&pwd

# hammer

conditions clear

conditions add moly hammer

adventure 10 barrel burning

I don't know how SS has been failing to stasis gremlins since I did BHY exclusively since that path was out. My first KFC I ran mostly manual and the second I scripted some parts (but not gremlins) and this one DAM has been great up to this point.

It does stasis with meat dropping familiars (NPZR, hobo monkey, mimic, etc) but that's probably because batbrain doesn't know meat can't drop in KFC

Theraze

Well, this was me using SS and SpamAttack on a different character August 22nd...
[2487] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: batwinged gremlin
Round 0: Theraze wins initiative!
> Monster: Batwinged Gremlin, ATT: 179, DEF: 163, HP: 180, Value: 707.17
> You will die in 7 rounds.
> Your attack will kill the monster in 3 rounds.
Round 1: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 1: Theraze tries to steal an item!
You lose 14 hit points
Round 2: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 2: Theraze casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 3: Theraze uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 4: Gron whirls up to your opponent and slices into it for 18 damage.
Round 4: batwinged gremlin takes 18 damage.
Round 4: Theraze uses the facsimile dictionary!
You lose 12 hit points
Round 5: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 5: Theraze uses the facsimile dictionary!
Round 6: Gron whirls up to your opponent and slices into it for 17 damage.
Round 6: batwinged gremlin takes 17 damage.
You lose 13 hit points
Round 6: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 6: Theraze uses the spectre scepter!
You gain 4 hit points
You lose 12 hit points
Round 7: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 7: Theraze uses the facsimile dictionary!
You lose 14 hit points
Round 8: Theraze uses the molybdenum magnet!
You acquire an item: molybdenum hammer
Round 9: Theraze wins the fight!
After Battle: Gron flutters above you, sprinkling you with maple syrup.
You gain 21 Mojo Points
You gain 87 Meat
You acquire an item: gremlin juice
You gain 12 Muscleboundness
You gain 7 Enchantedness
You gain 29 Smarm
You gain a Moxie point!
> Look! You found 1 gremlin juice (200μ)!
> Look! You found 1 molybdenum hammer (0μ)!

Anyways, just saying that SS by itself does stasis gremlins. DAM currently isn't. I'll just need to monitor it manually for now, I guess. Still faster than using SA. :)

zarqon

Well. I never added Frosty's ice ball to batfactors. In fact, I deliberately omitted it, so that problem was probably caused by someone being overly helpful.

In other news, my computer worked for 1.5 days! Then the problem re-occurred, even with a new motherboard, a shiny Zalman laptop cooler, and additional copper shims for the CPU and GPU. It seems that the actual laptop cooling fan isn't spinning during operation, despite the fact that it spins at startup. WTF?! I am so sick of this.

Theraze

Gah... sorry for your laptop hate. Hope that it seems to be isolated to the fan means you can get it fully resolved soon. :(

kain

Well, this was me using SS and SpamAttack on a different character August 22nd...

Anyways, just saying that SS by itself does stasis gremlins. DAM currently isn't. I'll just need to monitor it manually for now, I guess. Still faster than using SA. :)
Yeah, SS did the gremlins for me, too. After I got some time I went and tested it.

Bale

Minion
Well, I just tested DAM and gremlins. Turned out that it wouldn't do the gremlins because SS thought I'd get terribly beaten up as a Fistcore Pastamancer. So I disabled the part of SS that won't do it if I'd get beaten up. It then worked fine except that I got beaten up quite a few times trying. I'm sure that whatever the reason it didn't work for you was a SS issue since modifing SS convinced it to stasis gremlins for me.

It was surprising how fragile I am as a myst class in fistcore. Until I let those gremlins hit me I had no idea!

Also, in fistcore I'm killing with 0 MP skills, not attacks. SS assumes you're using "attack" to kill monsters which is obviously faulty. That's also included in SS's decision to stasis for gremlin item. SS does not play well with fistcore.

Winterbay

Also, in fistcore I'm killing with 0 MP skills, not attacks. SS assumes you're using "attack" to kill monsters which is obviously faulty. That's also included in SS's decision to stasis for gremlin item. SS does not play well with fistcore.

I'm guessing that is one of the things zarqon would like to fix with the upcoming batman since that was supposed to take care of entire battles thus making SS obsolete.

Bale

Minion
Really? He is putting combat control into BatBrain? That seems odd. I think of BatBrain purely as a library of combat functions.

Bale

Minion
Oh. Yeah. The thread is BatBrain so I assumed we were still talking about BatBrain. And I don't really expect to see BatMan finished this year so it is well off my radar.