autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Jar of Jam

For whatever reason it refuses to start, saying that:
Code:
Current character level (34) >= autoBasement_break_on_level (30), quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 100 adventures.
despite this variable set to 40 in the config file.

slyz

Developer
You cannot modify a setting by changing the value in script, instead type the following into the cli (change autoBasement_break_on_level to the setting you wish to edit):
Code:
zlib autoBasement_break_on_level = 50

Magus_Prime

I'm trying this script for the first time. I'm in aftercore and when I run the script I get the following after it does it's initial search for items and prices:

You need 1 more Hodgman's porkpie hat to continue.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

I have one Hodgeman's porkpie hat in inventory is the script not recognizing that or is it saying that I need two of them?

Winterbay

Where in its running is it when this message comes up? If you could post some CLI-output before (and possibly after) that would be great. Also, if you open up the Modifier Maximizer after it stops could you report what the line says since that is most likely what it was trying to do.

Magus_Prime

I have no idea what happened. After rollover I ran the script again and everything worked perfectly. If if happens again I'll post the information you requested.

Ferdawoon

I'm trying this script for the first time. I'm in aftercore and when I run the script I get the following after it does it's initial search for items and prices:

You need 1 more Hodgman's porkpie hat to continue.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

I have one Hodgeman's porkpie hat in inventory is the script not recognizing that or is it saying that I need two of them?

Was this right after freeing Ralph? Because for me, pulling all from Hagnks dont get properly registered in Mafia and the Maximizer still think that it have to pull stuff from there when it is really in your Inventory. Refreshing the Inventory or restarting Mafia tend to solve the roblem for me.

Magus_Prime

It was just after freeing King Ralph and pulling everything from Hagnks but after turn 1000. I think Ferdwoon's scenario is spot on. Thanks for the tip.

Magus_Prime

I just had the script abort on me because my CCS was trying to use a Love Song of Smoldering Passion against a hydra and I didn't have any in inventory. Is functionality to buy things like that from the mall planned?

Edit: The script just aborted because it couldn't pass a Mysticality test without using a pressurized potion. That pressurized potion was available in the mall for less than the threshold I set in autoBasement_max_potion_price. Shouldn't the script have purchased the potion and buffed my character? Admittedly it was overkill for the amount of mysticality needed to pass the test but it was the only way to pass the test. Mafia's own basement helper allowed me to buy a potion and pass the test so I'm a bit puzzled.

Last edited:

Theraze

Enable automatically buying from the mall with your mafia preferences and it will? That's up to you to decide though...

Winterbay

Since there is no way to inform the script about what's in your CCS you're going to have to make sure you have enough for whatever you've set up for when you run the script.

The script should buy potions from the mall if you let it, sometimes it doesn't anyway and I'm not sure why but I've never had it fail to buy big things like underwater potions though.

Magus_Prime

Mafia is already set to purchase from the mall when needed. That's part of what is puzzling me. The script is, most of the time, buying anything needed from the mall but in a few cases it isn't. The built-in Mafia help for basementing is working just fine in those instances where the script is bailing.

One new thing I just encountered: If my character is under the influence of a pressurized potion and a different one is called for to pass a test the script bails with "You're already under pressure." I would have thought, in that special case, that the script would then debuff the effect and use the pressurized potion called for to pass the test.

Magus_Prime

I just got an error when the script tried to purchase a pressurize potion from the mall so I set zlib verbosity = 9 and re-ran the script. It didn't show me anything that applied that verbosity = 3 didn't show.

Stopped purchasing pressurized potion of perspicacity @ 23,000.
You need 1 more pressurized potion of perspicacity to continue.
unable to buff Mysticality to 4288, quitting

Max potion price is set to 30,000. I have more than enough meat to complete the purchase and the potion is available from the mall for 23,000 meat as the error message states.

Hmmm... I just tried to use the Mafia built-in basement helper to purchase the potion and it failed. I just noticed that the character was already under pressure. The script didn't give me the "You're already under pressure" error this time. Odd that the script wouldn't, at least, purchase the potion from the mall.

Last edited:

Theraze

There is no special potion buying code, just a "use", meaning that if you haven't raised mafia's autoBuyPriceLimit from its default of 20k, it won't be able to buy potions that cost more, such as 23k... all the max_potion_price value does is remove potions from the 'possible' list if they cost more than that, it doesn't necessarily make them possible for you to acquire.

My guess, if you want 30k as your max, run:
set autoBuyPriceLimit = 30000

Magus_Prime

Thank you! That's a variable I wasn't aware of. Even with the issue involving the pressurized potions this script saved me from the insane amount of fiddling needed to get to level 500. I just completed the run for my first telescope certificate.

Winterbay

I never added any special handing of pressurized potions.

And neither did I. Perhaps I should look into that some day. Shoulnd't be too hard I guess... (problem is that if it uses pressure potions to add HP or MP by muscle/myst and you remove that to buff say moxie...)