Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

dj_d

Bazaare... see if this scratches your itch. :)

I haven't been able to do enough QA to make it a real release but it should work, and work with the latest version of everything. Let me know if problems arise.

Attachments

• Ascend.zip
    95.2 KB · Views: 81

Bazaaretw

Bazaare... see if this scratches your itch. :)

I haven't been able to do enough QA to make it a real release but it should work, and work with the latest version of everything. Let me know if problems arise.

O my god, I'm in love!

Although I noticed one thing.

at the end of eat/drink.ash when run solo, when it shows the report of the session, it's not showing what things you consumed.

Starting EatDrink.ash (version 3.0).
Consuming up to 15 food, 19 booze, and 15 spleen and then finishing off with the stiffest drink we can find.
Considering food from inventory Hagnk's the mall. Per-item budget cap is 25000.0.
Price will be a factor if you own it already. Hagnk's pulls (if enabled) will cost 3000 meat each.
An adventure has the value of 2000 meat. Mysticality subpoint is 10.0. Nonprime stat subpoint is 2.0.
food: At 0, consuming to 15.
0: milk of magnesium price: 1150 value: 48350.004
drink: At 0, consuming to 19.
spleen: At 0, consuming to 15.
At drunkenness of 19. Overdrinking.
choc: Checking non-filling crimbo chocolates - all 3 kinds
Finished. You had Milk of Magnesium in effect. Adventures listed above does not reflect that, but this does:
Spent 98095 meat. Gained Fullness: 15. Inebriety: 25. Spleen: 15. Adventures: 201. Muscle: 420. Moxie: 436. Mysticality: 737.
Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

Last edited:

catatonicmonkey

Just making sure you're still running your script, since I sent over a Mr. A yesterday for the script. Thanks.

EDIT: Just got the message. Thanks muchly!

Last edited:

morgad

suggestion for dailygrind.ash -

can you stick a 'maximize MP' before visiting the nuns?. for me this would result in 3000 mp burned a day, rather than 1500.

thanks
Dave

kasanax

Just bought & started playing around with the script the other day, and I love it so far!

I'm mostly a HC ascender, so I'm playing around with it on one of my exploring/spading/etc. multi, who's in Bad Moon right now. Not sure if anyone else has tried using it in BM yet, but if anyone's interested I can let you all know how things are working out (I'm using the Hardcore Checklist script, too).

One thing I've noticed is that when the script tries to use my spleen (through EatDrink, I suppose), it tries using Fancy but probably evil chocolates, and then vito-whatever capsules a few times, even though it realizes on the first one that I don't have any, and can't buy them. Here's the relevant output:

Code:
> Loading favorite consumables from user settings...
> adding favorite: rockin' wagon
> adding favorite: pr0n chow mein
> adding favorite: twinkly wad
> You're in ronin, and not simulating, so no shopping for you.
> Starting EatDrink.ash (version 3.0).
> Consuming up to 15 food, 0 booze, and 15 spleen
> Considering food from inventory closet Hagnk's . Per-item budget cap is 12500.0.
> Price will  be a factor if you own it already. Hagnk's pulls (if enabled) will cost 1800 meat each.
> An adventure has the value of <b>600 meat</b>. Mysticality subpoint is 10.0. Nonprime stat subpoint is 1.0. Hagnk pulls are limited and their 'cost' is incorporated.
> Pass 1: food.
> Skipping food.
> Pass 2: drink.
> Skipping drink.
> Pass 3: spleen.
> spleen: At 0, consuming to 15.
> Loading spleen map from Mafia's datafiles
> Filtering by type
> Filtering by level
> Favorite twinkly wad has a minimum required level of 6. Filter level is 4. Skipping.
> Finding prices
> Setting values
> Choosing spleen to consume.
> No spleen available that's good enough. Moving on.
> Pass 4: drink.
> Skipping drink.
> choc: Checking non-filling crimbo chocolates - all 3 kinds
> <b>fancy but probably evil chocolate</b> lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:0 own:0 value:3000
> Waiting to consume...
> EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a fancy but probably evil chocolate and you're not able to shop.
> EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a fancy but probably evil chocolate and it has a null price, so you can't buy it.
> FAIL: <b>fancy but probably evil chocolate</b> lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:0 own:0 value:3000
> <b>fancy but probably evil chocolate</b> lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:0 own:0 value:3000
> Waiting to consume...
> EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a fancy but probably evil chocolate and you're not able to shop.
> EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a fancy but probably evil chocolate and it has a null price, so you can't buy it.
> FAIL: <b>fancy but probably evil chocolate</b> lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:0 own:0 value:3000
> Waiting to consume...
> <b>vitachoconutriment capsule</b> lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:0 own:0 value:3000
> Waiting to consume...
> EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a vitachoconutriment capsule and you're not able to shop.
> EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a vitachoconutriment capsule and it has a null price, so you can't buy it.
> FAIL: <b>vitachoconutriment capsule</b> lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:0 own:0 value:3000
> <b>vitachoconutriment capsule</b> lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:0 own:0 value:3000
> Waiting to consume...
> EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a vitachoconutriment capsule and you're not able to shop.
> EatDrink encountered an error: You don't have a vitachoconutriment capsule and it has a null price, so you can't buy it.
> FAIL: <b>vitachoconutriment capsule</b> lev:0 gain:1.0 adv:5.0 musc:0.0 myst:0.0 mox:0.0 meat:0 own:0 value:3000
> Waiting to consume...
> Finished.  
> Spent 0 meat.  Gained Fullness: 0.  Inebriety: 0.  Spleen: 0.  Adventures: 0.  Muscle: 0.  Moxie: 0.  Mysticality: 0.
> Eating, drinking, and spleening complete.  Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

Let me know if I should post this in the thread for EatDrink.ash, and I can do that.

Thanks again - awesome script!

EDIT: *facepalm* Just remembered that FBPEC and the vita-things aren't spleen, but 'non-filling' -- am I correct in assuming this is still EatDrink.ash, though?

Last edited:

forsaken1111

Why does the Ascend Status script send you a kmail dj_d?

Edit: Check that, looks like they all do. Hope you don't mind, I'm disabling that.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Why does the Ascend Status script send you a kmail dj_d?

Edit: Check that, looks like they all do. Hope you don't mind, I'm disabling that.

It only sends a kmail the first time you run it, unless you move it to a different folder. Disabling it now won't actually do anything.

I'm currently getting "Function 'explore_entire_city( )' undefined (ascend.ash, line 1214)" when running ascend.ash.

I remember seeing this or something similar mentioned before on the forum, but I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know what's going on here?

EDIT: Found this, but icon's solution doesn't work for me. I get the same error.

I ran ascend today and got this error:

Function 'explore_entire_city( )' undefined (Ascend.ash, line 1213)

I am running mafia version 7881
I use to get this Error...All you have to know is that Ascend.ash does not work with different scripts other than the ones that are inside the .zip file....so copy/paste the files from there to the specific locations and press "Overwite" when needed...that should do it

Last edited:

dj_d

You may have another version of one of the component scripts in a subfolder or something - that's usually the cause of it. Try a clean install of mafia and see if that works.

Bale

Minion
To be specific, I believe his problem is that he's got an old copy of zarqon's macGuffin script in one of his other folders. He needs to either delete it or update it.

padamdam

this might not be news, but it could be a good thing to smooth out in later versions...

I noticed that the ascend script tries to kill the goblin king before slaying the boss bat. I looked at what it did, and it seems to me that the script tries to follow the order in which the council sets the quests. I think it would be smoother to kill the boss bat first, and while doing that get some nice exp for slaying the goblin king, and then kill the goblin king.

This would entail adventuring not by the order of the council, but more by difficulty, thus allowing for a smoother ascension(especially for hardcore).

Also: I notice that the levelup script sometimes says there are no available zones to safely adventure, and just quits. It would be very nice if it picks the 'next best lower level zone', so the script doesn't interrupt without reason.

As usual, just random comments, feel free to ignore them.

Mr Purple

this might not be news, but it could be a good thing to smooth out in later versions...

I noticed that the ascend script tries to kill the goblin king before slaying the boss bat. I looked at what it did, and it seems to me that the script tries to follow the order in which the council sets the quests. I think it would be smoother to kill the boss bat first, and while doing that get some nice exp for slaying the goblin king, and then kill the goblin king.

Don't know much about the script, or how it works, as I haven't, nor will I, use it for ascensions (too slow, but farm.ash is fantastic, btw!). But I would point out that if the script follows the order in which the council sets quests, then it would take down the boss bat (lvl 4) before the Goblin King (lvl 5).

You may have another version of one of the component scripts in a subfolder or something - that's usually the cause of it. Try a clean install of mafia and see if that works.

Not sure what you mean by clean install of Mafia. I tried using the newest official build (13.8) and the most recent daily build this morning (7960), and still got the same message.

I downloaded the whole .rar file and replaced all the component scripts, still the same.

To be specific, I believe his problem is that he's got an old copy of zarqon's macGuffin script in one of his other folders. He needs to either delete it or update it.

Updated macguffin, and zlib. No change. As far as I know, all of my scripts are up-to-date as I just checked and double checked them a couple of minutes ago.

:(

NEWS: I downgraded to the macguffin.ash that is bundled in the ascend.rar file. Ascend.ash works now. It would seem it's a compatibility issue with the latest version of macguffin.ash

Last edited:

zarqon

Yep. MacGuffin no longer uses hiddencity.ash -- it has a new function for handling the hidden city (partly -- recommend you read the first post there, link in my sig). Use the version included in the bundle if you want to run Ascend, until dj_d figures out how he'd like to incorporate the update.