Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

icon315

Not sure if this goes here......but since this script did come in the package.....I keep getting an error when i use farm.ash

can_adv reports that the area is unadventure-able.
Considering Daily Dungeon:
Considering A Maze of Sewer Tunnels:
Server www5.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from clan_raidlogs.php. Complain to Jick, not us.

What is it?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Server www5.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from clan_raidlogs.php. Complain to Jick, not us.
This is a combination of the fact that you don't have dungeon access in your clan and the fact that mafia assumes it should stop everything if you get a blank page back. I'm not sure why farm.ash would consider the sewer for farming, but I also think that aborting when a blank page is returned is the wrong way to go for mafia. One of those two things will need to be changed.

When running ascend.ash with the latest .exe, I get this error:

if (!explore_entire_city() || !finish_city())

When running it with the latest .jar, I get this one:

[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

Both of these happen the SECOND I run start the script after > call scripts\Ascend.ash displays.

Is this a mafia issue? Or an ascend.ash issue?

ADDITION: I should point out that I'm neither Level 11, nor an AT.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Build 7873 came out only an hour ago, so I wasn't sure you really had it just because you said latest jar.

Well, there is a work-around. Removing "the " from "the ode to booze" on line 1384 of EatDrink will solve the problem.

Last edited:

ubernuke

Is there a way to keep the MCD at max ML? It keeps setting it to 0 for me.

Apologies if it's been asked before, the terms are too short for the search to pick up.

Heffed

Is there a way to keep the MCD at max ML? It keeps setting it to 0 for me.

That would be FirstThingsFirst that is doing that. It's trying to stop you from getting killed. You'll need to set automcd to false in your characters vars_ file.

Xenthes

I ran ascend today and got this error:

Function 'explore_entire_city( )' undefined (Ascend.ash, line 1213)

I am running mafia version 7881

icon315

I ran ascend today and got this error:

Function 'explore_entire_city( )' undefined (Ascend.ash, line 1213)

I am running mafia version 7881

I use to get this Error...All you have to know is that Ascend.ash does not work with different scripts other than the ones that are inside the .zip file....so copy/paste the files from there to the specific locations and press "Overwite" when needed...that should do it

Nightmaster

Every time I try to run this (or anything else that references EatDrink) I get the following Error:

> call scripts\Ascend.ash

[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

Please help me fix this!!

Grotfang

Developer
So why do I have to send a Mr. Accessory to get the password?

dj_d put a lot of time and effort into making sure this works. In addition, he actively works to ensure that any problems you have while using it are quickly resolved (although this by no means is an obligation of his). There is nothing that dictates that script-writers' time and efforts must be given for free, and dj_d has decided to charge. This is his method of charging.

If you do not wish to pay, that is your choice. If you want the script, though, then you will have to send the Mr. Accessory.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Because that is the price.

How do you suggest that there is anything you could do do to make dj_d make you ignore that requirement? He might very well decide to waive it, but what reason d you give to suggest that he should?

Sheesh.

mottsy

it is worth the Mr A.
If you are too cheap to pay the mr A, then thats ok, but he put heaps of time and effort in it, it is well worth it, trust me

tgetgel

The price of a Mr. A also shows that you have played for a while and have some commitment to the game. Or that you have supported Asymmetric by sending money.