autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Theraze

I had a similar issue where mafia got confused yesterday about whether or not I had a black pepper available, and EatDrink kept trying to use it. Refresh inv helped fix the values in that case... after combat ends, you could try manually doing a refresh inv and see if that works, since it said you had -1 total divine blowouts, and that ended up being what you used to finish the fight.

tgetgel

I finished the fight manually. The divine blowout was what I had used in the previous adv. It was still in the item selection when the sync window came up. I just used what was there from before. It did not change to what was listed in my CCS because I did not have any of them.

I wish I knew how to set the CCS based on my survivability. These low level monsters I can just whack. I want to save the good stuff for the harder ones.

MeatyDoughnut

Unrecognized keyword: none

'twas working before. I think updated to a newer build (r8891) and the problem started then.

I've look through the thread and haven't found anything that helped me. I changed is_100_run from none to false but that wasn't it.

I was ok before switching to a newer build, somebody hold my hand :(

Rinn

Developer
How did you change the is_100_run variable, did you modify it in the script or use the zlib command?

slyz

Developer
A heads up, just in case it slipped by:
I wouldn't say it's a consensus, but I think it's clear: I'm going to move exponentiation to ** and will add ^ as XOR a few days later.

I'll do the former today, giving time for the major scripts to get updated and a daily build to come out to support it.
I'll probably do the latter when I get home from my little work trip to Boston, next Monday. And I'll spin a new release then.

Theraze

...You asked for hand holding, you've got it...

How EXACTLY did you do the zlib configuration? Please copy-paste gCLI output of you doing the change.

MeatyDoughnut

> zlib is_100_run = false

Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. : 21)...
_version_zlib => : 21
You have a current version of ZLib.
Previous value of is_100_run: none
Changed to false.

slyz

Developer
Perhaps this should go in the zlib thread.

I'm pretty sure is_100_run is supposed to be a familiar. What happens exactly when you set it to none?

Theraze

Ahh... see, that's the issue... You're trying to set something to an invalid value. The reason why zlib keeps that set to none, is because that's what it's supposed to be if it's not set to a specific familiar... it's not a boolean value at all. It's a familiar value.

What you actually want to do is fix whatever is set to none and shouldn't be... Post 128 says that old versions of the script had issues with the outfit names that caused that message, though the person who reported that said they caused their own problem in post 129, by improperly editing their script file. They had to delete the bad value manually to fix it.

For more information, we'd need the context around when you're getting the Unrecognized keyword message.

MeatyDoughnut

Ah, right. I was thinking 'none' was a null value (although that wouldn't really make sense in the boolean context I had in mind).

Equipment changed.
Putting on square sponge pants...
Equipment changed.
Saving outfit: MP Regen
Outfit saved
Putting on outfit: Damage
Equipment changed.
Unrecognized keyword: none

slyz

Developer
I think the problem is that autoBasement_combat_stat isn't set to a stat. Try typing this in the gCLI:
Code:
ashq import <zlib.ash>; print( vars["autoBasement_combat_stat"].to_stat() );
If the result is "none", you need to set autoBasement_combat_stat to one of those values: "muscle", "mysticality" or "moxie".

conan359

Using r8985 I get the error "Cannot apply operator ^ to level (int) and 1.4 (float) (autoBasement.ash, line 384)"

Why does the script use the Little Box of Fireworks over a Cracker for resistance checks? That's 10 lbs less parrot, meaning less resistance. I updated the version today before running the script so I'm running the latest.

Code:
Basement level 428: Stench & Hot Elemental Resistance Test
Maximizing...
4172 combinations checked, best score 13.869999
Putting on hardened slime hat...
Equipment changed.
Wielding lawn dart...
Equipment changed.
Holding six-rainbow shield...
Equipment changed.
Putting on hardened slime pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Mudflap-Girl Earring...
Equipment changed.
Putting on hopping socks...
Equipment changed.
Putting on hardened slime belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting Stats the Hovering Sombrero back into terrarium...
Taking Resistance the Exotic Parrot out of terrarium...
little box of fireworks is better than (none). Switching items...
Stealing little box of fireworks from Stats the Hovering Sombrero...
Putting on little box of fireworks...
Equipment changed.
Using soft green whatever...
Coldform removed.
Searching for "phial of stench"...
Purchasing phial of stench (1 @ 470)...
You acquire an item: phial of stench
Purchases complete.
Using 1 phial of stench...
You acquire an effect: Stenchform (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished using 1 phial of stench.
Maximizing...
216 combinations checked, best score 65.369995
Putting on Nose Ring of Putrescence...
Equipment changed.
Restoring HP! Currently at 3563 of 3937 HP, 2304 of 8002 MP, current meat: 285587 ... Target HP = 3937.
Casting Disco Power Nap 9 times...
You gain 360 hit points
Disco Power Nap was successfully cast.

slyz

Developer
That's not the script, it's the default Mafia behavior. Are you sure you have a cracker? Mafia would probably equip it instead of equipping the fireworks if you had one.

EDIT:
Code:
Gort the Exotic Parrot out of terrarium...
cracker is better than (none). Switching items...

EDIT2:
Oh, apparently the fireworks has priority over the specific familiar equipment. I guess it's up to the script to check if the Cracker is equipped. Or the familiar switch could happen before maximizing for resistance (the maximizer would then equip the cracker or a sugar shield for example).

Last edited: