Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

uffda

kept giving me

"Visiting the Untinker
Server www5.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from knoll.php. Complain to Jick, not us."

every time and the script would stop completely. had to comment out the muscle sign screwdriver check

"visit_url("knoll.php?place=smith&pwd"); //for muscle signs"

Using latest ascend.zip, canadv, zlib, and mafia build

Mandrayk

<edit>

Re Written to make sense.

Noticed a glitch I think.

I was doing the crypt it cleared it, then fought the bonerdragon, I lost the fight, no biggie, but the script then stopped stating i needed a chest to continue. (no biggie I manually beat it and clicked the script)

Mountain Quest was done, then it adventured in the extreme slope, (moxie check picked here I guess) BUT I got beat up, and suffered the beat up penalty. My character was healed and went back for more at the extreme slope, but I didn't stand a chance as I was beat up...

<M>

Last edited:

kain

<edit>

Re Written to make sense.

Noticed a glitch I think.

I was doing the crypt it cleared it, then fought the bonerdragon, I lost the fight, no biggie, but the script then stopped stating i needed a chest to continue. (no biggie I manually beat it and clicked the script)

Mountain Quest was done, then it adventured in the extreme slope, (moxie check picked here I guess) BUT I got beat up, and suffered the beat up penalty. My character was healed and went back for more at the extreme slope, but I didn't stand a chance as I was beat up...

<M>
I've had this happen, too. But it only happens when your mood is incapable of dealing with beaten up. a simple "when effect is gained: beaten up -> uneffect beaten up" will fix the problem for you.

Grotfang

Developer

May I suggest Bale's Universal Recovery script? I use that for recovery and have never had any problems with it not handling beaten up.

Mandrayk

May I suggest Bale's Universal Recovery script? I use that for recovery and have never had any problems with it not handling beaten up.

ok so i need to run bales script first then the ascend script?

Heffed

ok so i need to run bales script first then the ascend script?

It's not something you need to run. You just need to tell KoLmafia that you'd like to use universal recovery instead of its internal auto-recovery methods. The script thread tells you how to do this.

dj_d

Indeed. One of the things you have to be careful of is that while ascend.ash won't fight most things unless your threshold settings permit it (see zlib for details), you do have to manage restores, outfits, and CCSs carefully. Universal recovery is great for that.

Mandrayk

should this script be learning the pirate insults? seems my character is decideing not to, so I have to set up a ccs for this area?

dj_d

That is incorrect. As long as your CCS kills things (including having a CCS of "attack"), the pirates will be handed by ascend.ash.

codster62

I understand you recently updated Ascend.ash to include new things like Dailygrind.ash and Farm.ash, but just curious, did you update any other scripts packaged with it?

dj_d

I honestly don't remember. I put a few experimental things in there so people can play with them, though, and when I think they're baked, I'll rev the version number and post about it here (like farm.ash).

uffda

I'm getting some endless loops because of eat drink, like this:

Now at inebriety of 19, drinking to 19.
Filtering remaining drinks for level and availability.
Now finishing with one big stiff drink.
Calculating values for final drink.
Choosing final drink to consume.
Attempting to consume...
You have at least one boilermaker in inventory.
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Drinking 1 boilermaker...
Inebriety limit reached.
FAIL: boilermaker lev:12 gain:4.0 adv:13.0 musc:27.0 myst:12.0 moxie:12.0 price:1588 own:3 pull:false make:false value:6308

it'll just keep trying to drink it forever, and its trying to do it before it's used up all possible adventures?

dj_d

(Note: best to report these in the eatdrink thread)
I found and fixed a similar bug - download the latest version from the eatdrink thread and let me know if it works over there.

uffda

I was debating putting it there, but the ascend script was calling eatdrink to try and overdrink before trying to spend the 67 adventures i still had left, and it was just getting caught in the eat drink loop.

dj_d

Ascend.ash tries to leave you with lots of adventures at rollover so that if the next day is a stat day, holiday, or whatever, you can use all your adventures on that. It does not take you down to zero, by design.

th3y

Ascend.ash tries to leave you with lots of adventures at rollover so that if the next day is a stat day, holiday, or whatever, you can use all your adventures on that. It does not take you down to zero, by design.

Along those lines, I've been thinking that it would be useful for ascend to check whether it's a mainstat day, and if so *do* use max adventures (down to zero).

-That's what TH3Y think