Feature - Implemented Automatically parse and add demon names

GValko

I'm going to split this out of the Summoning Chamber bug thread from below, since this an actual feature request based on the game's updated Summoning Chamber.

Per the July 3rd update, the summoning chamber names now appear in the quest log once used. (Under "Other Accomplishments"

Would it be possible to parse the names in the Quest Log to populate Mafia's internal list?

All of the names appear in the format "Demon Name", the "Title"

As an example "Wait Baz'Chak, the Deadest Beat" would be the player's Prenatural Greed demon.

Right now, all the demon titles are up on the wiki.

The only 2 demons that don't appear in the quest log are Tatter/Ak'gyxoth which are the only ones that have static names.

Last edited:

PeKaJe

This seems like it would be helpful in the future for people just starting to use mafia.
The attached patch to QuestLogRequest.java (based on similar code in AdventureRequest.java) will add any demon names found in "Other Accomplishments" that haven't been found by mafia previously.
I've tested this with all the demon names that show up in other accomplishments.

Edit: Updated patch
Edit2: Verified it works with all demon names, updated patch again

Attachments

• demonnames.patch
    2.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Soluzar

I just tried this patch. First I deleted my existing demon names from the KoLmafia text files, to ensure a proper test.

It worked fine, it added all the demons I've been able to summon.

Erich

How is this going to interact with the demon name reset? For example, this is what it says on my page:

Baal'zuulka, the Demonic Lord of Revenge

However, after the reset, I constantly get a new demon name from the Nemesis. I'm not there yet, but will that override the name I have in my accomplishments in mafia?

Soluzar

The name in your quest log is the one this script will insert into Mafia's settings files. I had thought that the one in your quest log would always be the 'new style' name, but apparently not. I must be remembering incorrectly, but I thought the names being added to your quest log was a feature newer than the Great Demon Name Kerfluffle.

PeKaJe

How is this going to interact with the demon name reset? For example, this is what it says on my page:

Baal'zuulka, the Demonic Lord of Revenge

However, after the reset, I constantly get a new demon name from the Nemesis. I'm not there yet, but will that override the name I have in my accomplishments in mafia?

If mafia currently knows about a demon name, it will not try to get it from the quest log. If the setting that stores the demon name is blank, then, and only then does it update from Other Accomplishments. Mafia will update the setting for the revenge demon whenever you finish that quest, and that'll be the one mafia knows about from then on. I don't know what happens when you summon with a new style demon name, and you already have the old one in accomplishments. However, both will continue to work, so in practice I don't think it makes any difference.

Checking on status

I am interested in this. I move computers and don't keep my settings file often. It also seems odd for mafia to not know the names when they are in the questlog.

Is there reason to not want this in mafia?

I am even adding a newer patch that works for the current version.

View attachment demons.patch