autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Winterbay

I also saw this - where it seemed to be using something else besides my potion price limit to decide not to buy potions - but my that character finished the telescope weeks ago and the next character who could try just started a HCO run so it will be a few days.

Well, currently it will set the internal cost variable based on which is lowest, the zlib setting or your autoBuyPriceLimit for Mafia (because if it didn't it crashed whentrying to buy things that were more expensive than what you let Maifa buy for you since the maximizer uses acquire and not buy).

Winterbay

Latest revision. If autoBasement_combat_maximizer_string is empty, then maximizer receives a malformed string, like this:

I've fixed it in local copy by replacing line 402 with this:

In which way is that malformed? It works just fine when I enter it into my maximizer window and the cli command...

Issue during elemental test, cold+sleaze. Script acquired Coldform and then decided that it still needs cold resistance:

Thanks. Revision 20 should fix that.

I modified my copy to refuse to use goofballs. I'm not sure how others feel about that. It's not the withdrawal that bothers me, it's the fact I have a limited supply of them.

You do? I mean the cost reset per ascension doesn't it? I can see how adding an option to skip them might be a good idea though :)

Tarko

hum, I tried to lauch the script today and it failed during the outf-indexing part

so I went in KoL and deleted them, blank state.

Still got error.

I was "duh! need to upgrade my Mafia"

Still got error.

Now it is my understanding that the script now auto-update itself thanks to svn, so Im not sure what need to be done.

Here is the fail:

Unable to interpret: , +equip navel ring of navel gazing, -familiar, +melee

Theraze

If you have a version that doesn't run, you can always drop it to an earlier version with svn dec <script name>. So in this case, svn dec winterbay-mafia-autobasement until it runs properly. Once he spins a new version that works, svn update or svn update winterbay-mafia-autobasement will get it back to the latest version. :)

Winterbay

You should be able to run the latest version as long as you set your autoBasement_combat_equipment variable to either "" (blank) or an item that you actually have. I'm not sure why it was set to the navel gazing ring before an neither am I sure why it never failed before I did this change...

Magus_Prime

Beyond the obvious? :D A lot of the new Canadia quest seems to draw from the old Pogo newspaper comic strip. There's a character in that strip, Albert the Alligator, who smokes seegar butts.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Indeed. All four of the critters in the "Weird Swamp Village" are drawn from characters in Pogo and the items they drop are appropriate to the respective comic strip characters. The seegar butt comes from the swamp gator...

Crowther

Beyond the obvious? :D A lot of the new Canadia quest seems to draw from the old Pogo newspaper comic strip. There's a character in that strip, Albert the Alligator, who smokes seegar butts.

Indeed. All four of the critters in the "Weird Swamp Village" are drawn from characters in Pogo and the items they drop are appropriate to the respective comic strip characters. The seegar butt comes from the swamp gator...

I'm old enough to remember Pogo and while I love puns and satire I still don't find them fun or funny.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You mean you don't think the call-out to the Pogo characters is especially funny? Yeah, I agree. I really don't want to fight with Churchy, Albert, Howland Owl, or Ma'm'selle Hepzibah.

Winterbay

Explain, please?

Thanks for the other information.

Depending on the zlib variable "verbosity" the script outputs more or less information when it does things. Type "zlib verbosity = 7" or similar into the CLI and run the script and see what happens :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
FWIW, I ran autobasement with WHAM on my unascended level 103 character. Basement levels in the low 700's. Everything went smoothly until I hit a bottle of beer golem. WHAM couldn't figure out how to kill it and everything dropped back to manual control. Upon further investigation, that was exactly correct - there was no way to kill the Golem with the items that I had. All this is to say that this quick test gave much better results for me than previously. I look forward to the chance to use it on another character in a more realistic scenario.

One nit - after the above, I started my other tasks and automation failed because I had run out of MP. For whatever reason autoBasement had changed and then failed to restore my restore settings. This may have been an artifact of autobasement effectively aborting or it may be a feature. A feature request would be to leave the user's MP restore settings alone except in the case where MP is actually part of the test and, in that case, save them and change before the test and restore them afterwards.

Winterbay

Yeah, the script disables MP-restoration and restores it when it exits and if the script gets aborted (rather than exits say if you'd been beaten up by the golem) it restores the settings. I guess setting and restoring around the actual need might be more stable.

Winterbay

The script has been updated and will now only use goofballs if you set autoBasement_hop_on_up to true (default is false=