Feature - Implemented Back Alley and Knob Outskirts drop rates

I've re-spaded the drop rates on items in these zones, and a few numbers will need changing in Mafia. These early-history zones don't generally obey the usual "everything's a multiple of 5%" rule, in particular, resulting in drop rates like 32% and 8%. Every monster in these zones needs at least one rate updated, if not several, I believe.

EDIT: The newly spaded rates are on the monster pages on the wiki.

Last edited:
And for the record: yes, I was aware of the packrat bug and it was accounted for in my data and analysis. It was my original alley results that helped reveal that Packrat wasn't working as intended. The Blender thing was discovered by dev/TPTB when they probed the packrat problem. Wasn't me that found that one, anyway.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You are telling me to go look at the Wiki? Rather than, say, you posting the info right here? Why should I spend my precious time figuring out which random set of pages on the Wiki have information I might want to use, visiting said random set of pages, and extracting the wheat from the chaff?

That's why I didn't bother doing anything when you first posted this. I see no change, and, therefore, no reason to change my decision.

If you wanted all that spoon fed to you, you could have just said so the first time; it's not hard for either one of us to look at a few wiki pages to collect the relevant bits, so I don't mind. I've made drop rate posts just like this many times before and you've not complained before, to my recollection. So you either only just then decided to find this aggravating; or you've been bottling up and avoiding an easy resolution. Here you go:

Alley
Both webs on both spiders are 25%
Hobos: 32% for gloves, 60% for wine, 15% for weed
Bum: 32% for cheek, 15% harmonica, 30% wine, 15% weed

Outskirts
Chef: 32% hat, 8% pants, 12% tongs
BBQ: 60% cheese, 8% pants, 20% tongs
Guard: 8% pants, 32% helm, 32% scimitar
Scientist: 100% firecracker, 9% pants, 30% elixir

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
And here it is in a patch that I was putting together before Fred's latest post.

Attachments

• outskirtsSleazyDropRates.patch
    7.2 KB · Views: 24

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
No, I've simply been ignoring "go look at the Wiki" posts for the last couple of years and letting other people deal with it. Apparently, nobody else bothered to respond to your post.

Nor will I, this time. I no longer do "data entry monkey" duty for things that don't affect me personally.

But now that you bumped this and provided the data, perhaps somebody else will find it interesting.

I'm trying to wean myself from the game, frankly, so this is exactly the kind of thing that I, personally, will not be spending my time on.

Alright. I hope whatever else you're doing with your time instead brings you greater fun and happiness. Hard to imagine something better than KoL, but I've heard hushed whispers of this sort of thing before.

And your original response would have been more diplomatic and informative if you had said something like "I'm not personally doing updates on things like this anymore. Someone else will hopefully do it, but it would likely be helpful if the data was posted in this thread directly." Instead you got all angry and took it personally, and gave zero indication that this was no longer in your realm of responsibility, but rather was just pissing you off on the level of execution, and were passive-aggressively rejecting/ignoring it solely on this emotional response. I will keep the desire for direct posting of information in mind in the future, but I can't read your mind, or anyone else's, if they don't speak it first.

Theraze

I'd actually list your post as more angry. Her initial one simply said that the wiki has tons of useless stuff, and your post just says that there's some good stuff somewhere in it. Which may be true, but you never let us know which specific pages to look at or even which data had been verified.

Basically, if you want something added, validate it and let us know. Specifically. Not just that some nebulous information has been checked. :)

"my precious time" is not a phrase used by a person who is not angry and not taking it personally. Nor is completely ignoring something rather than address it. Nor is triumphantly declaring your intent to ignore it once again much later on.

Now that someone has actually bothered to communicate what they desire or need, I actually have a chance of accommodating them.

Last edited: