Feature - Implemented Avoid "crafting with turns" popup using preference

Theraze

The new crafting behaviour means that if you're trying to fully automate mafia, you can't use retrieve_item to get the item in the cheapest possible (with adventure cost considered) way. I'd like some way to not have it request confirmation on crafting using turns. I'm fine with this being opt out, but needing to actually be paying attention every time I retrieve_item is... noisy.

roippi

Developer
I figured you'd want this. :)

For the record, if you use the isAutomated=false version of retrieveItem, it will never prompt when consuming adventures. Right now this only happens with the CLI "buy" command.

Theraze

Exactly, which explicitly says to buy, not to ever craft, and so the fact that "buy" turns isAutomated to false will never actually make a difference... :)

roippi

Developer
r10401 does not prompt when just buying from the mall. It also adds the suppressCraftingPrompt preference.

Theraze

Thanks! If I'd gotten home earlier, I'd have proposed tweaking the alwaysPromptAboutCrafting boolean preference into an int preference named promptAboutCrafting where 0 means never, 1 means once, and 2 means always, defaulting to 1, so that we don't need to consider which of the preferences overrules which, but... long as there's something, right? :)