Bug - Fixed Astral Gash- Pre-ascending- "Currently Pumpkin"

NataliaM

I think there may be a small bug in the pre-ascension screen of the astral gash- the one that shows all the skills you can perm, skills you haven't bought, etc. For garden, it says: Garden: plant pumpkin (currently Pumpkin)

And I most certainly have a peppermint patch currently. I noticed this at the beginning of last run, but thought it was just a glitch because I had just changed from pumpkin to peppermint.

roippi

Developer
If that is mistaken, the CLI "garden" command is also mistaken, and we need to look at CampgroundRequest.

FWIW I do not get this bug.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I got it last time I ascended, but was in a hurry, so didn't bother investigating it.

Actually, I did go look at my garden and saw that it was a peppermint patch with nothing in it.

Kirkpatrick

I've been consistently seeing this on all my Boris runs - suggests planting pumpkins, and says that the current patch is pumpkins. I've had peppermints planted throughout these runs. My pumpkin seeds are doing what they do - sitting around in either Hangk's or my inventory as the "packet of pumpkin seeds". If there's any useful information I can gather at the gash, let me know!

Darzil

Developer
Garden says "Your garden has 0 pumpkins in it." when the Campground has a Peppermint Patch for me.

Ascended, with peppermints, ran 'garden', saw "Your garden has 3 peppermint sprouts in it.". Ran breakfast (including picking peppermint sprouts), ran 'garden', got "Your garden has 0 pumpkins in it.".

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Grabbing stuff from your garden ultimately calls CampgroundRequest.clearCrop() I think, which has
Code:
			CampgroundRequest.setCampgroundItem( ItemPool.PUMPKIN, 0 );
			CampgroundRequest.setCampgroundItem( ItemPool.PEPPERMINT_SPROUT, 0 );
In CampgroundRequest.setCampgroundItem(), one of the counts has changed from 1/3/whatever to 0 (actually, it's removed from the list first, then re-added as 0), and the other one wasn't in KoLConstants.campground, so now both of them are in there with a value of 0. CampgroundRequest.CROPS just happens to check for pumpkins first, so that's what it always thinks you have. Without causing another server hit, it looks like the current campground item should be checked (getCrop() or getCropIndex()) and then setCampgroundItem() should be called with the updated quantity of 0. I can't figure out how to convert the AdventureResult to an item name or ID to change the quantity and convert back, and it looks like that's what needs to be done.

Using a seed packet leads to the image for the new one being seen without the old one being removed.

Alternatively, a new String currentCrop could be added and set in parseCampground() just for use with the ascension reminder. It would be useful in clearCrop() also, I guess, to set one of the items to 0 without adding the other one to KoLConstants.campground. It just seems weird to have something that seems redundant with what should be stored in campground.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Actually, I'm pretty sure I have this fixed (without adding any new variables to track stuff). I just need to wait for rollover to make sure it works.