Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

So the file contains several scripts and an assload of text files. I assume that I copy the scripts into my script folder (and already have), but what about the text files? Do they go in data or settings or have I completely buggered up?

Bale

Minion
Put it all in your /script folder, or divide them up with ash in /script and the txt files into /data. Either way it will work. I keep it all in a sub-folder called /ascend in my /script directory.

Just do not move any of it into your /settings. That would be bad.

Put it all in your /script folder, or divide them up with ash in /script and the txt files into /data. Either way it will work. I keep it all in a sub-folder called /ascend in my /script directory.

Thanks

Just do not move any of it into your /settings. That would be bad.

Crossing the streams bad or the cat just went on the carpet bad?

Ascend.ash borks when I try to do anything at the grassy knoll (specifically when it tried to do the untinkerer quest). Is it possibly because it's trying to access the muscle sign version while I'm Myst sign?

Can you provide a little more definition around the term "bork"?

It simply aborts the script. I keep getting a message from mafia that server (insert server - seems to be all of them) returned a blank page from knoll.php but trying to do the Untinkerer quest in Ascend.ash is the only time it's effected anything. It's worked since I manually got the screwdriver and gave it to the Untinkerer.

Tipmon

It worked fine at first but then it always started to just attack even though i aways got beaten up when i only attacked then it would only rest 2 times and not get rid of the baten up effect so that just lowered my chances of winning more. I have to just go in and use some of my spells and beat them easily in 2 rounds while the scriptjust doesnt get to use spells :/
(note: all of my scripts are up to date)

caphector

dj_d, loving ascend.ash so far.

I've got one odd bug you might be interested in; I've got one character that I was going to have the script finish ascending. Council currently reports two quests open: MacGuffin and island.

Despite there being two open quests, ascend.ash is attempting to complete the Leaflet. It then reports leaflet is complete, checks with the council, and then does leaflet again. It then loops.

My initial thought is that this might be because the Council is reporting two different quests open; would you like me to gather any information for you before I manually complete one quest to break the loop?

dj_d

Thanks Cap! It's really designed to only be hands-off if it runs the ascension from start to finish. If you're doing it piecemeal, then you may need to step in, as you found.

dj_d

Tip: if you read the instructions, you'll find that it's your job to make sure you can win your fights. Ascend.ash will make sure you fight beatable monsters, but it does not handle the fights themselves for you.

Nope Pastamancer under Myst sign (whichever one increases adventures from food).

Edit: And I just discovered on my multi that Mafia itself is not having problems with the Untinkerer quest. When I tried to bridge the Orc Chasm without finishing it first it prompted me and then finished the quest. Maybe I had already completed something manually that ascend.ash thought should come after the Untinkerer and it was confused.

Last edited:

Doctor Rockster

Any chance to get stinky cheese eye support for farm.ash? Or analysis of the diaper as a potential rollover equip if you have a non-diaper stinky cheese item in your inventory?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Any chance to get stinky cheese eye support for farm.ash? Or analysis of the diaper as a potential rollover equip if you have a non-diaper stinky cheese item in your inventory?

It probably makes sense for mafia to add support for them in some form and then use the added feature.

Doctor Rockster

That makes sense, I suppose.

Anyways, I'm having some trouble with EatDrink.ash and farm.ash that leads me to believe that something's going on with the price database. I had eatdrink working before, and had done tweaks to get it to suit the way I play, but now when I run it all it recommends are the crimbo chocolates, and claim they cost 0. (running it out of simulation gives an error about null price).

Compounding my belief that something is going wrong with my access to the price database was that farm.ash suggested the 'fun' house as the optimal place to farm, claiming disease was worth 5000 meat (most other prices I checked looked reasonable, though).

I have the most recent zlib.ash file, and the problem has persisted after overwriting my scripts with the contents of ascend.zip. Nothing seems to be amiss with my preference tweaks, either. I did poke around in the .ash and .txt files a little bit, but being relatively new to this I figure someone with a bit more experience might be able to tell me what's wrong off the bat.

CptJesus

I'm getting an error at the hedge maze. The script goes through the quest steps, and gets to the sorceress quest. The following is output:

Working on quest step Sorceress.
Have 6 filthy poultice. Total needed is 6.
Using retrieve but not pull, now have 6 filthy poultice.
Checking prerequisites...
You're already past this script.
Entryway problem

I checked the script, and it seems to be calling a function entryway...which I cant find anywhere. Not sure what the deal is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CptJesus

To find entryway, type this into the CLI:

Code:
ashref entryway

:D

It doesn't appear to be in any scripts that I have. I tried find in file as well using Notepad++. The only reference to it is in Ascend.ash.

ashref entryway returns:

boolean entryway()

And nothing else. Not sure what the problem is exactly, since I cant look at the function at all Q_Q

Bale

Minion
You missed the point. entryway() is a function built into kolMafia. If you want to look at it, you'll need to check mafia's source code.