AutoOlfact...

jasonharper

Developer
Some more CLI commands for you to try:
my_ascensions
get lastKingLiberation
get kingLiberated

Did you free the king while using mafia?
Please visit your account page and verify that the "Recall Skills" button is NOT still appearing there.

Yvain

my_ascensions --> Returned: 16
get lastKingLiberation --> 16
get kingLiberated --> true
Pretty sure I freed the king while using mafia, I rarely don't use it. EDIT: Just checked through my sessions and while there is nothing in the log saving 'king freed' or similar I can definately see where my play changed and I freed the king so I was using Mafia at the time.
The "Recall Skills" button is not there when viewed through the relay browser.

I've attached my account.php file. Had to change the extension to .txt to upload it to the forums. I changed my pwd=string bit to just all x's. I thought it was a password hash and hence not a security risk but wasn't sure.

MAJOR EDIT: I just went and actually spent some turns and olfaction is working for me again. I did download a new version of mafia (8451). I'd used a number of versions up until now, the most recent of which was 8441 so some change between now and then has done it. Also my telescope and pool table have reappeared in daily deeds. Thanks for whatever change was made.
ANOTHER EDIT: I logged out and tried version 8441 again and it worked fine there too so it must have been some KoL change rather than a mafia change. Now I'm very confused about it all.
Only thing I can think of which is not constant in my playing is sometimes I play from work and sometimes I play from home. Currently at home and it is working fine. At work I need to use a proxy server. Maybe that is blocking something. I'll check try again on Monday and see if it breaks when at work. Again thanks to everyone for their help and support.

Attachments

• yvain-accounts-page.txt
    33.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Yvain

Well olfaction worked at work so its not a proxy server issue. I guess visiting my accounts page must have fixed it.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Donavin69

So, since I think this is one of the really nice features of Mafia, I use the 'set autoOlfact = goals' all the time, is there any way I could set it to 'always' autoOlfact goals, rather than re-set it every time my goal is cleared?

Donavin69

Put it into your before/after battle script?
Is there a function that I could use to test if I have a goal set? I don't want to 'set autoOlfact = goals' between every fight, even though its all local (no server hit) that seems like a lot of processing on the settings file

The only thing I've found is to test if an item is my goal 'is_goal( item )'

Winterbay

You could use something like:
Code:
split_goals = get_goals();
   if(count(split_goals) > 0) {
      set_property("autoOlfact", "goals");
   return true;
}