Bug - Cannot Reproduce Autosell of same-quantity items being skipped

thel0ser

My turns for the day are gone or I would make more sure I was right, but I'm fairly confident in what I've found at this point:

Currently using daily build 10000. Was happening for a few versions I used before that. Was unable to find mention of this in a quick search.

From the session results frame when autoselling several items at once, I would occasionally notice some were being skipped without being sold and presumably just zero'ed out. This appears to only happen when two (or more, potentially) items in the list have the same quantities, i.e. Item A (3) Item B (3).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Give me a specific reproducible example. In other words, "autosell 3 [specific item A] 3 [specific item B] 2 [specific item C]" only sells A and C.

I have never, ever, had any problem with autoselling varying quantities of multiple items. In every single case, every single item - in exactly the quantity I expected - was autosold.

Give me a reproducible error case, or I'm chalking this up to User Error/Confusion.

slyz

Developer
I remember reproducing this soon after thel0ser's post, but I didn't have the source at hand to look into it. I'll try to reproduce it again after running a few turns in the Castle.

If one of the early items in the list was a Notes from the Elfpocalypse that would do it ... there seems to be a general bug in all the command lines failing to deal with the comma. I've only seen it in OCD I assumed it was OCD failing to escape the comma.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
From the session results frame when autoselling several items at once ...
If one of the early items in the list was a Notes from the Elfpocalypse that would do it ... there seems to be a general bug in all the command lines failing to deal with the comma. I've only seen it in OCD I assumed it was OCD failing to escape the comma.
The "session results frame" has nothing to do with "command lines". I asked for an example using a command line since both modes of autoselling use the same mechanism internally: an AutoSellRequest.

The "session results frame" does no item name parsing; it simply submits an AutoSellRequest with a list of selected items.
The "command line" DOES have to parse item names from user input. You characterize "failing to deal with the comma" (in an item name) as a "bug". I'm curious to hear how you think the command parser should "deal" with a comma in an item name when parsing a comma delimited list of item names. Feel free to make a Feature Request with your idea!

I tested this, with both the "compact autosale mode" and the regular mode.

I have "Compact Autosale Mode"

> inv angry farmer candy

Angry Farmer candy (8)

> inv awful poetry journal

awful poetry journal (9)

> autosell 3 angry farmer candy, 3 awful poetry journal

Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 819 Meat
Items sold.

> refresh inv

Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Requests complete.

> inv angry farmer candy

Angry Farmer candy (5)

awful poetry journal (6)

That submitted "sellstuff.php?action=sell&type=quant&howmany=3&whichitem[]=617&whichitem[]=622" and worked fine.

Switch to non-"Compact Autosale Mode"

> autosell 3 angry farmer candy, 3 awful poetry journal

Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 819 Meat
Items sold.

> refresh inv

Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Requests complete.

> inv angry farmer candy

Angry Farmer candy (2)

awful poetry journal (3)

That submitted "sellstuff_ugly.php?action=sell&mode=3&quantity=3&item617=617&item622=622" and worked fine.

I see no bug. Unless somebody can come up with a reproducible case - soon - I am closing this as Cannot Reproduce

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I remember reproducing this soon after thel0ser's post, but I didn't have the source at hand to look into it. I'll try to reproduce it again after running a few turns in the Castle.
Did you reproduce the report?