autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

slyz

Developer
The caching isn't meant to last between executions of the script. It pre-determines the outfits once per script execution to avoid calling the maximizer at each new level.

Donavin69

Maybe it should delete the outfits before caching them? I had an issue once where the previous time I had run it, I was a Pastamancer with a staff, and the next time, I was something else, and it couldn't cache them because I couldn't equip the staff (I just manually deleted the outfit and it worked just fine)

Winterbay

Maybe it should delete the outfits before caching them? I had an issue once where the previous time I had run it, I was a Pastamancer with a staff, and the next time, I was something else, and it couldn't cache them because I couldn't equip the staff (I just manually deleted the outfit and it worked just fine)

It should already be avoiding crashing in that case. At least that's the way I coded it last time I checked, but if it's still doing that then I need to look at it some more. When was it you tried this?

Theraze

Sounds more like it needs a manual refresh all to validate what's on the character and what's in inventory, rather than deleting the outfits, since the problem is that mafia has somehow gotten out of sync regarding what's actually available... If anyone can figure out exactly what causes it, post it as a bug so that it can get fixed, but until then, refresh all (to get the equipped as well as the various inventory locations) is probably the best 'fix' for it.

Donavin69

It should already be avoiding crashing in that case. At least that's the way I coded it last time I checked, but if it's still doing that then I need to look at it some more. When was it you tried this?

Last time I did the basement after a 'staffed' run was probably near the end of last year....I'll get a staff this run on one of my multies (getting ready to do the basement) and then do next run as something like a clubber...

Merneith

On a related note, I had problems because I was close the 36 outfit limit. It kept trying to cache outfits and failing with this message:
Passed outfit (MP Regen) contains less than 3 items. Please recheck your inventory.

Which wasn't very useful but once I noticed I was at 36 custom outfits, I deleted about a dozen and the script started up.

I hit another problem, though, when it came to fighting things. The script funked up when fighting first the Ghost, then the Dimensional Horror. It didn't finish the combat vs. Grandpa, then I hit the combat round limit vs the Horror. Does the script handle combats appropriately for each monster? I sort of thought it did, but maybe it's my expectations that's the problem. I'm probably doing something wrong. I'm just not sure what to do about the combat.

Theraze

I thought that combat is your responsibility? So if you're fighting a physical immune monster without setting some sort of combat that will actually succeed...

Ethelred

I think it's up to you to have a .ccs that can handle the encountered monsters, although I'm not an expert on the script. I kind of gutted it and bent it to my will.

Winterbay

Yeah, the combats are up to you. There are just too many different ways in which to do the combats for the script to be able to make a decision about it.

Merneith

I see. Well, I should be able to make a ccs to account for everything, since the monsters are a known quantity. Thanks for the tip, folks.

nightslide

I'm not sure what I've done wrong (and I'm sure it's me), that when I run autobasement, it does the shopping before hand, but nothing else. No outfits are created, etc. Is there a way to manually reset it? It was working, and I got through the first 83 floors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the script, it's been tremendously helpful.

d

Winterbay

Do you get any output at all? Make sure your zlib verbosity is 3 or higher (type "zlib verbosity" into the CLI to check) to get some useful info out of it.

nightslide

Do you get any output at all? Make sure your zlib verbosity is 3 or higher (type "zlib verbosity" into the CLI to check) to get some useful info out of it.

Ah, I changed it to verbosity 3, and it seemed to be breaking because I was above level 30. Changed that, I think it might be working now. Thank you for the help!

d

Donavin69

I just confirmed that it still "errors" on the staff, but it doesn't abort now. Since I'm a Sauceror, it bought a sauce glove, and equipped the staff in the maximizing.
PHP:
Putting on outfit: MP Regen
Outfit "MP Regen" cannot be equipped because you are unable to use chefstaves.
Maximizing...
17934 combinations checked, best score 108.5
Putting on special sauce glove...
Equipment changed.
Putting on sponge helmet...
Equipment changed.
Wielding The Necbromancer's Wizard Staff...
Equipment changed.
Holding Operation Patriot Shield...
Equipment changed.
Putting on snailmail hauberk...
Equipment changed.
Putting on square sponge pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on hardened slime belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on velcro boots...
Equipment changed.
Saving outfit: MP Regen
Outfit saved

jijineiro

I run now in another problem, not really a bug, but I don't know what to do. I'm a sauceror now and I have in my ccs a bunch of spells. Of course I want now maximum spell damage for my damage outfit, but the script keeps generating a Damage outfit based on muscle/weapon damage. What to do?

slyz

Developer
Add whatever item(s)you want autoBasement to equip to the autoBasement_combat_equipment zlib var (see the second post of this thread for more info on those settings).

EDIT: you can also change autoBasement_combat_stat to mysticality.

jijineiro

Yeah, I just did that (read the 2nd post) and I tried to set it up to maximize spell damage for combat (zlib autoBasement_combat_stat = spell damage), but seems that is not valid. Yeah, I got it working with mysticality there, but I'll need to do also an item list as you suggested.

OK, it's working almost perfectly now, but how do I get the bandersnatch to show up in my combats?

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I think the easiest way is to change the name of your "Damage" outfit to be "Damage F=bander". It's not guaranteed to work but I think it should fool the script, unless get_familiar_drops is true and you have drops left to get.

EDIT: The script might overwrite the "Damage F=bander" outfit with "Damage", so that might not work.

I think you will need to edit the script directly, or ask for Winterbay to move the damage section to the beginning of cache_outfits(), and use whatever familiar you had with you when you started the script as the Damage familiar.

Last edited:

Winterbay

You can also set your Bander to your is_100_run-familiar (with that zlib variable) and the script will respect that. Or set it as your familiar and then set autoBasement_get_familiar_drops to false which should, if things work as intended, not make the script change your familiar. Or, well it will unless you possess a disembodied hand in which case the first option is the only way.