autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

mstieler

That doesn't change. Anapests affect only the text on fight pages.

And fight pages are the ones it's exiting on. I was, well, autobasementing, so I didn't see what messages were coming up, but from what I see in previous posts, it's saying "winwinwin" instead of "you win the fight". I'm going to guess the page not saying "you win the fight" is what's causing it to exit, but that's fixed by removing Anapests.

zarqon

The "WINWINWIN" is part of an HTML comment which KoL adds to all fight pages when you win, regardless of Anapests.

Winterbay

The script in the 2nd post has been updated to use WINWINWIN instead of "you win the fight" and also to add the two new item dropping familiars.

Winterbay

Yet another change, this time with a somewhat important fix: If you cannot, for whatever reason, equip all of the outfit you have saved under a certain name when going through and caching outfits, continue anyway instead of just crashing to a halt.

Winterbay

Could someone better at the math of things look over the maximizer statement for the elemental tests. It appears that at higher levels the 0.01hp-factor makes the maximizer value HP a lot more than elemental resitance which doesn't work (well, I guess it could, but raising the resistance is more efficient...).
Current command is:
Code:
maximize(".5 " + to_string(elem1) + " resistance, .5 " + to_string(elem2) + " resistance, 0.01 hp" + element_familiar, false);

Will putting a 0.001 instead work? (it works for me at level 550 or so, but will it screw someone over on lower levels?)

jijineiro

OK, I feel stupid, but how do I run this script?
I took a long break after crimbo, but I updated mafia and zlib now. This is what I do: in mafia I go to scripts and choose autoBasement, and after the 1st run in which it did the search for potions and stuff it does nothing.

Winterbay

Could you copy and paste the CLI-output?
Also, make sure you have access to the basement (do the guild quest, adventure until the basement is open). I know I've missed that part on a few occasions.

Edit: This means that using the script from the dropdown should work just fine.

Jar of Jam

Yet another change, this time with a somewhat important fix: If you cannot, for whatever reason, equip all of the outfit you have saved under a certain name when going through and caching outfits, continue anyway instead of just crashing to a halt.

Unfortunately, it still does that - latest version of your autoBasement modification:

Code:
Putting on outfit: Gauntlet
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
152 combinations checked, best score 5733.0
Putting on slime-covered necklace...
You don't have the item you're trying to equip.

Could someone better at the math of things look over the maximizer statement for the elemental tests. It appears that at higher levels the 0.01hp-factor makes the maximizer value HP a lot more than elemental resitance which doesn't work (well, I guess it could, but raising the resistance is more efficient...).
Current command is:
Code:
maximize(".5 " + to_string(elem1) + " resistance, .5 " + to_string(elem2) + " resistance, 0.01 hp" + element_familiar, false);

Will putting a 0.001 instead work? (it works for me at level 550 or so, but will it screw someone over on lower levels?)

Just adding that I did a basement dive the past couple days and also had problems with the resistance (but strangely, not the gauntlet) at over 400. It's exactly what winterbay says, the maximizer tries to buff hp in lieu of additional resistance, and hence, can't make enough to pass. My solution was pretty simple, I typed "maximize xxx res +xxx res" and surprisingly enough, suddenly had enough hp to pass.

Winterbay

Unfortunately, it still does that - latest version of your autoBasement modification:

Code:
Putting on outfit: Gauntlet
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
152 combinations checked, best score 5733.0
Putting on slime-covered necklace...
You don't have the item you're trying to equip.

I had that at times as well, all the time it was because for some obscure reason Mafia had gotten confused about how many I had of something. I have no idea how or when though.
The fix I put in was for when it was caching the outfits. It's extremely hard to do anything about Mafia getting confused, although I guess I could detect the failure, do a "refresh inv" and try again.

Theraze

May actually need a "refresh all" if "refresh inv" doesn't fix it. If that happens, it's because mafia thinks you have one equipped when you really don't, and that's where it's gotten out of sync...

jijineiro

I have nothing to copy/paste. Today I started again the script, I said I want 192 adventures and just as yesterday it did the search for stuff then nada. It just sits there. I have access to the basement, as I'm currently at level 89 or so. Also I'm a level 38 turtle tamer with all plexi/stainless stuff and some IoTMs. Could it be that Bale's autorecovery script has something to do with this? There's no message whatsoever related to that though...

zarqon

Sounds like a verbosity issue. What are the results when you type "zlib verbosity" into the CLI? If the number is 0, you're effectively (and no doubt unwittingly) instructing the script to shut up and not output anything -- including error messages explaining why the script isn't doing anything further.

jijineiro

Yeah, verbosity was indeed 0. What value should I put in and how?

Thanks!

Later edit: Well, I set up verbosity = 1, and now I have this awesome extra line in the output: "Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 190 adventures"

Last edited:

Theraze

The standard verbosity is 3. If you want more information, try 5, but for now, zlib verbosity = 3 should make autoBasement actually abort with a useful message.