bad item values

I'm in the process of makeing a trick-or-treating script with an outfit map that corresponds to the outfits specific treating goodie, but I keep getting bad item values for these items:

children of the candy corn
elvish delight
good 'n' slimy
dubious peppermint

Code:
costume["Grimy Reaper's Vestments"] = $item[children of the candy corn];

Does mafia handle these items in any special way?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I believe the problem is that mafia doesn't know they exist yet, since they didn't exist before the last Halloween. It should work just fine before next Halloween arrives.

Catch-22

I believe the problem is that mafia doesn't know they exist yet, since they didn't exist before the last Halloween. It should work just fine before next Halloween arrives.

Alternatively, try placing this updated itemdescs.txt in your data folder :)

Attachments

• itemdescs.txt
    209.7 KB · Views: 961
Yeah, thanks I've got the updated itemdescs.txt, but they're not there. It's not that big of a deal for now I just have those lines of the map commented out.

Catch-22

Yeah, thanks I've got the updated itemdescs.txt, but they're not there. It's not that big of a deal for now I just have those lines of the map commented out.

Hmm, did you just use an updated itemdescs.txt or did you use the one I posted? I updated the itemdescs.txt manually, it wasn't from the daily builds. I guess it doesn't really matter anymore :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I believe you need to update both itemdescs and tradeitems to get (mostly) ful functionality for new items. You may need to update equipment, modifiers, fullness, inebriety, or even some .java files, for certain familiar items.

But you do need both of the ones I first mentioned for ANY item.

Catch-22

I believe you need to update both itemdescs and tradeitems to get (mostly) ful functionality for new items. You may need to update equipment, modifiers, fullness, inebriety, or even some .java files, for certain familiar items.

But you do need both of the ones I first mentioned for ANY item.

This is true.

I think if you just want to add item goals to your adventures, you only need itemdescs.txt. That is all I was modifying in relation to Crimbo items. If you were planning on doing anything other than acquiring an item without mafia freaking out, then you'd need at least the tradeitems.txt too.

Ah well, like lostcalpolydude said, they are all up to date now for the next Halloween

Last edited: