Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

Theraze

I think most people grab this not for the automated ascension, but for the farm script... though Jernau is apparently trying for SC ascensions with it. More power, onwards and upwards, and all that fun. :)

I think most people grab this not for the automated ascension, but for the farm script... though Jernau is apparently trying for SC ascensions with it. More power, onwards and upwards, and all that fun. :)

The farm script is nice because it's a fire and forget sort of script (though it's becoming work to maintain). That is to say, it eats and drinks and does other work for you, but it has never had impressive returns compared to other relatively easy automatable things such as game grid and gong farming. I don't run it much anymore, but I suspect it's not something that could have gotten better with time. I'd say farm falls in the category of convenient, but not optimal.

Jernau

No passwords, not even a response from dj_d. This is kind of lame, I understand stuff happens. But its been over two weeks and not even a response. At this point I'd be happy to just get my Mr. A back.

Theraze

Well, either you wait another 2 weeks and you get the password, or he mails you the password before. Either way, you get what you paid for. -_-

Bale

Minion
At this point I'd be happy to just get my Mr. A back.

I don't blame you. However, you gave your payment to dj_d so we cannot give it back to you regardless of how how much we might want to help you. Please try to convince him to return your payment if you really feel that way, but I suspect you'll have to settle for the password.

Jernau

Theraze the countdown was reset because dj_d talked to fronobulax. I think you missed that part of the threat. He then, for some reason probably having to due to having gone over the two week mail limit, missed me. I don't expect anyone here to give me a Mr. A or the password other than dj_d.

I'm just frustrated. I'm guessing he's being spammed with mail because the notify tags on his scripts has caused looking through all his mail be too difficult to bother with.

For the sake of posterity,

KOLdj_d.png

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
dj_d has not responded to my messages since the one noted above. There is a consensus developing behind the scenes that the "countdown" shouldn't stop until people get their passwords which means Mar. 8 should be a very interesting day.

Theraze

My reading of FAQ point 13 is that if the reply hasn't happened to the original poster in 30 days, that's when failure to communicate happens. That being said, the problem with that is that in that case we have a varying start point and potentially a variant endpoint. Ah well, nobody asked me to split legalese hairs on the FAQ wording. :)

zarqon

I'm curious if his respond-o-bot has been down for a period longer than two weeks, in which case it's quite possible he may actually have no record of some Mr. A's being sent. In that case, it's kind of a Charlie Foxtrot regardless.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Compact Flash? Cystic Fibrosis? Sorry to derail, I just can't for the life of me figure out what that means...

Cluster F**k

Tango Uniform - T*ts Up is used in similar circumstances.

Both derive from jargon and acronyms expressed in the phonetic alphabet often used English speaking military organizations. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta...

StDoodle

Minion
Heh, actually familiar with the phonetic alphabet (though, when I tried using it to tell the DMV clerk my plate number she went all "deer in headlights" on me...).

For some reason I just couldn't get that particular phrase to come to mind. Must be one of those days. ;)

Last edited:

Jernau

Got a kmail from dj_d today. He returned my Mr. A and gave me the password anyway. I guess he was just overwhelmed by real life. My part in this has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Suigetsu

hi, i purchased the ascend script a while ago, and just logged in after a long hiatus, and found all my kmail messsages gone. can you re-send me the password please? in-game name is also suigetsu.

Well, I've sent numerous messages to him and he hasn't responded to me about a password. I did happen to dig up my old scripts buried on my hard drive, which were totally unzipped - just no password to use to open the unofficial ones. Could someone else send me the password? I'm ready to prove to any of the more senior forum posters as to my possession of the script.

Theraze

Unfortunately, that doesn't PROVE that you purchased it... just that you are currently in possession of (old copies of) the unzipped files. Only dj_d has payment logs...