autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Just hit the same problem on a different account, this time at an HP test. :[

Basement level 161: HP Test
Putting on outfit: Gauntlet
Equipment changed.
unable to buff hp to 2729, quitting

No muscle potions used whatsoever. <.<

Edit: I did that adventure manually, and then resumed the script, and it is using potions for other challenges. :X

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
(Unrelated: is there a way to tell mafia not to make my own sauce potions? I'm running a sauceror, and mafia keeps buying potion ingredients to make the potions, when I'd rather it just bought the potions. <.<)
Mafia usually does this because it is the cheapest way of obtaining these items. The only way i can think of doing that is making your own buyScript.

The buyScript already exists:
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2695-Order-of-automaticly-called-scripts&p=18313#post18313

CLI said:
Using 1 pressurized potion of pulchritude...
You're already under pressure.
unable to buff Moxie to 71954, quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 66 adventures.

I keep needing to manually remove deep sauce pots (approaching level 3,000 on character in question). Am I doing something wrong?

Hm, the script seems to be having a few other things break down as I go deeper. If it's of interest I can post them, but since I doubt many people go past 500 it's probably not worth any development time. The chief one is the one I just mentioned, though.

jcowley

"Cannot apply operator ^ to level (int) and 1.4 (float) (autoBasement.ash, line 384)" Any ideas? I deleted my data file, updated zlib and got the latest daily build. Thanks in advance!

chocopi

The script is currently dying when trying to cache the outfits. I am guessing it is to do having the Disembodied Hand. I would want it so that it would always equip the scratch n sniff on the familiar, but im not quite sure how to go about it.

I did have a check through the topic but couldn't find anything

Code:
Putting on outfit: Mysticality
Equipment changed.
Maximizing (1st time may take a while)...
226 combinations checked, best score 2737.0
Saving outfit: Mysticality
Outfit saved
Putting on outfit: Muscle
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
216 combinations checked, best score 4393.0
Holding scratch 'n' sniff sword...
That's not an item, or it's not something you own.

Any before any one asks my scratch 'n' sniff sword does it exist, its sitting in my main hand :)

Ferdawoon

The script is trying to maximize and set the Damage outfit. As a SC though, it is setting the super-sweet Boom box as Main Weapon.
Been checking the script but, well, I'm a rookie when it comes to coding and I dont want ti fiddle too much with it in case I break something. Adding a melee part to the damage if the combatstat is set to Muscle?

slyz

Developer
I think the easiest way would be to add the weapon you would like to use in the autoBasement_combat_equipment zlib var.

Winterbay

I guess you could check that the combat stat is set to muscle as well. What is the zlib variable "autoBasement_combat_stat" set to? I guess as a muscle class it would be best to set it to muscle.

Ferdawoon

I guess you could check that the combat stat is set to muscle as well. What is the zlib variable "autoBasement_combat_stat" set to? I guess as a muscle class it would be best to set it to muscle.
Yeh I remember that last time I set it to Moxie, because I was a DB at the time. It only fooled me once this time.
Using Zarqon's ZLib variable manager I changed it to Muscle.

Now, Mafia is fecking things up and breaking the script anyway whenever my Disembodied hand have a piece of gear that an outfit change want to put in my mainhand, saying I only equip part of it (made a bug report of it) but is it not a good idea to add some checker for what class I am and add melee or ranged to the maximizer functions where I am ment to do physical damage. Out of curiosity but is there a reason for a muscle class to have moxie as combat stat or the other way around? If so, a checker for that as well would remove the need for two settings.

EDIT: Just curious but can anyone guess why the combat_equipment variable was set to navel ring of navel gazing? IAs far as I can remember I have not fiddled with that variable and I don't even have the navel ring =S

EDIT2: Removing all the saved outfits, setting the autoBasement_combat_equipment to be Uncle Hobo's highest bough using Zarqon's ZLib variable changer, the script aborted before it could create the Damage outfit because the Disembodied Hand had the bough and Mafia stopped with "Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes." so I will have to check it when that is fixed and get back to you on that.

Last edited:

Theraze

Depends on your perms, as well as your specific items. If a moxie class has hero permed, and a nice weapon, why not use it? Same way, if a muscle class is wanting to plink for some reason, especially with the various plink-happy skills permed, why not allow it?

It's a case where you expect the end user to actually be able to know/set what they want. ;)

Ferdawoon

Depends on your perms, as well as your specific items. If a moxie class has hero permed, and a nice weapon, why not use it? Same way, if a muscle class is wanting to plink for some reason, especially with the various plink-happy skills permed, why not allow it?
Hmm, yeh I guess you are right. I'm still confuddled by why someone would like to plink basement bosses, but I have never been an optimal player so there is probably a reason.

It's a case where you expect the end user to actually be able to know/set what they want. ;)
You see, the "know what I want" part is where I tend to fail ;)

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
EDIT: Just curious but can anyone guess why the combat_equipment variable was set to navel ring of navel gazing? IAs far as I can remember I have not fiddled with that variable and I don't even have the navel ring =S
It's the script's default value, for everyone.

temptemp9

I'm experiencing a problem that's been previously reported - but as far as I can see no suggestion about how to solve it has been posted.

Putting on outfit: Mysticality
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
144 combinations checked, best score 840.0
Saving outfit: Mysticality
Outfit saved
Putting on outfit: Muscle
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
144 combinations checked, best score 770.0
Saving outfit: Muscle
Outfit saved
Putting on outfit: Moxie
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
135 combinations checked, best score 1128.0
Holding scratch 'n' sniff crossbow...
That's not an item, or it's not something you own.

The scratch 'n' sniff crossbow is pretty certainly sitting in my inventory. Any suggestion? TIA.

Edit: I've already tried to unequip everything and wielding the crossbow in the off hand, at no avail.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

Code:
Items and effects initialization complete!
Server www5.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from basement.php. Complain to Jick, not us.
Server 2 and 3 give the same result. Re-running the script do not solve it. Logging out and logging in don't solve it either. Completly restarting Mafia don't do anything either.
Was hoping to get a quick attempt in to see if Mafia still have trouble equipping items that are in my Disembodied Hand (which effectively break this script for me) or if I should ascend to perm more skills in hope that it will be resolved until next time =(

Winterbay

Have you opened up the basement? I know I've failed to do that on occation :)
Also, the script ran just fine today and yesterday for a 2 day basement run. Only 1 more to go now.